More PIDs for Torque App

OP
OP
T

TJBaker57

I have found the following to be INCORRECT.

Having gathered more data logs and observations I believe PID 1120 Bit 0 to be related to fuel status, as are other bits of PID 1120, but not a true indicator of Loop status as it does not follow true with pid 0103 which is defined as the standard for Fuel Status in SAE Standard J1979.

Name = Loop Status
PID = 221120
Scale = x1
Units =
Equation = Lookup(Bit(A:0)::0='Open':1='Closed')
Header = Auto

OP
OP
T

TJBaker57

A little more on that Loop Status PID...

I did a couple test drives with the Tech2. Also checked and verified that the Tech2 does not load the fuel status "standard pid" of 0103 at all. So it is using something else, maybe the bit I am questioning. What I discovered yesterday is that the Tech2 reports closed loop operation even when in power enrichment or full decel with injector shutoff! This is the same behaviour my previously reported PID with Lookup(Bit) does. The standard fuel status pid of 0103 (that's what Torque displays as fuel status) indicates open loop at these times.

Anyone have ideas why this would be this way??

I plan to have another look at the data I recorded to check Fuel Trim Cell and Fuel Trim Index at the time of power enrichment and decel with injector cutoff to see if there are clues there.

Screenshot_20190911-204927.pngScreenshot_20190911-204624.png

Edit: just found this...

So others have seen this also.

Last edited:

Mektek

the error is "pid is too long, can be 3 bytes (6hex characters only) but it only appears after I click OK.
So when I enter 22114401 and OK in the obd2 mode line that is the message that pops up.
Without the 01 appended it works fine.
I have an 02 like you. The torque scan and track recorder add on installed.
One thing I'm thinking is that I have the "faster communication" option ticked in the adapter settings. Maybe that sends the 01 automatically?

OP
OP
T

TJBaker57

Been quiet here for a while...

I've been noodling about getting PIDs from modules that don't support the service that Torque uses for calling up PIDs. Modules like the TCCM (node 1A) and the HVAC (node 98). At least in 2002 these modules do not support service 22 requests so Torque can not access these PIDs.

I also got sort of mired down with just too many PIDs, bits, equations, spreadsheets, and so on that I needed a break and a regrouping. Still working on that..

But here is something that came up in another thread.....Crank Request. It is another bitmapped value of PID 1131 where I also found one of several 'Park/Neutral' indicators. When the key is turned to the start position I observe 4 bits from the return byte of this PID go high, #0,#1,#3,#4. If I shift to a drive gear and turn to start position only bit 4 goes high. I believe this to be the signal voltage from the ignition switch through the crank fuse to the PCM and further look at this as 'Crank Request' input to the PCM. That's my current (no pun intended) theory at least.

Name = ~Crank Request
PID= 221131
Scale= x1
Units =
Equation =Lookup(Bit(A:4)::0='OFF':1='CRANK_REQ')
Header = Auto

In .csv format:
"~Crank Request (1131 bit 4)","Crank_Req","0x221131","Lookup(Bit(A:4)::0='OFF':1='CRANK_REQ')",0,1,"","Auto","","1",1

MRRSM

Lifetime VIP Supporter
FWIW...

Without knowing whether or not PID Developments will help with creating Bi-Directional Tests (Such as Speedometer Sweeps and Dash Panel Lights) ...or if it can even can be achieved using the Torque APP... The Linked Video below and the related Screen Still Shots and Diagrams demonstrate how to Make and Wire up a Simple OBD2 Connector Harness to work in conjunction with any Blue Tooth ODB2 Scanner.

For
those WITH Bi-Directional Testing capabilities... This will work for the purposes of Pulling, Repairing and then Bench Testing the IPCs (Instrument Panel Cluster)s for GM and GMC Trucks and SUVs WITHOUT having to run back and forth to the Vehicle(s) and Test the Repairs and Functionality:

IPCLUSTERLAYOUT1.jpgIPCLUSTERLAYOUT2.jpgIPCLUSTERLAYOUT3.jpgIPCLUSTERLAYOUT4.jpgIPCLUSTERLAYOUT5.jpgIPCLUSTERLAYOUT6.jpgIPCLUSTERLAYOUT7.jpgIPCLUSTERLAYOUT8.jpgIPCLUSTERLAYOUT9.jpgIPCLUSTERLAYOUT10.jpg

OP
OP
T

TJBaker57

So in another recent thread here the possibility of a bad steering wheel position sensor was mentioned. My 02 TrailBlazer has no stabilitrak or such and thus has no steering sensor that I know of but my 05 Yukon does. I isolated this PID for the sensor.

Can someone try this out on a TrailBlazer to see if it is the same as my Yukon?

Name = Steering Wheel Sensor
PID = 222121
Scale = x1
Units = Volts
Header = Auto
Equation = A/255 * 5

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads