New to me Envoy.

Horsehaulin

Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Indiana
After 247K of faithful service, our 2001 Suburban's transmission gave up. Two wheel bearings, 1 waterpump, fuel pump, 1 starter and a set of u joints, that's all the non normal maintenance the truck needed. Was just getting ready to install its third set of brakes, but that's no longer a need, LOL!

We went with a replacement that I hope will be as faithful, a 2006 Envoy XL Denali. We really like it and so do our hers, mine and ours family of eight kids. Thankfully two drive, so the rest fit, haha. We like it so much that we've decided to sell my 2500HD Duramax and use that money on a 2008 TB SS. I'm going to miss sweet running 540RWHP daily driver, but I don't have the time a hard running diesel deserves.

So, a proud new owner of a Envoy, soon to be proud owner of a TB SS. I'm also a former admin at dieselplace, so some of you guys may recognize the name. Hope to get some help, be of some help and maybe visit a few events.

Reactions: dmanns67

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:tiphat: Welcome to the family!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the fray!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome! Sounds like you will fit in

Horsehaulin

Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Indiana
I'm a little off my gasser performance game, but I still have three licenses on my EFI Live and need to learn how to program these two engines, want a performance and mileage tune for each. We travel from northern IN to Pawleys Island, SC every summer, so a decent mileage tune will be good for those long hauls.

And if you mods and admins need any help, hit me up.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
We got several active IN members and a decent crowd in Chicago area as well.

Horsehaulin

Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Indiana
Sweet, I'm not planning on going wild with the at TB SS, but I want a little more than 400HP at the tires. As for the Envoy, it just has to be able to pull our boat and it's within the weight rating, now to pull a few more ponies for hills.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Two fine GMTs you have decided to go with. Is there a 2008 TBSS that you have already been looking at? Going for the 1SS or 3SS?

Welcome to the Nation :tiphat:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You really went all in. Welcome!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation!

Horsehaulin

Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Indiana
I know I'm looking for a AWD with all the options. Still learning about these, been in the HD trucks for a long time. Built my Duramax to 540RWHP, now I want to make a great daily driver out of a TB SS.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online