Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Heh I find the conversation about gfs amusing atm....considering the fact I was engaged near the end of high school....that didn't go as planned thanks to a drunk driver...and here i am once again headed down that path.....

But to use your car analogy for a sec....with the original engagement I was the original owner :raspberry:

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
Any whore... What tool do you use to adjust the fog lights? I've looked before but can't find a torx socket.
The adjustment screw is on the backside of the fog light. You have to remove the fog light from the bumper cover to get to the adjustment screw. Mine was just a philips head screw running down the middle of the spring. Tightening the screw puts tension on the spring. Loosen the screw to raise or tighten the screw to lower the angle.

Thats if you are talking about OE fog lights.

Reactions: CaptainKD

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
The adjustment screw is on the backside of the fog light. You have to remove the fog light from the bumper cover to get to the adjustment screw. Mine was just a philips head screw running down the middle of the spring. Tightening the screw puts tension on the spring. Loosen the screw to raise or tighten the screw to lower the angle.

Thats if you are talking about OE fog lights.
Yeah oe fogs, as far as I know, could be an aftermarket brand, my TB was wrecked before I got it and had been repaired. I've had one out before, the other wouldn't budge. Mine have a torx screw on them instead of Philips and idk what kind of socket to use on it since I can't find a torx socket and figured there was a tool for the job. I'm thinking vise grips might come into play.

My bumper has had "access holes" cut into it and doesn't even require them to be removed for adjustment. Idk if it came from the factory like that or not but my fogs hit the ground a few feet in front of the bumper and are virtually useless.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
Yeah oe fogs, as far as I know, could be an aftermarket brand, my TB was wrecked before I got it and had been repaired. I've had one out before, the other wouldn't budge. Mine have a torx screw on them instead of Philips and idk what kind of socket to use on it since I can't find a torx socket and figured there was a tool for the job. I'm thinking vise grips might come into play.

My bumper has had "access holes" cut into it and doesn't even require them to be removed for adjustment. Idk if it came from the factory like that or not but my fogs hit the ground a few feet in front of the bumper and are virtually useless.
Strange. Sounds like the fogs were added as an aftermarket setup. Typically the OE fogs bolt straight to the bumper. Do you have mounting brackets?

My OE fogs and the couple other aftermarket fog lights I have bought all came with a philips adjustment screw. Maybe yours is rusted and looks like a torque :undecided:

I would try some pliers or if you have a dremel you could cut some slots in the screw for a flat head.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
Strange. Sounds like the fogs were added as an aftermarket setup. Typically the OE fogs bolt straight to the bumper. Do you have mounting brackets?

My OE fogs and the couple other aftermarket fog lights I have bought all came with a philips adjustment screw. Maybe yours is rusted and looks like a torque :undecided:

I would try some pliers or if you have a dremel you could cut some slots in the screw for a flat head.
Mine have three bolts coming off of the little adjustment bracket on the housing that go through three corresponding holes in the bumper with nuts holding them in. And no lol, no rust tricking me, they're still painted black and it's definitely a torx style head.

I also thought aftermarket set-up and expected to see the little grille-like thing that the models that don't have fogs have but no, just a hole. Wires looked oe, has oe switch too, also think I've seen the oe b relay in the fuse block as well.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
Mine have three bolts coming off of the little adjustment bracket on the housing that go through three corresponding holes in the bumper with nuts holding them in. And no lol, no rust tricking me, they're still painted black and it's definitely a torx style head.

I also thought aftermarket set-up and expected to see the little grille-like thing that the models that don't have fogs have but no, just a hole. Wires looked oe, has oe switch too, also think I've seen the oe b relay in the fuse block as well.
Interesting. Maybe the design changed between yours and my 07. I need to buy another pair of fogs in the spring, my passenger side fog light is starting to fog. The irony :no:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
:rotfl: the irony is strong in that one.
My bad man, I lied. I just dug out my OE fogs and the adjustment screw looks like it would take a torx type socket.

I have bought three other sets of fogs since then. Guess I forgot what they looked like :duh:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
dmanns67 said:
My bad man, I lied. I just dug out my OE fogs and the adjustment screw looks like it would take a torx type socket.
I have bought three other sets of fogs since then. Guess I forgot what they looked like :duh:

Attachments

• 20141104_011706.jpg
    20141104_011706.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 14

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
THAT'S IT!
Do you have the little access holes in your bumper? If not, this shows what I'm talking about. http://youtu.be/tiXXfzf3Ju0
I see what you are talking about and yes I do. I found it was just easier to take the fog light out to make adjustments. Here's a pic of mine on the passenger side.

Attachments

• 20130417_165939.jpg
    20130417_165939.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 16

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yeah take that.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
:coffee:

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Morning!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Construction going on at our office today. Saws, hammers, and drills on the other side of the wall. Really hope we don't get many calls today as it will be hard to hear :crazy:

Reactions: BlazingTrails
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taz4101

Members Online

No members online now.