Good stories about getting pulled over

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Honestly he can can go 80 or 90 or whatever over the speed limit and as long as he's clear he should be good for the most part, but even when your on the speed limit your kids are in the same danger as if he's speed. Ever thought hey maybe someone speeding hits him? or a drunk driver hits him? But he was going the speed limit and the kids should be safe as ever as long as he's not speeding. Yes not the smartest idea to speed with kids in the car and increase the risk of there safety and I know I won't If I do but just saying, the second you put a kid in the car they are in danger no matter speeding or not. No reason to hit him for that and make him seem like a bad father.

Im sure everyone on here has gunned it some point in there lives

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Huh...

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
guiltyimnot said:
My most memorable/irritating...

I was just paying more attention to trying to see when it was safe to move back over...

...I just wasn't paying attention while trying to avoid sideswiping someone.
It just sounds to me like you're blaming the trooper here. I still don't understand why you felt it was necessary to pass a line of cars going 5-10 under the limit when you are close to your exit. Just a few more seconds on patients would have avoided the encounter. Let's say you were one mile from your exit. If you had stayed in the traffic going 55 MPH (10 below the limit), you would have lost a whopping 10 seconds. :undecided:

ItsOnVoy said:
No reason to hit him for that and make him seem like a bad father.
I'm not. In his own words, he believes he got the ticket due to his brother's gift in the back. (the one that hindered his vision) I was simply pointing out that there was likely to be another reason.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Im just saying that your in danger no matter what in a car, speeding or not

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Im just saying that you're in danger no matter what in a car, speeding or not

I agree. It is a necessary evil. I just found what you wrote extremely difficult to understand and rather confusing.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
If that were here, and IF there was an accident doing a move like that and speeding, the police officer would probably charge the driver with careless driving as well, and if the kids were in the truck and were hurt in ANY way at all they would probably charge the driver for putting the kids lives in danger. Our police come down hard if you do dumb stuff with kids in the car, and that's a good thing :thumbsup:... I've even seen baby seats and lil kids sitting in front of active air bags, and an airbag can do alot of damage to a little body...ya gotta drive responsible with kids in the truck.

A lil of your topic but I'm just saying...

guiltyimnot

Mar 25, 2012
I'm not blaming the trooper at all. Just thought he could have at least let me explain. Someone driving 10 under on a bright clear day on a highway is a traffic hazard. I didn't want to add to the hazard by being the rear car and end up getting hit. I thought I had plenty of time to get around. I couldn't tell how long the line was until I actually got over and started accelerating. That's when I realized there were more cars than I thought. I turned on my blinker to try to get get back in but with that many cars going slow no one was going to let me in and I wasn't going to force my way in. So the next logical step was to try to get ahead of the line. Which I did at what I still say was less than 80 mph. I'm sorry my story caused so many reactions. I think I was just trying to make it more interesting when really it was just bad luck.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
I'm not. In his own words, he believes he got the ticket due to his brother's gift in the back. (the one that hindered his vision) I was simply pointing out that there was likely to be another reason.

oh okay got it, must have misread that part then

HARDTRAILZ said:
I agree. It is a necessary evil. I just found what you wrote extremely difficult to understand and rather confusing.

My bad didn't mean to make it confusing lol

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I've always felt that this type of thread has inherent problems. There will always be extreme views on both sides. (kind of like political and religious threads)
I'm not here to judge the actions of other members. I'm not a perfect driver, and have been pulled over and ticketed before. However, you won't find me posting the details of my indiscretions here. I have knowingly exceeded the speed limit, been caught, cited, paid and moved on. I was fully aware that I what I was doing was illegal, but chose to take the risk. When I've been cited, I didn't blame the trooper/deputy/officer giving me the ticket. It's my fault.

I've always felt that people should take responsibility for their actions. When I read a thread like this, most of the posts seem to be putting the blame on someone else. And even when they're not, the poster is still opening themselves up to criticism.

As I stated, I'm not here to judge anyone. I will only try to get people to look at things from a different perspective. :twocents:

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Not really funny but I get pulled over every time I drive. And the cops always ask if I'm old enough to drive. I'm twenty lol!

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
I got pulled over for being pulled over.

This was in Iowa, and I was at the time driving an '88 Dodge Ram. For those familiar with the "nose" area of Iowa, I had just used the cloverleaf in DeWitt to transfer from Highway 30/11th Street, to Highway 61 Northbound, at about 5-6 a.m. after spending the whole night driving around everywhere (and this was after working, too). It was still dark, since it was still winter-time. About 100 feet after coming off the cloverleaf on-ramp, I had pulled over for a moment for something, I don't remember what, with my cousin and his girlfriend in tow with me. I was clearly off the road a safe distance, and had pulled over for something trivial (I think my cousin had to pee? I don't remember).

I'm about to click the truck back into Drive when I see the flashes in the rearview, so I keep it in Park and shut everything off, and roll down my window. Officer comes up, asks the usual paperwork, I open my glove box and retrieve the necessary items along with my license and give it to him. I'm waiting a solid 8-10 minutes to have the guy come back from running my information. At some point, a backup officer rolls up behind the first one (three people in my vehicle, makes sense so whatever). My cousin and his GF had also given ID since we were out under what DeWitt considers curfew (none of us are even from there, whatever).

The officer comes back up and gives me my stuff back, then starts with the questioning.

"So what are you guys doing out here?"
"Just spent the night driving around because there's nothing to do."
"I see. Well we had a report of a vehicle in a ditch around here, you know anything about it?"
"No, I haven't seen anything. I just got on the highway and it certainly wasn't me."
The other officer is listening in from the passenger-side window, and checking things out. He then speaks up.
"Oh? Then what is this dent here?"
The dent is from an incident on a bridge that was curved, which had black ice on it, a while previous. I hit the side at maybe 5-6 MPH so it just bowed the front wheel well out a bit, no major damage to my truck and none to the bridge so I never reported it or sent a claim in.
"That's from an accident a while back."
First cop: "Oh, I see. This is 4-wheel drive isn't it?"
"No sir, that's the Power Ram. This one is badged D100, the D-series of 4x2. You can double-check anything if you like."
"No that's okay, I see it's 2-wheel. Okay, so I doubt this thing would get out of the ditch."
"Yeah, these tires aren't the best let alone with all this snow."
The second officer is now shining his flashlight in through the window. I had left my glove box open and he's giving it a good long scoping. If they can see something illicit from outside the vehicle, that's probable cause to do a full search, but I have nothing so they found nothing.
"What's with your eyes? They're all bloodshot."
"I've been up all night after working, with the heat going, driving around like I told you."
"Well it looks to me like you're high. You haven't been, you know...?"
"No, I'm not into that."
"All three of you look like that though. Do you smoke any marijuana or anything?"
"Sir, I lost my dad to drugs when I was 3 years old. The only memories I have are photos in an album. Do I sound like the kind of person who would think drugs are good?"
"Oh... well, you guys have a good evening."

They then both took off. And thus concludes my story of how I was pulled over for literally being pulled over. Just like a scene from Super Troopers, almost. :confused:

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Iowa cops are mostly fools lol they like to act smart and tell you about ur vehicle untill you prove them wrong for example: I had a 90's truck with nothing but shorty headers and side pipes coming straight out behind the front tires and I got pulled over and the first thing he said was it sounded like a muffler leak I said ya must be as he was standing next to it feeling proud and I was laughing so hard inside but I just said its my first vehicle and I bought it like this ill get it checked out and he gave just a verbal warning and that was one of the loudest trucks id ever had after my 86 c10

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Aarkon said:
Iowa cops are all idiots trust me lol they like to act smart and tell you about ur vehicle untill you prove them wrong for example: I had a 90's truck with nothing but shorty headers and side pipes coming straight out behind the front tires and I got pulled over and the first thing he said was it sounded like a muffler leak I said ya must be as he was standing next to it feeling proud and I was laughing so hard inside but I just said its my first vehicle and I bought it like this ill get it checked out and he gave just a verbal warning and that was one of the loudest trucks id ever had after my 86 c10

What I don't get is loud motorcycles and trucks get a complete pass. I saw an early 90s Ford where they completely cut the cat and muffler and straight-piped it, it was obvious because they routed the pipes toward the outboard side instead of in the stock position where it's hard to see. Pretty sure removing the cat is a federal offense, correct me if I'm wrong on that. I had a 2-liter Honda with bad exhaust (as in cat fell off, and I did some SERIOUS rigging to get it semi-in place) and I got pulled over twice over it. Is it because my exhaust wasn't designed to be like that, but glass packs on a big Chevy are? Because total, noise-wise, V8s with glass packs were a LOT louder than my Honda ever was.

You should be grateful that Iowa still didn't do vehicle inspection last I remember. WV inspection isn't even that bad, but it's annoying. The entire DMV process here is annoying.

Iowa:
-Get a car.
-Go to local courthouse, present title or lienholder paperwork, get temporary tag (or actual tag sometimes)
-To keep up on road legality, go to courthouse, pay your dues, get a sticker.

West Virginia:
-Get a car.
-Go to a regional DMV. Sometimes this can be up to an hour drive away.
-Take a number, wait in line.
-Get temporary tag (or sometimes actual, usually it's a temp).
-Get insurance
-Go to a shop that does inspections, many times you'll need to make an appointment
-Goes over your stuff, checks registration and insurance, takes mileage, looks at certain aspects of the car (mainly safety-related)
-Will fail you if your driver's door window doesn't roll down, etc. Don't see how this applies in modern scenarios, if you're in a lake and your door won't open a power window likely wouldn't anyway.

To keep up on road legality in WV:
-Go to inspection station shop, by the end of the month indicated on your current inspection sticker. Repeat process above.
-Go to courthouse
-Taxes on cars run a year behind, so if you don't owe personal-property tax yet visit the tax office for an affidavit
-Go over to the sheriff's department (in my courthouse at least)
-Pay registration fee
-Pay separate tax fee (as compared to just rolling it all together to give you a registration total). Or if you have an affidavit, present it.
-License tag registration runs out at the BEGINNING of the month indicated on your tag number, as compared to the inspection which runs out at the END.
-Must also present proof of insurance for registering, even though inspection also checks it. Really?
-Affix your new registration sticker
-Hope the WV DOT has the right address so they can send you registration paperwork, or you'll be like me and get stuck with an expired receipt for registration (just re-did, hopefully they get it right this time).

It's so needlessly complicated, even when you subtract the inspection bit. I used to walk in, walk out, no hassle. Now it's walk/drive around everywhere and get five things lined up, and when the hours at the DMV and the courthouse are normal 9-5 hours, it screws all the people over who also work during those hours. The DMV part is especially annoying, since it's your first stop after getting a new car, and also where you gotta go for your license renewal. I haven't had time, so I'm driving on a 3-month-expired Iowa license still, thanks to their garbage hours.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online