Outer edge wear on both front tires

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding my 2007 Trailblazer 4x4. I noticed the the outer most block of tread is very worn on both front tires. The wear is even from driver to passenger side.

The truck tracks straight down the road with no wandering save for the occasional rut in the road. Handling seems normal but I do notice what seems to be more road noise than I remember when I got it.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions about this? I haven't taken it to a shop yet. I have never been a fan of bringing it somewhere without any ideas as to what's wrong.

I picked it up in March of 2016 with 89k miles on it. Now it has 129k. I would love to hear any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions from you guys.

Thank you all for the time! Have a great day!

Respectfully,
George D.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If the outside edge of the tires are worn smoothly, then you probably have too much positive camber. If the wear is more choppy, that can be caused by toe.

Either way, it sounds like the alignment is bad.

Reactions: Tiggerr

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Thanks for the reply, Sparky! I forgot to state in my original post that the wear was smooth and not choppy. I figured it was in need of an alignment. Are there any 'gotchas' to be aware of? This is the 1st 4x4 I have ever owned; everything else as been rear wheel drive.

Thanks again, Sparky!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The only 'gotcha' is some shops are stupid and only look at the upper control arm for alignment (like the full size trucks have) and, seeing none, wrongly assume that the alignment "can't be changed" instead of using their brains and looking at the slotted lower control arm brackets.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online