Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Where are all of these green LED mod pics
Not done with all the door modules yet, then i'll post, kinda hard to even make them out in the pictures because my phone sucks in low light. Hating how dim the 2 front modules look. Idk why GM decided to have its light sources not even be underneath the buttons on the door controls, I know a bunch of guys ran wires and dremeled holes underneath the actual buttons for direct light, but i'm alright with it for now, being it was my first time doing-so. I cannot get the LEDs for the HVAC to work, i've done them up a lot of ways now, I may of just effed them up completely from even working.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Capote said:
Not done with all the door modules yet, then i'll post, kinda hard to even make them out in the pictures because my phone sucks in low light. Hating how dim the 2 front modules look. Idk why GM decided to have its light sources not even be underneath the buttons on the door controls, I know a bunch of guys ran wires and dremeled holes underneath the actual buttons for direct light, but i'm alright with it for now, being it was my first time doing-so. I cannot get the LEDs for the HVAC to work, i've done them up a lot of ways now, I may of just effed them up completely from even working.
Dont feel bad I fried my front hvacc the first time ftom running a bad jumper

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
I have not taken that step in LED modding yet. Only plug and play so far.
I prefer wiring up LED strips, but I cannot say i'm a real LED modder until I actually solder more often, which i've begun to now. My equipment sucks, so that's the only thing i'm hating about it right now.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Aarkon said:
Dont feel bad I fried my front hvacc the first time ftom running a bad jumper
Atleast they're cheap to replace the rear module from what i'm told, if worse comes to worse, i'll dremel a small hole and stick an led strip in there and wire it to a power wire on the wiring harness for the HVAC lol

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Trying to print some stuff out and the printer has went full retard. Ran outta ink trying to figure out what it's doing and it doesn't realize that it's outta ink and prints out blank pages. Off to Walmart I go to get ink.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I am content with my stock lights under the controls for now. Have you added LEDs in the driver control buttons on the steering wheel?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
Trying to print some stuff out and the printer has went full retard. Ran outta ink trying to figure out what it's doing and it doesn't realize that it's outta ink and prints out blank pages. Off to Walmart I go to get ink.
lol, it's okay bro, atleast your printer works, I broke mine I believe by hammer fisting it back a long time ago

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
I am content with my stock lights under the controls for now. Have you added LEDs in the driver control buttons on the steering wheel?
My steering wheel doesn't have control buttons, I prefer it not having any tbh.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Capote said:
I prefer wiring up LED strips, but I cannot say i'm a real LED modder until I actually solder more often, which i've begun to now. My equipment sucks, so that's the only thing i'm hating about it right now.
I did mine with just a 8$ soldering iron and still using it now on my projectors
Capote said:
Atleast they're cheap to replace the rear module from what i'm told, if worse comes to worse, i'll dremel a small hole and stick an led strip in there and wire it to a power wire on the wiring harness for the HVAC lol
I never had to dremel any of mine I wouldn't recommend it I just did the hot glue gun method it takes a while but its worth it

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Thats good. What a PITA to change those out. Took me like over an hour for four damn buttons.
Yeah eff that. Only things left I gotta put LEDs in are the HVAC in the front and Cluster. Don't have 4wd switch and swapping wiper controls for a gauge since I don't even have a wiper motor/arm anymore lol

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
Yeah eff that. Only things left I gotta put LEDs in are the HVAC in the front and Cluster. Don't have 4wd switch and swapping wiper controls for a gauge since I don't even have a wiper motor/arm anymore lol
What convinced you to remove the rear wiper arm?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
What convinced you to remove the rear wiper arm?
All my decals I have back there, and only used it twice, once to test it when I bought her, and once by accident lol. I have never seen anyone do a wiper delete, figured i'd make my TB more unique than anyone else's and it looks really clean back there now. I don't like either of the wiper arm styles TB's have

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I have seen a couple TBs with the entire rear hatch shaved, never just the rear wiper removed. I use mine way too much to delete it.

You need to do the rear hatch handle delete too. I got all my parts for $9.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
I have seen a couple TBs with the entire rear hatch shaved, never just the rear wiper removed. I use mine way too much to delete it.

You need to do the rear hatch handle delete too. I got all my parts for $9.
Mine is almost completely bare, all but the "Trailblazer" is left, ran out of time while at Brandon's to do that one. We bounced back and forth on my TB, we had so many things going on with it lol. We went back and forth. Are you referring to the window handle or rear door handle? If you're talking about the window, Brandon has all the stuff I need for it.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
Mine is almost completely bare, all but the "Trailblazer" is left, ran out of time while at Brandon's to do that one. We bounced back and forth on my TB, we had so many things going on with it lol. We went back and forth. Are you referring to the window handle or rear door handle? If you're talking about the window, Brandon has all the stuff I need for it.
Talking about the handle on the window. When I say shaved I meant everything was removed. Even the recess for the license plate. It was completely smooth. Looks awesome and expensive.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Talking about the handle on the window. When I say shaved I meant everything was removed. Even the recess for the license plate. It was completely smooth. Looks awesome and expensive.
Figured. Ohh yeah, Brandon mentioned he has seen that before too, guy was an autobody dude so he did it himself while at the shop. Opened rear door with a remote. I wish I could see how it looks. I REALLY would LOVE for that to be done to my TB! Oh well.....

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
I gotta admit...that after JRSS pointed out the rear window handle delete mod just after i debadged my hatch i have given a lot of thought towards doing the handle delete...even played with the hatch a couple times by opening the window by grasping the bottom of it instead of the handle to see if i preferred keeping the handle or not. Im at the point that i am seriously considering doing the delete....side note...more SS parts may be headed my way...my buddy has a blue TBSS and is considering doing the same as Jimmyjam and converting to 2wd. As i mentioned to kyle that if this happens i may be able to get my grubby paws onto the front 4:10 diff and AWD disconnect...and possibly more bits related to the AWD. Plus i learned last night from another friend that the friend with the SS is def considering the offer i made towards making a deal with my stock 17s (well the 3 i have left lol) for his stock SS 20s.

Reactions: Aarkon and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I don't really open the rear window as much as I open the whole rear door, so I wouldn't mind deleting it. OOOO you lucky dog lol. Idk why so many people prefer SS wheels rather than exploring aftermarket wheels. It almost seems like everyone doesn't even wanna bother to explore what's out there. I'm glad I went that route, too many TB's have either stock wheels or SS wheels, mine stands out having neither :raspberry: Plus mine are a lot lighter than both those wheels and they've even made my TB a lower height than most normal 3" inch drop TB's. Just ranting there. :tongue:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
I don't really open the rear window as much as I open the whole rear door, so I wouldn't mind deleting it. OOOO you lucky dog lol. Idk why so many people prefer SS wheels rather than exploring aftermarket wheels. It almost seems like everyone doesn't even wanna bother to explore what's out there. I'm glad I went that route, too many TB's have either stock wheels or SS wheels, mine stands out having neither :raspberry: Plus mine are a lot lighter than both those wheels and they've even made my TB a lower height than most normal 3" inch drop TB's. Just ranting there. :tongue:
In my case its a matter of a severe lack of supply of aftermarket wheels in the proper bolt pattern...about the only ones i can get here in the proper pattern are Fuel wheels and DIP wheels..the DIP wheels look too much like something that would belong on my Jetta and the Fuels are difficult to get pricing on.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
In my case its a matter of a severe lack of supply of aftermarket wheels in the proper bolt pattern...about the only ones i can get here in the proper pattern are Fuel wheels and DIP wheels..the DIP wheels look too much like something that would belong on my Jetta and the Fuels are difficult to get pricing on.
Have you you looked on CarID or Tirerack? They've got a surprising ammount of wheels with our bolt pattern available :undecided: You could always use wheel adapters too

dmanns67 said:
Because they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go drink your Haterade...

:raspberry:
I'm not hating, just very opinionated at times, usually not on here though because everyone seems to be very on par with each other :thumbsup: Besides you know i'm not a hater man, always complimenting people's Mods & rigs :raspberry:

Reactions: dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Aarkon said:
Im planning on the 22 black replicas for my tax returns cause ive searched alot and even my favorite rims where beat out by those
Black replica's I do like more so than the chrome :thumbsup:

Reactions: Aarkon

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I know it would be lighter, less maintenance, but why move a car from awd to 2wd? I like the idea of having all wheel traction when you push it or from a stop light hammering it full throttle.

A friend had an 86 Subaru XT Coupe Turbo 4wd. She would pull up next to some hotrod at a light, and rev the little 4 cyl. It's be in 4wd. She'd bring that thing to 2 or 3 grand on the tach, and sidestep the clutch when the light went green. Usually the hotrod would squeal and rip tires loose, but the Subaru would just launch and be at the next light quick. I realize we're talking a lot different cars, hp, weight, etc but it makes no sense to me unless you're only using the truck on a straight track.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
Have you you looked on CarID or Tirerack? They've got a surprising ammount of wheels with our bolt pattern available :undecided: You could always use wheel adapters too

I'm not hating, just very opinionated at times, usually not on here though because everyone seems to be very on par with each other :thumbsup: Besides you know i'm not a hater man, always complimenting people's Mods & rigs :raspberry:
Someone forgets im in the land of the frozen shit 24/7 lol....and i am planning on adapters to run GMT800 full size 16" wheels. Though i will probably pick up spacers as well to be able to run 32" tires on the SS wheels if i get them.

Aarkon said:
Im planning on the 22 black replicas for my tax returns cause ive searched alot and even my favorite rims where beat out by those
Nice choice, check out your title man lol

Reactions: Aarkon

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
Yeah man I know, just giving you a hard time. To be honest when I was searching for wheels, I did not find many options for our bolt pattern. I did not settle for SS wheels. It was love at first sight :yes: . They are my favorite wheels so far.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I don't have stock wheels either. I haven't for a while now.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
Someone forgets im in the land of the frozen shit 24/7 lol....and i am planning on adapters to run GMT800 full size 16" wheels. Though i will probably pick up spacers as well to be able to run 32" tires on the SS wheels if i get them.
Ohh yeah, idk about shipping to Canada :confused:

dmanns67 said:
Yeah man I know, just giving you a hard time. To be honest when I was searching for wheels, I did not find many options for our bolt pattern. I did not settle for SS wheels. It was love at first sight :yes: . They are my favorite wheels so far.
lol yessss. I fell in love with my Verde Protocols when I saw them, only wish they were 19". Cool thing about Verde wheels is that they're made to order :thumbsup:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Aarkon said:
Nice choice, check out your title man lol

Much like sir thank you

[/QUOTE]So in "guess the next poster" I can say the pasta guy?
Oh - I just did.

Reactions: Aarkon and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
mcsteven said:
So in "guess the next poster" I can say the pasta guy?
Oh - I just did.
:rotfl: :crackup: :laugh:

Reactions: mcsteven

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
5544113898_This_is_Pasta_by_suukiyo_xlarge.jpeg
everytime-someone-tells-me-they-got-tired-of-pasta_o_1266635.jpg
pasta.jpg

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
mcsteven said:
So in "guess the next poster" I can say the pasta guy?
Oh - I just did.
I was originally going to go with cheese since its my favorite thing in the world but alfredo sounded better since ive eaten it for almost every dinner or lunch this past year and my friend started calling me that

Reactions: mcsteven and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Aarkon said:
I was originally going to go with cheese since its my favorite thing in the world but alfredo sounded better since ive eaten it for almost every dinner or lunch this past year and my friend started calling me that
everytime-someone-tells-me-they-got-tired-of-pasta_o_1266635.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chappymate

Members Online

No members online now.