Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
dmanns67 said:
I concur detective JP
Criminal Justice comes in handy for somethings. My teacher would show us pictures of cases he worked and we had to figure out what happened.

Reactions: dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:frown:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Wow really put me in a good mood :cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rmA_XQOsWg&index=148&list=UU65afEgL62PGFWXY7n6CUbA

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
One handed laundry folding again. This is a job for a whore. Good thing in doing it then.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Whore

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
What color you painting the vents?
Just flat black like the rest of the interior i've done, don't have enough anodized blue left to paint the fins inside the vents :no:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:iagree: :postcount: :spammer: :popo: :bonk:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:cool:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:whore:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:cool:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Doesn't the amp matter too?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
You'll be the one hearing it. If it sounds clean go for it. I like Dmanns fabricated setup for a single sub.

What is your goal with the subs?

Reactions: dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
poop

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Maybe I'll be as fast as you :whistle:

:popcorn:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I've been painting all day, now it's gotten too humid and has ruined parts I've been painting, i'm pissed. Some of the pieces look amateur as fuck

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Doesn't help that the paint got tacky because of the humidity, and thus when I picked up parts some of it peeled off. Pretty much had to rub off all the paint off one side of the wipers cowls I was doing. Also made the paint look more glossy than it was supposed to. I may have to take out some pieces of the interior that are already painted from a while back and go over them again to make them glossy to match. It's frustrating trying to get things to all match man

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Depending on what I am painting, I spray coats in the garage then bring it into the house to dry in the AC between coats, seems to help.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Depending on what I am painting, I spray coats in the garage then bring it into the house to dry in the AC between coats, seems to help.
That's what I did for the unfinished parts now. Atleast I have the front passenger vent and piece surrounding it complete and put back in. Still have to do the center vents and then put together the drivers side vent back together and install it. Next weekend I think i'll tackle the whole center console and repaint that black too. I don't think i'm ever gonna do the WHOLE dash, i'll for sure scratch pieces I've already painted and it takes a while to get out. If anything i'll stick to the plan of getting the SS set of seats and re-carpet her. Idk about the headliner.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
What color are you painting the interior pieces? Blue?
Nah flat black like always, but looks like i'll have to repaint all the small interior pieces on the dash that are removable gloss black :no:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
Nah flat black like always, but looks like i'll have to repaint all the small interior pieces on the dash that are removable gloss black :no:
Did you use any primer on the plastic like adhesion promoter? I typically use that as the base coat on all plastics. Followed by either a sandable primer or jump straight to paint depending on how smooth the surface is.

Reactions: djthumper

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Did you use any primer on the plastic like adhesion promoter? I typically use that as the base coat on all plastics. Followed by either a sandable primer or jump straight to paint depending on how smooth the surface is.
No, but I've never had to before, but i'm about to start using that from now on, this is waaaay to frustrating man

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
No, but I've never had to before, but i'm about to start using that from now on, this is waaaay to frustrating man
Yeah man I know what you mean. It took me a while to get my side mirror covers perfect.

Auto Zone and Advanced Auto both sell adhesion promoter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chappymate

Members Online