Parts/Rebuild kit for 4wd Disconnect

MMechura

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Is there anyone out there who knows if there are parts available for my 2002 Envoy 4wd disconnect? I am aware that it is available on amazon new but I was hoping to save a few extra bucks by buying the parts separately or in kit form. Thanks for all your help in advance!!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There's no other aftermarket supplier, although Dorman was supposed to have one out by now. Only discount GM parts vendors like parts4chevys.com can save you money over the local dealers.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
chances are, if you bought all the parts individually it would equal around $300, which is what the ATP unit costs.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Hehe. If you bought each of the parts from the local GM dealer at full list price it's like $900 IIRC. :wink:

Where you save is if you're lucky enough to only need a seal and bearing and new grease, and none of the other internal parts have a problem.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hotness on here had a bunch of extra new parts from his rebuild that he did not use. He may have what you need.

rugbydelboy

Nov 5, 2012
I was just reading through this trend on rebuilding the disconnect, I had/still have a noise on the front end which kinda directed me to the disconnect so I stripped everything down to find this was not the problem although I did rebuild the unit with new needle roller bearings, seals and synthetic grease. My trailblazer has done 375,000km and the inside of the unit was OK but the ghrease was shot, all hard and discoloured, not from moisture just from wear and tear, the GM dealer tried to tell me there was the same oil in the disconnect as the differential, this is of course not true, I replaced the 3 bearings and seals for less than $70, including the grease.......my next challenge is the differential.......................has anyone removed and stripped down and rebuilt the diff, if so what parts did you need and how much, I can get a used one from a wreckers with no warranty for $550 cdn......................help!!

bravad'oh

Sep 15, 2012
If you call different wreckers you will find better pricing than that. DOM'S out in Oshawa lists one on the web for $325. They will likely want to sell it to you with the disconnect and the intermediate shaft. I have a 3.43 diff out of an Envoy that I won't be using cuz I only wanted the disconnect and shaft. $180 if you want it. :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online