FEEDBACK No 6.5 turbo diesel option

bluemister2

Original poster
Aug 15, 2023
Catawba, sc
When I went to sign up and inputting my vehicle, for the engine, I did not have the option for the 6.5 turbo diesel. Why is that?
#SP -13D - GRAY CUSTOM CLOTH TRIM
13I - GRAY INTERIOR TRIM1SB - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP 1SB CONSISTS OF SAVINGS W/ MINIMUM PURCHASE OF: * SILVERADO DECOR INCLUDES: * AIR CONDITIONING * DUAL ELECTRIC MIRRORS * ELECTRONIC AM/FM STEREO RADIO W/SEEK-SCAN, STEREO CASSETTE AND DIGITAL CLOCK * CHROME REAR STEP BUMPER * BODY SIDE MOLDINGS * COMFORTILT STEERING AND ELECTRONIC CRUISE CONTROL * POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS * LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL * COLOR KEYED FLOOR MATS
1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS6GK - FRONT SPRING SELECTOR LH
7GK - FRONT SPRING SELECTOR RH96U - QUICKSILVER / ATLANTIC BLUE
A20 - SWING OUT QUARTER WINDOWSA31 - POWER WINDOWS
A95 - HIGH BACK RECLINING BUCKET SEATS WITH FLOOR CONSOLEAG9 - SIX-WAY POWER SEAT
AJ1 - DEEP TINTED GLASSAM7 - FOLDING REAR SEAT
AU0 - REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRYAU3 - POWER DOOR LOCK SYSTEM
B85 - BRIGHT BODY SIDE MOLDINGSBG9 - RUBBER COVERING-FULL FLOOR
BZY - BEDLINERC49 - ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
C60 - AIR CONDITIONINGC6P - 8600 LB GVW RATING
D48 - DUAL ELECT REMOTE CONT MIRRORSD55 - CONSOLE
DD7 - ELECTROCHROMIC ISRV MIRROR/COMPE63 - FLEETSIDE BODY
FE9 - FEDERAL/NEW YORK/MASSACHUSETTS EMISSIONSFK2 - TORSION BAR SPRING ADJUSTMENT
FK3 - TORSION BAR SPRING ADJUSTMENTGMC - ASSEMBLY PLANT-GM TRUCK & COACH
GT4 - REAR AXLE - 3.73 RATIOJD7 - HYD POWER DISC/DRUM BRAKES
K34 - ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLK60 - 100 AMP DELCOTRON GENERATOR
L65 - 6.5 LITER TURBO DIESEL ENGINE ALSO INCLUDES: * TWIN DELCO FREEDOM BATTERIES * 5 YEAR/100,000 MILE ENGINE LIMITED WARRANTY (SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS) * ENGINE BLOCK HEATERMW3 - HD 5-SPD MAN TRANS W/OVERDRIVE AND DEEP LOW
N33 - COMFORTILT STEERING WHEELNA5 - STANDARD EMISSION SYSTEM
NP5 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEELNZZ - OFF ROAD SKID PLATE
P06 - WHEEL TRIM RINGSR9V - TRACKING-MATERIAL SHORTAGES
R9Z - POMS AUTO SEQUENCESLL - SOLD ORDERS
TFD - RETAIL AMENITY DELETEUM6 - AM/FM STEREO W/CASSETTE & CLOCK
UQ5 - EXT RANGE SOUND FRT & RR SPKRSV22 - DELUXE FRONT APPEARANCE
V27 - FRONT BLACK BUMPER GUARDSV73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA
VB3 - CHROMED REAR STEP BUMPER WITH RUB STRIPVG3 - FRONT DELUXE CHROMED BUMPER WITH RUB STRIP
VR4 - WEIGHT DISTRIB. PLATFORM HITCHVXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL
X88 - CHEVROLET CONVERSIONXGK - LT245/75R 16E OOR BW FRT TIRES
YD3 - BASE EQUIP FOR SCH GVW PL-FT AXYD6 - BASE REAR SPRING
YE9 - SILVERADOYGK - LT245/75R 16E OOR BW REAR TIRES
Z82 - HEAVY DUTY TRAILERING EQUIPMENTZGK - LT245/75R 16E OOR BW SPARE TIRE
ZQ3 - TILT STEERING AND SPEED CONTROLZY1 - SOLID PAINT

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The database the forum uses is incomplete. It also doesn't have the 3.0L I6 turbo diesel in my 2021 Sierra or the Elevation trim. Not super important, you can add it in the performance/mods free text box.

Reactions: bluemister2

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Yes, we know the GM 6.5L turbodiesel exists. Some background...

This site was originally created as an escape from a GMT3xx -specific site that had become commercialized / monetized, and was taken over / run, not by owners / enthusiasts, but by a corporate entity.

As such, when this site was created, +99% of the members owned Trailblazers and Envoys, along with the odd Isuzu / Buick / Olds sister trucks. For our platform, there were only three engine choices. So the engine selection box wasn't populated with every single GM truck engine that existed.

Later on, subforums were added for full-size pickups, etc., as more members joined.
You happen to be the first with the 6.5 TD on the site. That's why your engine doesn't exist in the pick box / dropdown menu. Admittedly, there aren't that many left in the wild, compared to the 6.6 Duramax, which replaced it.

While we're seriously glad to have you here :grouphug:, if you're in need of L65-specific content, there are other sites that cater more to full-size pickups, along with their diesel-optioned models. Most cater to the various DMax flavors, just due to sales volume over the years.

As for me, I'm just a member, not a mod or site owner. But I do also own a GMT800-vintage truck, as do a couple of others here. A few people own earlier / later versions. A couple have Duramax engines. So you're not 'alone', here :yikes: But most of the new 'daily' content here is relative to the GMT360 / 370 / 355 platform, tbh.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
If you lay it out in an easily understandable format for me, I’ll add engines, trims, colors, and so on, but I would have to depend on the community to verify my work. PM me with whatcha got.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, there is the new 3.0L Duramax turbo diesel. I don't see a choice for trims in the drop downs and I don't think we need to add those.

There's also the new 2.7L I4 Turbo.

I think there are enough colours to cover almost everything.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YSB

Members Online