Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
<---- Hermit whore :frown:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Ugh...sometime soon i need to start working on editing more of the Monster Truck pics...i will post the results of that in the Photography thread when i get around to starting that lol

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Looking forward to seeing it soon :biggrin: Are we the only whores here at the moment? Mounce went night night? lol

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
Looking forward to seeing it soon :biggrin: Are we the only whores here at the moment? Mounce went night night? lol
Looking that way lol....sooo glad i have sunday off...kinda sore from working on the S10 for as long as i did today lol

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Any other work you gotta do on it?

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
Any other work you gotta do on it?
Found out what i thought was a bad ball joint is actually a bad wheel hub, plus i need to replace both front door handles at some point...Other then that rear shocks and it should be good for quite awhile lol

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hmm so she'll keep ya busy for a little while longer it seems

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
Hmm so she'll keep ya busy for a little while longer it seems
Most likely..Pretty much all of today was a combination of worn out parts due to delivery driving and previously unreplaced worn out parts....the shocks were so dead i could push them fully compressed by hand and they would stay compressed until either tapped or pulled extended again lol

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
Most likely..Pretty much all of today was a combination of worn out parts due to delivery driving and previously unreplaced worn out parts....the shocks were so dead i could push them fully compressed by hand and they would stay compressed until either tapped or pulled extended again lol
Wow that's crazy lol When do you think those shocks were last replaced :rotfl:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
Wow that's crazy lol When do you think those shocks were last replaced :rotfl:
given the amount of surface rust on them....i actually wondered if they were the ones GM put there in 1995!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Holy crap! That's insane! Who was the original owner?

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
Holy crap! That's insane! Who was the original owner?
Dunno....i know the truck has had at least two owners before me. And i know only the one before me did any serious work to it. He replaced the brakes and redid all the tie rods and ball joints a few years ago. The last 10,000 kms on those brakes were done in heavy stop and go delivery driving...so thats what rapidly killed them and that is why i opted for the same level of brake pads that they use on cop cars and cabs for the replacements.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
Dunno....i know the truck has had at least two owners before me. And i know only the one before me did any serious work to it. He replaced the brakes and redid all the tie rods and ball joints a few years ago. The last 10,000 kms on those brakes were done in heavy stop and go delivery driving...so thats what rapidly killed them and that is why i opted for the same level of brake pads that they use on cop cars and cabs for the replacements.
Well atleast its in good hands again now. How long have you had it for?

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Well atleast its in good hands again now. How long have you had it for?

A full year so far...I traded my old K3500 1 ton for it not long after i started dating the gf. The intent initially was to turn it into a full out trail toy...then that morphed into it was supposed to become the gfs truck...then the Trailblazer being sidelined put a kibosh on that idea...So it has been my DD since may and will probably remain my delivery rig even after the TB is back online. We are hopefully buying the future sister in laws '01 Pontiac Grand Prix GT for the gf to drive during the warmer months of the year.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
A full year so far...I traded my old K3500 1 ton for it not long after i started dating the gf. The intent initially was to turn it into a full out trail toy...then that morphed into it was supposed to become the gfs truck...then the Trailblazer being sidelined put a kibosh on that idea...So it has been my DD since may and will probably remain my delivery rig even after the TB is back online. We are hopefully buying the future sister in laws '01 Pontiac Grand Prix GT for the gf to drive during the warmer months of the year.

My neighbor's S10 looks very similar. I think they moved though, havn't seen it. He was always tinkering with it. Strange guy lol

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
Mounce spent two hours on YouTube lol
Chode lol, thought you left us

Reactions: Mounce

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Bigger version of the before/after pic...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
Bigger version of the before/after pic...

I like the fog lights man :cool:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
I like the fog lights man :cool:
I have yet to hook up the bigger round ones. The only ones that are wired up atm are the small square rigid ones. I plan on replacing the bigger ones with a pair of 6" SRB halogen off road lights since they emit a yellow beam pattern which i need for fog/snow here. The unused lights are HID retrofitted Harbor Freight units.

In case neither of you have seen a decent shot of my Trailblazer...

Plus a more recent pic of the Blazer minus the running boards and with painted grille..

nvkl.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I used to own a 1997 GMY Yukon, man I loved it, but it started to have some issues a little bit before I traded it in for my TB. It was just too expensive top maintain, that's why I chose to sell it. I was going to put a lift kit on it and a flowmaster 40 series. Or just straight pipe it. Yes of coarse it had lots of LEDs too! List of mods on it included: K&N 57 Series, After market smoked headlights, Blue LED strip in grill (exactly like I have on my TB now), aftermarket tail lights, Blue LEDs in the gauge cluster, blue LED dome lights, blue LED footwells in front and rear passenger seats, and LED glow bars on the ceiling lol.
IMG_20130417_165042.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-0095.jpg
    Photo-0095.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo-0096.jpg
    Photo-0096.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo-0153.jpg
    Photo-0153.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo-0155.jpg
    Photo-0155.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo-0163.jpg
    Photo-0163.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: CaptainKD

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Mounce said:
I don't think I've ever seen your TB, what's wrong with it again? I can't remember lol
Well it has changed a fair bit since that pic...New stereo, Remote start, hatch debadge..thats about it off the top of my head...

As for whats wrong with it....

Steering rack
both front LCAs are tweeked
right front strut looks to be bent

Parts that will need to be changed with the above

Brakes (close to worn out due to delivery driving like the Blazer)
left front strut needs to be changed to match when right is replaced
rear shocks should probably be done at this point as well.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Your Blazer looks like it could be a real fun toy :biggrin:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
Your Blazer looks like it could be a real fun toy :biggrin:
Oh it is! But then again the TB is even more fun after i uncorked its exhaust lol
Lets just say both trucks haul ASS down back roads in very efficient manners lol

Mounce said:
And how'd all of that damage occur? I seem to remember it involving sliding on ice lol
all of it but the left LCA was due to a curb hit at the end of winter...Left LCA was something i found out about after due to rapid tire wear...I knew the truck was in a prior accident before being imported to canada.

On a side note...it looks like you had a nice GMT400 there Aaron..makes me miss the truck i refer to as Vegas which is another project thats on hold atm...

if you think the Blazer is fun...well Vegas has that topped...
heres why...

Half Ton with a Detroit Turbo Diesel....

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah it was pretty nice, interior was amazingly clean, it has the most comfortable seats ever! AND it rode smoother than my TB believe it or not.

Mounce said:
In case neither of you have seen my TB..
attachicon.gif
IMG_20140502_155647-1.jpg
Holy crap Mounce about time you show it off! That's not dirty dude, you said it was really dirty :biggrin:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
Lol Capote, that pic is from a few months ago but it was still dirty in that pic. You just can't tell. :raspberry:

Edit: Morning, Fire!
I find most EXT models to looks awkward as fuck, but yours doesn't look awkward to me Mounce, I like it :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mounce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzl3r

Members Online