Pet Peeves

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I know many if not all of us have pet peeves! :yes: If it is from how people drive, what they modded, what there driving, who is driving, people at work, at school etc...

What is your pet peeve(s)?

Please keep it clean and use good judgement when posting

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I have a TON of these. Working in Customer Service an get interesting.

One pet peeve is when people call in and I'm trying to help them trouble shoot and all I hear is a screaming kids on the other side and you get pissed because you can't hear me.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
07 TB RIDER said:
I have a TON of these. Working in Customer Service an get interesting.

One pet peeve is when people call in and I'm trying to help them trouble shoot and all I hear is a screaming kids on the other side and you get pissed because you can't hear me.

Can you say that again? I can't hear you with the kids screaming in the background! Can you SPEAK UP?!?! LOL

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
My choice words would be " Do you want to call back after your little shits go to bed?" lol

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Oh you do NOT want to get me started (but you did).

#1 - People who do not know how merging traffic works!!! :hissyfit:
Whether its people who try to get on the 65mph freeway when they're pedaling along at 40 on the onramp, the ones who see no issues with blindly wandering into the next lane when theirs is ending, or the one who actually pulls out of the line of merged car, passes a bunch by using the lane that ends soon, and then forces his way back into line. Was behind one once that actually scraped fenders at the choke point, which then blocked the only open lane.

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
On the road, I hate those little stick figure families on the back window, douchebags who try to force their way into the front of the line, and people who don't use turn signals.

In life, I hate lazy asshole parents who let their monster children scream and run out of control.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I cannot stand roundabouts!! Only because many people wait till the LAST second for you to get closer and THEN they decide to cut me off and go! Seriously bugs the crap out of me!! :hissyfit: If only I can :smiley_kill:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Ass-hats that pass, pull into my lane and then slow down making me kick off the cruise control.:hissyfit:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ricers All Of Them
Rang Rover Super Sport Drivers that try to spit on the SS because there 50k+ car can cant keep up
People That Feel The Need To Slow Down to 2 Miles an hour to take a turn off a 55mph speed limit road
Older model cars on 26s
People that ask if they can drive my truck
Lifted Pickups Trying To Race Me Really not sure when lift kits added HP but apparently some think so
v6 RS Camaros trying to race me
Bikers doing wheelies on the highway
SRT-4s
People that will tell me Oh well a zr1 would kill you, my answer I hope to god it can or something is severely wrong.
People that cant merge cause 65% of rush hour traffic

Jeez I can go on all day thats enough for my first post in this thread

mika

Dec 6, 2011
When driving on the hwy at a good clip with miless of hwt behind you with not a sole to be seen, except for one turd hole that comes flying past you at like mock 3 or something just to cut right the f--- in front of you just to slam on the brakes because he is pasiing the exit he needed to take.........:hissyfit::mad::explode:

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
Hippies.

Hippies who are in such a hurry that they have to pull right out in front of me, then they go 5mph less than the speed limit.

Hippies who have to go slow so they can look at the pretty leaves in the fall.

Hippies who have to go slow so they can look at the pretty bald eagles in the spring.

Hippies who think their hybrid makes them a better person.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hybrids.

Supersized Diet drinks

People that come to my door to sell junk while my lil girl is trying to sleep.

million-miles

Jan 10, 2012
I was a long haul trucker for 9 years were to start.

that trucks are limited to the left 2 lanes of a 4 lane hwy and people get :hissyfit: cause you wont go around.

trucks that think they are God's gift to whatever.

IF YOUR IN THE LEFT LANE ON A CELL PHONE AND YOUR NOT PASSING ANYONE IT SHOULD BE LEGAL TO RUN YOU OFF THE ROAD.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
People that come to my door to sell junk while my lil girl is trying to sleep.

I just dont answer the door when people like them come :rotfl: Oh your a sale person...goodbye you can go now lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Anyone that asks will these specific tires fit my truck if I halfass this and dont do that and says I dont care that you have never seen my truck or have answered it before or that I could have searched for the answer...... The sense of entitlement does not go well with me. FU and dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
People who call the store and use us a phone directory. "No, I don't know the phone number to every business in the Valley. Nor do I have time to look it up for you!" Water lines were broke the other day, every other call was asking if I knew when the water was going to be turned back on. Uhhhh call the water department?

Iahawkeye

Jan 24, 2012
I really despise people who wont pay attention while driving, or those who will not move over for someone on the side of the road that may be broken down. That is a really scary place to be if you are trying to change a tire.

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012

tripplesix

Jan 26, 2012
-- Bicyclists on the road!! They all ride like cars but adhere to no traffic laws. Sorry but I just wish one of them to ride through a STOP sign when it's my turn.

-- Which brings me to 4-way STOP signs. Know the rules, follow them and keep it moving!!! I absolutely hate when they sit there and sit there when it's their turn. And then nobody goes. What the heck are you waiting for?!!? Mooooove!!!!!

-- Ringbacks (on cell phones). You know... when you call someone and instead of it ringing music plays. Really!!??!! It's always loud and long. And I'm not talking highschool or college folks. I'm talking about grown adults. Bless their souls. And mine.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So many peeves, so little time to spare during work :duh: Here's a couple from this morning's commute...

To start, people who take forever to get moving in the left hand turn lane. If the vehicle in front of you has already cleared the intersection and you're JUST passing the stop line, you're driving WAY too slow. Push the skinny pedal!

Everybody's favorite, the people in the left turn lane who get to the front of the line after the arrow ends, and stay behind the stop line when there's no red arrow. Go back to traffic school and learn what the different lights mean please!! :dunce:

Last (for now) but not least, the geniuses in the right lane of a 3 lane street, that cut across to the left lane at a stop light because the lane's open. But when the light turns green, they are the slowest person off the line, and take a half mile to get up to the speed limit. :hissyfit:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
tripplesix said:
-- Which brings me to 4-way STOP signs. Know the rules, follow them and keep it moving!!! I absolutely hate when they sit there and sit there when it's their turn. And then nobody goes. What the heck are you waiting for?!!? Mooooove!!!!!
Opposite here. Everybody tries to go at the same time. Or two cars go, instead of one.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Little kids on airplanes. Four flights yesterday, three had little, screaming kids near me and one crapped his pants so we could all be in agony, then they changed the diaper right on their laps.

Kids sports. You can't just have your kids casually play a sport any more. My oldest son is in house league basketball because we do not want to travel. We just got an email asking us all if we are open to having the house league kids start traveling. Each league is run by dads that won't let their glory years go and insist on reliving through their kids.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
Jkust said:
...... Each league is run by dads that won't let their glory years go and insist on reliving through their kids.

I guess it depends on where you are at. I did traveling baseball with my son (I never played baseball). For us it was to get a higher level of competition than is available in your local recreation league. They played ball most of the year with practices 1X or 2X per week. If you have a kid with talent that could possibly get a college scholarship most rec ball kids would be behind the curve to those that are in traveling league. Where we were at the time most of the rec ball league kids would end up not making the middle school baseball team.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
navigator said:
I guess it depends on where you are at. I did traveling baseball with my son (I never played baseball). For us it was to get a higher level of competition than is available in your local recreation league. They played ball most of the year with practices 1X or 2X per week. If you have a kid with talent that could possibly get a college scholarship most rec ball kids would be behind the curve to those that are in traveling league. Where we were at the time most of the rec ball league kids would end up not making the middle school baseball team.

You hit it on the head, everybody is wishing and hoping for a college scholarship. We have friends that just sold their house to move up the street to the very close, neighboring discrict for this very reason. Their kid may actually get one but the kid was raised Tiger Woods style with no childhood. This is the only kid i've ever known that was literally raised to play a sport. The truth is very, very, very x 1000 few are going to get a scholarship. Then as they get older and farther along in school, they end up burning out and don't continue anyway in their HS years. I will just earn more money and pay a bit more for college or the kids take out a few more loans so they get to be kids.

I agree on the rec bal vs traveling league. The difference between those kids is huge and so that makes my point more where the traveling starts creaping down to rec league level kids. Many times there are excessive tournaments just for the sake of having a tournament.

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011
Priuses.......and their owners. Most of them anyway.

Just cuz you're driving a hybrid earth saving car doesn't make you better than me. Just wait until I get my Z71 Tahoe.....b*tch :rotfl:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
When someone calls and the first thing they say is "who is this". Bitch, you called me!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
silvernclean said:
Lol * at work if I am alright 8,000 times a day. (I just made a pet peeve) haha

I think we are all wondering if you are alright. Are you sure you typed what you meant?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Fuktards with motorcycles that park on sidewalks and in the areas marked w slashes and any other non designated parking spot. It is fun to kick'em over. Too stupid to park in a spot...have fun picking it up.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I'm not a big grammar czar or anything but it bugs me when folks post on forums with poor spelling and punctuation like they are texting. It makes their posts hard to read and hard to help them and folks in the future when searching.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
silvernclean said:
When thru out the day at wormy boss asks me

Is there an English translation for this post? :raspberry:

tripplesix

Jan 26, 2012
silvernclean said:
When thru out the day at wormy boss asks me
silvernclean said:
Lol * at work if I am alright 8,000 times a day. (I just made a pet peeve) haha

i'm sorry but... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

okay okay, i think maybe i might know what you were trying to say. were you typing on your phone?? when spell check is on it can totally mess up the words you are trying to type, such as "wormy boss..." :rotfl: :rotfl:
i was really trying to figure out what you were saying (both times). but did you mean "work" instead of "wormy?" :rotfl: :rotfl:
that word ("wormy") really makes me :rotfl: :rotfl:

it seemed like you were trying to say your boss (at work) is always asking you if you are all right and it gets on your nerves; thus it is your pet peeve. if that's what you meant then i feel you. my boss used to do the same thing and i hoped she would ask me one more time so that i could tell her the truth but she never asked again. If that's not what you meant... then nevermind. Did you mean to say "wormy??"

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
That's what I meant tripple6 yes. My boss always asks me "u alright" or "what's wrong". Gets on my nerves!

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I got a new boss a few months back and he was good about checking to see how I was doing. At my company we know that it is easier to keep an employee(happy) than to find a new one and spend 3-4 mos getting them up to speed. I just made a point and told him "look, if I need something or if something isn't going well, don't worry I will tell you. If I need you I will call otherwise don't worry about me."

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
That's what I meant tripple6 yes. My boss always asks me "u alright" or "what's wrong". Gets on my nerves!

Are you sure your okay? :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online