NEED HELP Need help figuring out if i'm being screwed by this shop!

RobRev6

Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
Roanoke, Virginia
Hey guys, I have a 2006 TB Ext in Roanoke VA. I needed a new transmission and got one on ebay through a shop in Richmond, VA called broad street performance center. They had an option of adding a torque converter for $150 so i decided I might as well throw it in the bundle. Drove up to richmond the other day, picked it all up in a friend's pickup, and dropped it off at my certified shop in roanoke called Transmissions America. Had them install the new transmission and converter for $500. So here's where it gets interesting... I get a call from my mechanic who tells me they got it all put together, but the torque converter I bought is broken and they don't recommend driving it anywhere in order to not trash the transmission. The TB is still sitting in their lot. So i called BSPC in richmond and let them know what my mechanic told me. They have offered to replace the converter if i bring it back, but won't help at all with the labor of removing the broken one they sold me. Am I just out of the money it ends up costing me to remove the converter, bring it to richmond, drive back, and get the shop to install the new one? I have a feeling it isn't going to be cheap :badday: Anybody have any suggestions for what to do in this situation? The converter in question is made by Consolidated Vehicle Converters if that helps at all. Thanks for any help, Rob

Jul 24, 2012
Bummer. When I was in construction sales I advised people to get everything in one place (mine) so that if there were any warranty issues they only had to go to one place to deal with it.

If you trust the transmission shop, well, do what you gotta do.

If you don't trust the transmission shop, drive it away and see how you do ... at the risk of a rebuild.

You are probably out the money, sorry to say.

Reactions: RobRev6

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@6716 is right. If you would of went the route of the tranny place you had brought the tb to they cover everything. SInce you did bring them the parts it's totally out of there hand labor time aswell.

Good luck I hope you get it back on the road sooner then later.

Reactions: RobRev6

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online