Kalkhoven is here

Kalkhoven

Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
Ontario
Hey guys, I'm new to the gmt, just picked my first one up back in October, then got another one in jan. Envoys xl is the family vehical as I have a one year old (reason I bought it) and I traded a sunfire for my trailblazer. Both 2003. Envoys 4x4 tb is 2wd. Tb needs work and is just chilling in my garage atm. Envoy is DD. Added my self to the map, wow do I ever feel far up here in Southampton. Figured there would be more in ontario. Just finished some leds mods which I'll update on the led forum and I'll keep everyone updated on the tb when i start getting hands dirty in her, she needs ball joints, brakes, front clip, cat, and dash board re installed.

Reactions: Mooseman and Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Kalkhoven said:
Hey guys, I'm new to the gmt, just picked my first one up back in October, then got another one in jan. Envoys xl is the family vehical as I have a one year old (reason I bought it) and I traded a sunfire for my trailblazer. Both 2003. Envoys 4x4 tb is 2wd. Tb needs work and is just chilling in my garage atm. Envoy is DD. Added my self to the map, wow do I ever feel far up here in Southampton. Figured there would be more in ontario. Just finished some leds mods which I'll update on the led forum and I'll keep everyone updated on the tb when i start getting hands dirty in her, she needs ball joints, brakes, front clip, cat, and dash board re installed.
Welcome to GMTNation! :tiphat:

Reactions: Kalkhoven

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome from a fellow canuck!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Kalkhoven said:
Welcome to GMTNation! If it wasn't for the rain last Tuesday I would have been at the Keady Market, I'm sure you know where that is.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the forum

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Welcome to the nation from Colorado!!

Kalkhoven

Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
Ontario
Hey, thanks everyone for the welcomes! Cool to see a few of you around the area some what. Well I worked on the envoy a bit tonight. I opened the driver winow controls and cut the rubber pad area out around the led. it did brighten it up a bit but still not bright enough IMO. Anyone tried strips in there? I also coverted the 4wd switch, rear wiper switch, headlight switch and the passenger wiper controls. Headlight switch was by far I think the hardest one outta them all. What a PITA the get that back together with the interior light botton switching properly. 5 bulbs in the headlight switch. 3 in driver window with Heated seats,. 1 passenger window, 3 wiper switch and 8 in the 4x4 switch. Starting to get fast at these lolimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg the passenger side u can hardly see tried the "pink" leds on that side but they are almost a purple and not very bright. Put a white led in the 4 high just cause winter mode haha I only have the three roof buttons, the rear view mirror and the rear passenger controls to go. I also still need to get to the junk yard for the stereo, Hvac and one steering wheel control button.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL

Kalkhoven

Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
Ontario
Thanks for the info Garth, I did realize how to remove them when I took it apart to covert to the blue leds. I'm just going to get a another faceplate with buttons from the junk yard tho, don't see any need to spend almost 100 bucks on a stock deck when I can go to the JY and get a set for nothing. I was just out there about a month ago and I saw 2-3 good sets of buttons for the Bose 6 disc.

Reactions: Mounce

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You should post in the tech section for anything technical. There is a thread specifically for LEDs. Probably get more info and responses.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online