Installed new Android Stereo thoughts.

Mirror

Every wiring diagram says the four outer corners aren't used. Then what are these 4? Green and black with white strip then two solid orange.

Also, which wires are what? I'm starting to think that green wire is for one of the speakers.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mirror

The only wires I'm not sure about are the three on the top right. orange - serial data, purple/white - fm sig and gray - enable sig.
Nothing on the wire harness i got from walmart uses these 3 wires.
Also there is no reverse, ignition or dimmer wires from the vehicle side harness (picture)
Also where would the steering wheeling controls harness be?

I wired up everything to the walmart harness (speakers, yellow constant and ground). Plugged it into vehicle and then into radio. the buttons blinked once but the stereo would not power on (possible due to the lack of power wire)

Mirror

My Eonon came with the appropriate interface module. Want to talk cheap though, it is cheaper than the GMOS ones (but so far seems to work fine). That may be because I got a "direct fit" unit that was 95% just plug-n-play without any adapter brackets or anything. Not sure if they include that adapter stuff with the more "generic" units or not.

If you need an adapter, I do have my old GMOS left over from my TB I'd sell really cheap as I have no use of it. Never had a problem with it except when my original TCCM died spewing garbage on the data bus and would confuse it lol.
Which eonon did you get and what does your adapter look like?

Don't expect much from the Walmart adapter. What brand was it? I'll bet it was a Scosche. They are pretty cheap and minimalist. I used that because I didn't have Bose and needed it now. For the reverse, I used the power wire from the camera connected at the backup light in the back. It's supposed to be used to supply power to the camera from under the dash but I used it to activate the HU.

Mirror

Ok, got the stereo to turn on. speaker wires have power at the harness but no audio output. Volume is up and mute is off. Any ideas?

You said you don't have Bose right?

I used the reverse light power to turn on the reverse screen on the HU.

Mirror

Oh you mean the reverse cam.
Yes i dont have bose.
But i still cant figure out why i have no audio. Every speaker wire has power (used a ground/power tester light)

Mirror

I just realized, i have the grey power antenna line, but no power antenna.
Also anyone know what the second orange wire is under the constant wire? I test it and my testing light illuminates, but dimmly and doesnt constantly stay on unless i move the needle on the tester around on that wire

Mirror

so i found out the second orange wire is a data wire, not to be used.
But if I have no power antenna wire, is this the wire i need to hook the amp wire from the deck to, to possibly get audio?

Mirror

i decided to take the power antenna line from the head unit (which has power when the unit is on) and connect it to the power antenna wire on the factory harness. As soon as I connect it, my power tester says there is no power and it doesn't spark so it's not grounding it's self.

Hooking up that wire won't do anything.

did you check the HU's settings so that it will output sound? Might be set to use just the RCA outputs to an amp or something.

Mirror

Ya found that out. I checked all the settings including unlocking the factory settings. Nothing to switch from wired to rca. I even tried the rca hookuos with one speaker and got nothing.

The RCA would be pre-amp output so you would have gotten very low to no output, certainly not enough to operate speakers. Maybe try to connect some headphones to the RCA to see if anything is coming out of them. You might have a defective HU.

Mirror

The rca's on this have sub, and 4 speakers output.

They sent me an update but still didnt work. So they are working with the techs to figure this out.

Mirror

Well sent the unit back and paid the difference for the newest model. Hooked it up direct to battery and used a stand alone speaker, this ine works.
Hooked it up to the pacrp5-gm11 canbus and everything works. Now just have to wire in the backup cam, remove all wires i'm not using from the stereos harness and modify the dash shroud to fit the stereo.

So was it a direct plug in without an adapter harness? Looks like a direct bolt in and has its own harness. How does the install look like? Did you need any trimming? Pics?

Mirror

No i had to modify the harness. Pulled the pins out of the plugs i needed and soldiered them to the pac harness. Still need to clean up the harness that came with the stereo by removing any wires not in use.

Rught now it being held in by two screws. Gotta do sone trimming and custim workbto make it fit properly. I dont have the dash bezel on right now.

Looks exactly like the one in my Silverado, though newer so it probably runs better. I do like how the older ones like mine don't have the branding on them so it looks factory in my truck.

Mirror

Yep thats why i have to do some custom trimming to make it sit more flush. I know i have to do a little trimming on the bezel for the knobs

mntegra01

Dang nice work. I just put new bulbs in my original OE stereo. Wish I had considered that before all the dash work I have done lately. I did a compustar remote start/alarm install recently. Haha I bought a BT adapter from Amazon to play music from my phone on 87.7 FM, this is 2018. Im living in 2009 :dunce:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trailman
Top Bottom