Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
And getting married :yes:
The army played a big roll in the fail of it, changed me in a bad way mentally with stress and depression, thus affected my marriage for the worse
CaptainKD said:
You gave up that right already Mr. Army.
The Army has been a disappointment, I'm tired of it

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Eastern NC
Not trying to beat a dead horse but if Tech Talk is not allowed in the Post Whore thread because it's not searchable content and it won't help members then why is Tech Talk allowed is the LED Mod Thread? That thread is basically a second post whore thread with tech talk mixed in.

The LED Mod Thread could be drastically more useful if broken into dedicated threads per topic.

This is coming from a paying member that has looked into LED info several different times and the LED mod thread is 100% worthless currently (in my opinion) because vital info is scattered throughout so many different pages.

Seems odd to me to specifically attack the Post Whore thread but turn a blind eye to the LED Mod Thread when the exact same thing is happening.

Just my two cents.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Kd you broke a rule :nono:

Do not TYPE MESSAGES IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. This is perceived as shouting and is not necessary.

Gm you have been posting teasers :raspberry:

It is considered rude to post "teaser" threads that don't offer any real information or don't deliver on promises.

Reactions: Sib

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Sorry but cap is right this weekend it took me hoing through half the led mod thread to find a pic I thought I saw a while back but I am of no help as well

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Eastern NC
Mounce said:
Carlton has tried cleaning that up just for the purpose of having it easier to look through.
Breaking it into separate dedicated threads per topic would make it "searchable content" that would help members to find information. Currently it's not very helpful (in my opinion) at all and it's loaded with post whoring.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
CaptainKD said:
Not trying to beat a dead horse but if Tech Talk is not allowed in the Post Whore thread because it's not searchable content and it won't help members then why is Tech Talk allowed is the LED Mod Thread? That thread is basically a second post whore thread with tech talk mixed in.

The LED Mod Thread could be drastically more useful if broken into dedicated threads per topic.

This is coming from a paying member that has looked into LED info several different times and the LED mod thread is 100% worthless currently (in my opinion) because vital info is scattered throughout so many different pages.

Seems odd to me to specifically attack the Post Whore thread but turn a blind eye to the LED Mod Thread when the exact same thing is happening.

Just my two cents.
The same could be said for BT's mod support thread. Its like a tech whore thread, has good information, but not searchable. Plus we do not get yelled at for the tech talk.

I believe the mods are more worried about the tech talk that pertains to repairs/preventive maintenance on GMTs. I really dont think they care about the mod threads.

Although, we did get yelled at for talking about projector retros in this thread. So who knows what they think.

I guess we will find out in "the near future"

Reactions: CaptainKD

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I agree with you, don't get me wrong, I was just mentioning that it's been cleaned up some. I think it'd be cool to have a thread listing the different mods and such or even an edit to the first post with a list. That'll take some man hours though

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Break it up into basics of LEDs, diodes, resistors, how-to, etc. That thread is a monster. I posted videos in that thread on all the above topics that I can no longer find.

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Eastern NC
Mounce said:
I think it'd be cool to have a thread listing the different mods and such or even an edit to the first post with a list. That'll take some man hours though
Man hours? Good thing we have a volunteer staff that is currently dedicated to helping improve the searchable content of our amazing forum.

dmanns67 said:
Break it up into basics of LEDs, diodes, resistors, how-to, etc. That thread is a monster. I posted videos in that thread on all the above topics that I can no longer find.
My point exactly. Useful and helpful information lost in the abyss.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I know Carlton said he has spent many hours of his own time cleaning up that thread. I assume since its hia thread and he is the LED Guru, the responsibility falls on him.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
CaptainKD said:
Breaking it into separate dedicated threads per topic would make it "searchable content" that would help members to find information. Currently it's not very helpful (in my opinion) at all and it's loaded with post whoring.
That thread has been getting worked on.

dmanns67 said:
The same could be said for BT's mod support thread. Its like a tech whore thread, has good information, but not searchable. Plus we do not get yelled at for the tech talk.

I believe the mods are more worried about the tech talk that pertains to repairs/preventive maintenance on GMTs. I really dont think they care about the mod threads.

Although, we did get yelled at for talking about projector retros in this thread. So who knows what they think.

I guess we will find out in "the near future"
We care about the entire forums, we cannot be everywhere. This is where hitting the report button comes in. As I stated earlier, we have tried to keep the tech talk out of here.

You guys can either help with the solution or you are part of the problem with keeping things in order on the forums.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
dmanns67 said:
So whats the solution?

Your needed in the hidden ice patch thread Larry.
The report was a good start. :smile: I wish it did a better job of notifying me.

CaptainKD said:
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:
Carlton wanted to personally take on the LED mod thread. Maybe talk to him and ask him about your idea. I actually like it.

Oh and just so that you know, there are almost 7000 members with 8 mods and 4 admins.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
djthumper said:
The report was a good start. [emoji2] I wish it did a better job of notifying me.

Carlton wanted to personally take on the LED mod thread. Maybe talk to him and ask him about your idea. I actually like it.

Oh and just so that you know, there are almost 7000 members with 8 mods and 4 admins.
Had no clue we had that many members, but at the same time there is probably less than 100 members who get on daily and actively post.

I report everything I do not like :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Did someone say whore

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
djthumper said:
The report was a good start. :smile: I wish it did a better job of notifying me.

I agree with Larry here...it is a good idea! It would def make it a crapton easier to navigate for specific info like parts numbers and such which we all know is a very common question..hell i think i have asked it myself in about 3 or 4 different ways lmao

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Awake

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Still waiting for a video from the awesome n/a I6.

Reactions: Mounce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online

No members online now.