Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
dmanns67 said:
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way. One cannot lead until they learn to follow :yes:
That is what I live by, it was also my training squadron's motto in Basic Training.

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
djthumper said:
That is what I live by, it was also my training squadron's motto in Basic Training.
I think that is a military quality that is ingrained in all of us in boot camp.

Even now that I am out and watching the guys I work with, I can tell a difference between the guys that were in and ones that never enlisted.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Follow my lead whores

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
I think that is a military quality that is ingrained in all of us in boot camp.

Even now that I am out and watching the guys I work with, I can tell a difference between the guys that were in and ones that never enlisted.
Yeah anyone who's been in the military can always tell who's ever served or not. Their demeanor, the way the carry themselves, the way they speak, etc. Being in the service changes oneself, you can never change that. It stays with you the rest of your life.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
You guys always seem to have more respect for everything. More mature, too.

Btw, I have the upmost respect for any and all of you guys. Thanks for what y'all do/have done behind the scenes fighting for and protecting our country. Even if you've never been deployed, you went through hell to have the chance. I take my hat off to y'all. :tiphat:

This time I am gone..I think lol.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
Yeah anyone who's been in the military can always tell who's ever served or not. Their demeanor, the way the carry themselves, the way they speak, etc. Being in the service changes oneself, you can never change that. It stays with you the rest of your life.
True statement. When I am talking to my guys, sometimes I have to stop and remember I am in the civilian world now.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
True statement. When I am talking to my guys, sometimes I have to stop and remember I am in the civilian world now.
It's gonna be hard for me when I have to have to work in the civilian world. I'm used to being able to rely on the guy to my left and right. Here in the military you're with people who have gone through thick and thin with you, shared the same experiences, developed a bond & brotherhood. It's hard to get the same thing out there in the civilian sector.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Quad tails whore

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
It's gonna be hard for me when I have to have to work in the civilian world. I'm used to being able to rely on the guy to my left and right. Here in the military you're with people who have gone through thick and thin with you, shared the same experiences, developed a bond & brotherhood. It's hard to get the same thing out there in the civilian sector.
Believe it or not that bond is still there with guys that have served before. You have the military foundation that brings you together. I work with guys that were in the Navy and Army and had an instant bond based on our background.

Its not the same bond you develop with guys in your unit or go to battle with, but still there.

Some reason in the civilian world you have to worry about "feelings" :crazy:

I told my guys this is no place for feelings, leave that shit at home :rotfl:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Believe it or not that bond is still there with guys that have served before. You have the military foundation that brings you together. I work with guys that were in the Navy and Army and had an instant bond based on our background.

Its not the same bond you develop with guys in your unit or go to battle with, but still there.

Some reason in the civilian world you have to worry about "feelings" :crazy:

I told my guys this is no place for feelings, leave that shit at home :rotfl:
If i worked with a bunch of vets, i'd love that :cool:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:iagree:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:rotfl:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
HAHA i would quote you from a couple of weeks ago but it would take hours to find the post.

something like "you guys will never out whore me, i have 18k posts good luck"

something like that

:crackup:
That was not me.

I did say something about you guys won the battle, not the war. You need to look at the big picture, you are 20,000 posts behind the King.

King whore = HardTrailz

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
That was not me.

I did say something about you guys won the battle, not the war. You need to look at the big picture, you are 20,000 posts behind the King.

King whore = HardTrailz
Hell they are still a few thousand behind me lol

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Capote said:
Not 100% same, but similar as a 10 year firefighter. No politically correct shit at the house. Didn't matter if you were a Mick, Spic, Black, Mac, Wop or Jew - everyone dished and everyone got it at one time or another. On and off the job we counted on each other. Wife in the hospital? Bring your kids to my house for sleepover with my kids. Need help building a deck? Make sure you got the BBQ hot and beer cold when we're done. Got problems with some guy hitting on your 15 year old daughter? Uncle Tommy will "talk" to him. Got problems? We all hang around after shift so you can tell us. We built pretty strong bonds as well.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Capote

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
mcsteven said:
Not 100% same, but similar as a 10 year firefighter. No politically correct shit at the house. Didn't matter if you were a Mick, Spic, Black, Mac, Wop or Jew - everyone dished and everyone got it at one time or another. On and off the job we counted on each other. Wife in the hospital? Bring your kids to my house for sleepover with my kids. Need help building a deck? Make sure you got the BBQ hot and beer cold when we're done. Got problems with some guy hitting on your 15 year old daughter? Uncle Tommy will "talk" to him. Got problems? We all hang around after shift so you can tell us. We built pretty strong bonds as well.
Oh so a fellow former smokeeater eh?

Reactions: mcsteven

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
mcsteven said:
Yeah Police & Firefighter got that bond too

Reactions: mcsteven

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
Oh so a fellow former smokeeater eh?
Yeah. 10 years with a smaller town. Miss it like mad. But breaking a knee off the job doesn't help your career longevity.

Capote said:
Yeah Police & Firefighter got that bond too
:thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Capote said:
I have been around the military most all of my life and I can definitely tell who are vets. I can also tell who are the ones that were really gunho and wonder why they didn't stay if they were all that. Most

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
mcsteven said:
Yeah. 10 years with a smaller town. Miss it like mad. But breaking a knee off the job doesn't help your career longevity.

:thumbsup:
I was in my hometowns Vol.FD for a little over 2 years before I moved. Was mostly trained for structure and wildland firefighting.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
poop

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
If we go by who has racked the most posts in a short amount of time i think the award should go to.......

CAPOTE THE BIGGEST :whore: IN A SHORT TIME :smile:

:iagree:
lol I do believe that title would be mine :yes: :iagree:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Have a good one Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member