FOR SALE Monte Carlo with a 5.3 ......HUH?

Torque steer was really bad on those from what I understand.

Reprise

Gold Supporter
Spark plugs (I can't tell if it has an engine cradle, like the G-bodies had with the 3800 back in the day.)

x3 on the TS

Same platform as the Impala SS. That engine is a little different than the RWD/trucks where the crank is shortened to squeeze in there. Still would rather have a RWD.

Use the right tires and it doesn't matter that much. I kinda prefer RWD in snow.

OP
OP
northcreek

northcreek

Apparently you guys have never driven in a Buffalo winter, the only way RWD is better than FWD is with chains...:tiphat:

Dr.Fiero

I've been trying for years to find an '09 Impala SS with a blown transmission.
Simply because I *have one* that got pulled from a project car - that was built to withstand something like 1200HP in a drag car, and only has about 100 miles if that on it!

I would never want to own one. A v8 front wheel drive is a waste to me. I dont like fwd much anyway, but piling hp thru my steering tires is silly to me. I actually had the fwd impala and went back to a rwd for a DD even with winters and snow. Had no issues this morning with the snow.

OP
OP
northcreek

northcreek

I would never want to own one. A v8 front wheel drive is a waste to me. I dont like fwd much anyway, but piling hp thru my steering tires is silly to me. I actually had the fwd impala and went back to a rwd for a DD even with winters and snow. Had no issues this morning with the snow.
I'm intrigued by a V8 fwd but, an awd V8 would be my choice. The torque steer in my wife's awd V6 Equinox is noticeable when you get on it so maybe a squirrelly ass rwd really is better. :2thumbsup:

Imagine the 70's Cadillac Eldorado with the 500 CID 8.2L and front wheel drive! Although I have never driven one of these behemoths, it must have been squirrely driving those!

Capote

Platinum Supporter
Never saw the excitement about these, I'd rather have that 5.3 putting some work into some rear wheel burnouts lol.

Imagine the 70's Cadillac Eldorado with the 500 CID 8.2L and front wheel drive! Although I have never driven one of these behemoths, it must have been squirrely driving those!
I had a '76 Olds Toronado, basically the same car. I only had a 455(7.5L), but it wasn't squirrelly when you romped on it. Loved locking up the parking brake and burn the front tires off!

Currently have a '02 Cadillac Seville STS with the 4.6 Northstar V8. It is also FWD and handles power pretty well..... provided the T/C is on.

brianlibby791

I looked at the Grand Prix gtp 1997-2004 body style with the supercharged 3800 v6 (Guy I knew had one that flied), same with the Monte Carlo as of that era with the supercharged 3800. These 5.3s briefly as well, only being a fwd though, they do hook up pretty good. My cousin even has a supercharged ss monte and it hooks pretty good. I’m not gonna bash fwd because hey, they keep traction.

But I will say, I do like my burnouts...