Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Canadian Mike said:
Afternoon whores! Another sunny day, too bad the weekend is forecasted for rain.

No shit. And I am best man in my buddy's wedding with the camping/shooting/outdoor bachelor party scheduled.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
No shit. And I am best man in my buddy's wedding with the camping/shooting/outdoor bachelor party scheduled.

Afternoon. What????!!!!!! :eek: No wild naked female strippers!!!! :eek: I do like the shooting part. Haven't done that since I was a kid. :biggrin:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Brakes are simple, why not save some money and do them yourself. Couple hours and whole truck can have new brakes.

Couple hours? Last weekend I replaced my front pads in 20 minutes from lifting the truck up to back down. :wootwoot:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
silvernclean said:
I believe hardtrailz was saying the whole truck. :beer:

Generally it is only the front press that need replaced, they do the majority of the work.

Morning whores!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:
Generally it is only the front press that need replaced, they do the majority of the work.

Morning whores!

My rear were worse than front but did em all for good measure. Could ne done w all 4 in 30 minutes if actually trying but couple hours seemed right for someone new and learning.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
My rear were worse than front but did em all for good measure. Could ne done w all 4 in 30 minutes if actually trying but couple hours seemed right for someone new and learning.

So now we are picking on new people who have not done breaks and might be slow at it.... I am in :wootwoot::wootwoot:

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Morning whores. Ive got a full day ahead of me trying to find an exhaust leak on the tb. :undecided:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
fireman4215 said:
Morning whores. Ive got a full day ahead of me trying to find an exhaust leak on the tb. :undecided:

Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

I hope to make more than one post here today. :yes:

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

I hope to make more than one post here today. :yes:

Found the leak. Seems the lower bolt on cylinder 2 has been sheared off. Headed to a machine shop to have them remove it.

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Fire06 said:
Way to go fireman.. Hopefully they can get them out with out to much trouble..

Yeah no kidding I guess my last trail run was a little too intense ha. I hope it's just not seized up.

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
So just found out that every bolt on my manifold is seized up.. They all have to be drilled and removed because my gasket is blown out.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
fireman4215 said:
So just found out that every bolt on my manifold is seized up.. They all have to be drilled and removed because my gasket is blown out.

Nice that you found the problem. :thumbsup: But it sure sucks that the problem is that bad. :frown:

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
Nice that you found the problem. :thumbsup: But it sure sucks that the problem is that bad. :frown:

Yeah and here I thought i was gonna sneak past 200k with no major problems :no:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Morning whores

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Yay. Last day of 5 in a row. 10 more hours of 52 left to suffer through... Lord, bring Saturday on!! I need a break! :cool:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Afternoon whores. :biggrin:

Insurance and Lawyer are two things we need, but cost you a lot to use.

Been dealing with an insurance issue this afternoon for work. Thank goodness it's not for me. :biggrin:

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Afternoon everyone.

Got a call from my wife this afternoon saying she was driving the TB and this light came on the dash....

View attachment 20466
(Service 4wd light)

She said that the light went out after a little while. Its been running in 2wd most of this winter. I will attempt to troubleshoot it tomorrow :confused: Just not to sure were to start.

Attachments

• 4wd.JPG
    4wd.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 38

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
woody79 said:
Afternoon everyone.

Got a call from my wife this afternoon saying she was driving the TB and this light came on the dash....

View attachment 6215
(Service 4wd light)

She said that the light went out after a little while. Its been running in 2wd most of this winter. I will attempt to troubleshoot it tomorrow :confused: Just not to sure were to start.

See if you can put into 4wd. If you can't then the 4wd control module will have to be replaced. If GM is consistent it will be located under the driver's seat under the carpet. The part shouldn't be around $150.00 or so.

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
See if you can put into 4wd. If you can't then the 4wd control module will have to be replaced. If GM is consistent it will be located under the driver's seat under the carpet. The part shouldn't be around $150.00 or so.

Thanks for the info. The light is no longer on, but is it possible to pull the old code(s) if I go to somewhere like AdvanceAuto or AutoZone? I don't have access to my own reader.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
4wd doesnt throw P0 codes unfortunately... As far as i know you would need a tech2 (again not 100% positive.) to read those codes...

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Hatchet said:
4wd doesnt throw P0 codes unfortunately... As far as i know you would need a tech2 (again not 100% positive.) to read those codes...

Oh well, figured as much. I will look into it more tomorrow. I'll check the Transfer Case fluid first.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Evening all. Kind of a crappy weather day. Seemed to rain most of the day then it was damp and cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cavallaro

Members Online