BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
2 hours ago

greenswamp.jpg

:thumbsup:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
fr34kout said:
Yup exactly, the aluminum block with steel sleeves means you can only bore it out so big until you need to put new sleeves, which is very expensive. Makes more sense to just swap in a 6.0 block to begin with. If it was an iron block like the 6.0 LQ9 you can bore it out without worrying about sleeves at all. I actually wanted to bore and stroke my 5.3 out to a 383 one day, but chances are that won't happen. Would be nice if I had more money haha.

Theres a guy that swapped his 5.3 to a 6.0 LQ4, dont see the benefit unless he's gunna bore it, shoulda just put a LQ9 in

[video=youtube_share;GhjdfP8vJYg]http://youtu.be/GhjdfP8vJYg[/video]

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
I know of 2 people to swap the 5.3 with the 6.0 ls2
One envoy and one saab

But yea the 5.3 cannot be bored out to a 6.0, something about being an aluminum block and ruining the sleeves

Gunna be trading my voy for an SS sometime by the end of the year or saving for a bmw 335i for a summer car
But would love to put some serious money into an SS and make all the ricer cars on the road think twice about thinking trucks are slow :rotfl:

you barely need an SS to beat ricers, You put the money in to beat the 5.0s and SRTs ricers are child play hahah Thats what fueled my fire an SRT8 backwards flat bill dbag. He will learn.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Ryda55555 said:
Theres a guy that swapped his 5.3 to a 6.0 LQ4, dont see the benefit unless he's gunna bore it, shoulda just put a LQ9 in

[video=youtube_share;GhjdfP8vJYg]http://youtu.be/GhjdfP8vJYg[/video]

Yeah, I wouldn't go through the work and expense for anything less than an LS2:thumbsup:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
you barely need an SS to beat ricers, You put the money in to beat the 5.0s and SRTs ricers are child play hahah Thats what fueled my fire an SRT8 backwards flat bill dbag. He will learn.

One of my friends traded in his Nissan Hardbody for a riced out Integra with a motor swap and thought he was the shit. Told him we should race for shits and giggles. Pulled on him 3 consecutive times and he was trippin out. Told him my truck weighs double what your car does, and this isn't even the top model motor. Told him if I had the 6.0 I would have dragged your ass a lot harder. He got rid of that Integra a few months later haha

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
fr34kout said:
One of my friends traded in his Nissan Hardbody for a riced out Integra with a motor swap and thought he was the shit. Told him we should race for shits and giggles. Pulled on him 3 consecutive times and he was trippin out. Told him my truck weighs double what your car does, and this isn't even the top model motor. Told him if I had the 6.0 I would have dragged your ass a lot harder. He got rid of that Integra a few months later haha

You must have 373:1 gears, mine has 342:1 and it's a little Toady off the line but,once she gets rollin' lookout! :biggrin:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
mikekey said:
A little more than a couple days ago.... :wootwoot:

ky_trip01.jpg

Looks Walking Dead-ish.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Its pretty sad that i can trade my voy for an ss with 135,000 kms and it'll only cost me $6000 maybe less if i can get more than $5000 for my truck
Thats less than it would cost to swap in a 5.3 and doing a cam and long pipes.... +theres an additional 100hp compared to the stock 5.3 in the SS
And you get a L70E and the 4:10 posi
Only thing that sucks is i have to buy a new sound system/nav unit and pretty much start with a blank canvas but im not really complaining :raspberry:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
northcreek said:
You must have 373:1 gears, mine has 342:1 and it's a little Toady off the line but,once she gets rollin' lookout! :biggrin:

Nah I actually have the 3.42 gears, but I'm planning on getting a TBSS rear end one of these days. Was going to do it this summer, but I'll probably wait till next summer so I can shorten it before I put it in.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
Its pretty sad that i can trade my voy for an ss with 135,000 kms and it'll only cost me $6000 maybe less if i can get more than $5000 for my truck
Thats less than it would cost to swap in a 5.3 and doing a cam and long pipes.... +theres an additional 100hp compared to the stock 5.3 in the SS
And you get a L70E and the 4:10 posi
Only thing that sucks is i have to buy a new sound system/nav unit and pretty much start with a blank canvas but im not really complaining :raspberry:

The 4L70E is nothing special, just ask the guys who have blown theirs up several times already :lipsrsealed: :rotfl:

Too bad your truck wasn't a 5.3, because if it was you could stick almost any LS engine in there without much issue as the wiring on all of them is very similar. Stick the largest LS you could in there :biggrin:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Sparky said:
The 4L70E is nothing special, just ask the guys who have blown theirs up several times already :lipsrsealed: :rotfl:

Too bad your truck wasn't a 5.3, because if it was you could stick almost any LS engine in there without much issue as the wiring on all of them is very similar. Stick the largest LS you could in there :biggrin:

I think its any LS engine with the 24X reluctor wheel, i dont know if you can buy a conversion for the corvette 58x reluctor wheel

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
It must be april fools today..... I dont see no vids....

Edit: i did find it in my subscriptions on youtube though :smile: btw i like the gauges

Thanks man haha! my account must have been screwed up because I swear I posted it and then wnet to check and I needed to log back in on tapatalk and the web version...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
yba3eru7.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Actually Yesterday

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
fireman4215 said:
Yep now I have my blazer and the Saab :biggrin:

NO WAYY!!! you're the one who bought it?!?!?
Glad its in a place where we'll see pics of it every once in a while
One hell of a deal that i wouldnt of let passed me if i lived near texas

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
NO WAYY!!! you're the one who bought it?!?!?
Glad its in a place where we'll see pics of it every once in a while
One hell of a deal that i wouldnt of let passed me if i lived near texas

Oh yeah! I'm stationed in Washington but when I saw that deal I couldn't pass it up. Going down to Texas to this week to pick it up. I'll take some pics when i get the two trucks together.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
fireman4215 said:
Oh yeah! I'm stationed in Washington but when I saw that deal I couldn't pass it up. Going down to Texas to this week to pick it up. I'll take some pics when i get the two trucks together.

Haha i hope you have a blast driving it, and Congrats!
I love the vids dirty 30 had of it on youtube especially of the one beating the cts v

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
20130828_153445_zps64c7e44a.jpg

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I am not a fan of decals either. The battery cover and fuse box cover are great spots for decals. Unless it is a GMT Nation decal, that belongs on the window. :thumbsup:

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
dmanns67 said:
I am not a fan of decals either. The battery cover and fuse box cover are great spots for decals. Unless it is a GMT Nation decal, that belongs on the window. :thumbsup:

As soon as my decal comes it will be my one and only window decal

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
dmanns67 said:

Dont forget the airbox!

(Old pic)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 25

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online