FEEDBACK How to "PHIX" Your "PHOTOBUCKET"

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
It makes sense to test the links you use for remote images and video storage from time to time and with the problems I am having of neither being able to sign on easily, enter or update my posts with either text and/or additional imagery attachments, so I thought, well... the next best thing would be to create specific sub-albums dealing with specific topics on my Photobucket and link them in the body of the texts. Doing this at the very least, our Members would have the chance to see what "all the words" I am using relate to the visual subjects at hand. And so this worked out quite nicely for me, knowing that Photobucket allows for storing up to 2,500 images per album...and provides the ability to create and add images in up to 200 sub-albums.

Cool Beenz... Or so I thought ...until earlier this morning when I clicked on the Photobucket links and some of them showed up as "no such album..." etc. Well... this was not a great problem to repair because I back up all of my work on 2 or 3 of my Old Dell Precision 7500 Servers I have sitting around for the purpose. But it did give me pause and raise the ugly specter of possibly being hacked. In any case... since I wanted to keep my Original Sub-Album Naming Conventions; such as 'GM42LTHERMOSTAT' for example... I proceeded to visit and sign in on my Photobucket Account and refresh the old links with some new identical sub-albums.

Lo and Behold... as soon as I re-created the exact same names taken from the links for the missing Trailblazer sub-albums... the missing images from those unique sub-albums Magically Re-Populated themselves. Beyond saving me the work of re-building and cross-connecting the images to the texts again... the Original Links to each post Magically began working again. The only thing I can figure out that must have happened is that the Index List on my Photobucket must have become corrupted... and by simply re-creating their names exactly, the prior stored images re-associated and reappeared correctly... one sub-album at a time. Cool Beenz...

So if you use Photobucket to convey your imagery either here or elsewhere... you might want to test some of the links out from your postings and see whether or not mine is the only Photobucket Account used for GMT Nation that has encountered this distracting... but easily solved problem, ;>)

Reactions: Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have not seen any problems with any of the 4 photobucket accounts i keep. Will keep this in mind though.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I hate PB. They are the biggest source of missing pics throughout forums everywhere, including here. Good articles turn to junk because of it. That's why I upload them directly. Just have to know how to reduce them to make the forum software happy.

Moved thread to more appropriate section.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I would prefer the direct method as well... and I use a Linux App called Converseen to compatibly bulk shrink all of my high definition images. The problem I have encountered though is that I keep getting messages during original postings and edits that repeat the message:

"The Server Responded with an Error... The Problem is in the Java Script Console"

These events either completely prevent my entries from going through and kick me out to the Main Page ... or .... after three or four re-loads... the postings will finally go through. I have only been using the links to the new, discreet sub-albums on my Photobucket as a practical means to supplement my text data with the supporting imagery that is indispensable to the story. I have learned to be patient... and in the case of this very message ... it will be appear on screen only because I have tried three times to get the post through.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online