Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
[emoji489] [emoji488] [emoji487] [emoji490]

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
mcsteven said:
Hey Aaron - still hurts like hell. Been told they may suggest (my decision) that I have the index finger amputated. I have no movement still in that and my thumb.
Do they still get circulation?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
[emoji489]

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Reactions: BlazingTrails

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
#chickennuggests@BKlounge

Reactions: CaptainKD

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Aarkon said:
Ive always liked that brand if you have ever checked them out they got some good stuff
Will def check them out. The ones I bought today were a Kershaw folding knife and a Smith & Wesson boot knife. The gf bought a Crkt folding one for an early Xmas gift for me.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I have 2 CKRT knives, I like them very much

Reactions: AManders6

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Here's a pic of the full collection as it is now. The knives on the right side are the new ones. I need to see if I can find out what models the smaller Kershaw and Crkt are.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416031780505.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1416031780505.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 17

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Nice! The Kershaw on the top right looks like it may be a Cryo. The CRKT looks to be an M21, great knives! I worked on a CRKT last year around this time that was in baaaaaaad shape, but it came back to life nicely and has been going strong. The lockback/opening action is fun

Reactions: Darkrider_LS

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
AManders6 said:
Nice! The Kershaw on the top right looks like it may be a Cryo. The CRKT looks to be an M21, great knives! I worked on a CRKT last year around this time that was in baaaaaaad shape, but it came back to life nicely and has been going strong. The lockback/opening action is fun
The CRKT is in fact an M21-14SFG. Just found the markings on the blade. The model number on the small Kershaw is 1730SS.

Edit: the CRKT is an M21-14SFG Special Forces Big Dog Deep-Bellied Spear Point Knife with Veff Serrated Blade according to Amazon and the Kershaw is a Stainless Steel "Zing" Safespeed knife.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Sweet! Kershaws are nice reliable knives. I had one that i carried with me everywhere in college, but had it stolen along with my iPod during an intramural bball game. I need to finish a few of my in progress knives so I can add them to the collection.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
AManders6 said:
Sweet! Kershaws are nice reliable knives. I had one that i carried with me everywhere in college, but had it stolen along with my iPod during an intramural bball game. I need to finish a few of my in progress knives so I can add them to the collection.
The knife on the far left in the pic (the silver one with holes in the handle) is a Kershaw Vapor II. It is the knife that started my collection. Funny how the day i bought it i thought "oh i just need a handy lil folding knife for edc..." yea....didn't plan on becoming a collector at that stage! lol

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Its an addiction, but I think a good one lol my first knife was an inexpensive "caterpillar" branded knife. Rocked that thing till I got new knives and have it to my buddy and started his addiction

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
AManders6 said:
Its an addiction, but I think a good one lol my first knife was an inexpensive "caterpillar" branded knife. Rocked that thing till I got new knives and have it to my buddy and started his addiction
When i was at the show today i seen a booth for someone who actually runs knife making classes...believe me im giving some serious thought towards the idea of going to check that booth out better on sunday.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Darkrider_LS said:
When i was at the show today i seen a booth for someone who actually runs knife making classes...believe me im giving some serious thought towards the idea of going to check that booth out better on sunday.
Do it!!!! It a lot of fun, and there are some many different levels to knives that will make you even more addicted lol I jumped into it thinking "hmm I wonder if I can make a knife" and it escalated from there

Reactions: Darkrider_LS

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
AManders6 said:
Do it!!!! It a lot of fun, and there are some many different levels to knives that will make you even more addicted lol I jumped into it thinking "hmm I wonder if I can make a knife" and it escalated from there
I seen the fixed blade you posted in the knife thread and i gotta say i liked it! If i get time on sunday i will def try to get back to the show and talk to them. They are local so as long as i get contact info i can get started down that direction. Believe me if i could learn how to construct something like say my black M48 Bowie knife i would be quite happy!

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Yep! I have made a few. Once I start my brain kicks into overdrive so I inevitably start one and jump to another, then another, and so on. I have about 5 or 6 in progress now.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Darkrider_LS said:
I seen the fixed blade you posted in the knife thread and i gotta say i liked it! If i get time on sunday i will def try to get back to the show and talk to them. They are local so as long as i get contact info i can get started down that direction. Believe me if i could learn how to construct something like say my black M48 Bowie knife i would be quite happy!
I'm designing a grouping of fixations currently to try and put forth a family of knives based off a single template, that would all have slight variations. That way I could machine everything and make each one repeatable. But the ones I've made to this point have all been stock removal by hand or slight electric grinding

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Whore life

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Speaking of sleep...thats where im headed...later whores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rrachal

Members Online