Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
I don't think he used the individual leds.. He did txt me earlier and asked if they would still light up if he took regular bulbs out.. So I'm assuming that's what he did..

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
I has been debating doing LEDs. Has anyone ever put LEDs in the steering wheel controls?
I've seen it in the early pages of the LED mod thread I thought

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Getting a little bit of snow, gonna be 4x4 time for me, I can only hope. :popcorn:

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
dmanns67 said:
I have replaced all four buttons after the lights burnt out. Biggest PITA. If the wiring was longer it would not have been a big deal. I never want to mess with those again.
I agree for sure! A pick helps for sure but it still took me maybe 5-10 min per switch to get back in.. Lol

Reactions: Denali n DOO

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Midnyteryder196 said:
I agree for sure! A pick helps for sure but it still took me maybe 5-10 min per switch to get back in.. Lol
Getting them out was not bad. I did remove the air bag just in case. I probably spent 15-20 min on each trying to put them back in. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yup

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
dmanns67 said:
I have replaced all four buttons after the lights burnt out. Biggest PITA. If the wiring was longer it would not have been a big deal. I never want to mess with those again.
Yep that job sucked, did my friends in his Sierra and I was hoping they lned up and connect as you push the button back in, not enough slack in the wires. Couple of mine are out but occasionally they come back on :crazy:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Denali n DOO said:
Yep that job sucked, did my friends in his Sierra and I was hoping they lned up and connect as you push the button back in, not enough slack in the wires. Couple of mine are out but occasionally they come back on :crazy:
They lasted 7 years so hopefully I am good. If they burn out again, I will leave them.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Burn

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Bleep bloop

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
You would think all the lighting would have been LEDs to begin with. Save from all of the pain.

I have read other threads on the OS where members said that they went to the stealership and was told they had to buy an entire new steering wheel :blinkhuh: Maybe because no one wants to go through the a$$ pain :undecided:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Bleep bleep boop

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
[emoji52]

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
If they go out again, you might have a literal entry in the crush it thread.

Project moved to front porch, painting has resumed.
Sweet. If they do burn out, LEDs might be the next step. Until then, they will not be touched.
BlazingTrails said:
yes working hard for the money. I can write code and program machines and work hexodecimal math, but I can't play a word game. go figure
:rotfl:
I was just busting your balls, did not think it would turn into such a "big deal". Does not matter to me, its just another non-value added thread.

Reactions: BlazingTrails
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I290

Members Online

No members online now.