GMC SS Envoy Front Bumper - Do you want it made?

Venomhatch

Aug 14, 2013
I need a TBSS Front bumper cover complete in Newport News, Va area. Anyone around there have a spare? Maybe it is a little messed up. It is the last piece I need for my outside. Preferably white but I will take any color.

Reactions: BowtieLady

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
mcsteven said:
Any other info? Can we use our stock fogs? Is it a direct fit for the fogs? Does the front opening and the "vents" have grilles? Are they molded in or separate pieces?

Thanks.
No, the fog light mounting spots are for the TBSS fogs. No grilles for the front openings, but we offer mesh for sale. They are molded in.

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
Has anyone gotten this installed on their Envoy yet?

Reactions: dmanns67

x0duke0x

Feb 17, 2014
So is there any talk about producing the back end as well? I am gonna buy my front in a month and also look at the mesh and fog lights as well. I have a body shop in mine to trim, sand, fill, and paint this bad boy. But I am just checking for any word on the back end. I know the back end will have to require us to get the Ascender tail lights as our envoy's will be reverse lightless. But thanks for the wonderful news and I'll be sure to update everyone as you all have many questions that I will be happy to answer.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Considering that no one who said they were going to buy the front bumper actually did once it was made, I am fairly confident the OPs company won't be spending the money to R&D a rear bumper that's never been discussed until now.

Venomhatch

Aug 14, 2013
Blckshdw said:
Considering that no one who said they were going to buy the front bumper actually did once it was made, I am fairly confident the OPs company won't be spending the money to R&D a rear bumper that's never been discussed until now.
Someone needs to make a copycat version of the TBSS OEM front bumper cover for Trailblazers. I don't see too many knock offs out there.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: Ya know, now that I think about it, if someone made a fiberglass replica TBSS bumper cover, with as many people that want to upgrade their LS/LT bumpers, a company could make a fortune on them. :yes:

Venomhatch said:
Someone needs to make a copycat version of the TBSS OEM front bumper cover for Trailblazers. I don't see too many knock offs out there.
:welcome:

:biggrin: I've been waiting for months for an excuse to use this smiley. Thanx Don!! :raspberry:

:thankyou:

Reactions: Venomhatch

Venomhatch

Aug 14, 2013
Blckshdw said:
:welcome:

:biggrin: I've been waiting for months for an excuse to use this smiley. Thanx Don!! :raspberry:

:thankyou:
I don't want to disappoint you! Ya know? I don't actually follow this thread that well.

x0duke0x

Feb 17, 2014
So I bought me the SS bumper, I needed a new bumper. I am looking at the fog lights now, I just need conformation on the type of fogs that need to be installed. Is it OEM only? Or the Blazer Fogs that were posted? I hope I get an answer soon so I can just put everything in. I will keep everyone posted.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
x0duke0x said:
So I bought me the SS bumper, I needed a new bumper. I am looking at the fog lights now, I just need conformation on the type of fogs that need to be installed. Is it OEM only? Or the Blazer Fogs that were posted? I hope I get an answer soon so I can just put everything in. I will keep everyone posted.
Nice :thumbsup: I am glad someone finally bought the bumper. Cant wait to see some :pictures:

I would try sending paulcmartin a PM and ask what type of fogs can be used. Looking at pics of the bumper, it appears that it will require the TBSS style fog lights which are not cheap. Cheapest I have seen those fogs were about $90 a piece.

Reactions: Porkins

x0duke0x

Feb 17, 2014
I found some OE fogs for 120$ with shipping USED but oh well. It would have just looked funny without the lights and the bumper all in. But total for this build.
1. Bumper from Amazon - Extreme D. - http://www.amazon.com/2002-2009-Envoy-Duraflex-Front-Bumper/dp/B00KO853XW - $380 with Shipping.
2. OE Fog lamps USED from Ebay. Seller is a Trailblazer SS Seller:tongue:ick_a_part - www.ebay.com/usr/pick_a_part - $120 with Shipping.
Total for this Build without Paint. $500... Did I go overboard... Yah.... But I want show everyone how this will look. Plus $500 for a fully functional bumper without the Paint is pretty good.
That reminds me, I need get bulbs for the fogs...

Reactions: jpimp

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
x0duke0x said:
I found some OE fogs for 120$ with shipping USED but oh well. It would have just looked funny without the lights and the bumper all in. But total for this build.
1. Bumper from Amazon - Extreme D. - http://www.amazon.com/2002-2009-Envoy-Duraflex-Front-Bumper/dp/B00KO853XW - $380 with Shipping.
2. OE Fog lamps USED from Ebay. Seller is a Trailblazer SS Seller:tongue:ick_a_part - www.ebay.com/usr/pick_a_part - $120 with Shipping.
Total for this Build without Paint. $500... Did I go overboard... Yah.... But I want show everyone how this will look. Plus $500 for a fully functional bumper without the Paint is pretty good.
That reminds me, I need get bulbs for the fogs...
Thats not a bad price. I was not aware the Voy SS bumper was available on Amazon. I seen it on carid.com for around the same price. Thats a good deal for TBSS fogs. I seen on TBSSowners there is a way to modify the TBSS fog light so you can use a HID bulb. I cannot remember off hand what bulb base, but I know it can be done.

Have any idea what the cost of paint is going to run? Is the SS bumper a direct fit?

x0duke0x

Feb 17, 2014
I just got a call from Extreme Dimensions and they did stay you can use the OE version and it's pretty straight forward of an install, but you can also measure out the H/W/L of the universal Fog Lamp and use those. But I want to keep it true to the Trailblazer SS look so I did the OE stuff.
I see that the Fog Bulb is an 880/893 from - http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9381
I do have 880s HIS fogs, so I will try that out first.

This is what I found for the HID fogs.
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86906
IT simply states that
"Either 880 or 893...lot of peeps had to loosen up the screws on housing to get them in, then retighten.

If u have problems getting the bulb to twist into the housing, remove the 4 screws holding the bulb mounting plate to the fog lamp housing & remove the plate. I had to
do this last weekend when i installed mine. You may have to push & twist the bulb really hard to get it to twist onto the plate. Then, just reinstall the plate & tighten the screws & you're good to go"

So looks like fun! :eek:

x0duke0x

Feb 17, 2014
Paint... I have a paint guy that can do this for around 60$, from a local body shop. It's already primed and good to go, just need to fit it and sand it down a bit, maybe even re-prime after sanding.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
x0duke0x said:
I just got a call from Extreme Dimensions and they did stay you can use the OE version and it's pretty straight forward of an install, but you can also measure out the H/W/L of the universal Fog Lamp and use those. But I want to keep it true to the Trailblazer SS look so I did the OE stuff.
I see that the Fog Bulb is an 880/893 from - http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9381
I do have 880s HIS fogs, so I will try that out first.

This is what I found for the HID fogs.
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86906
IT simply states that
"Either 880 or 893...lot of peeps had to loosen up the screws on housing to get them in, then retighten.

If u have problems getting the bulb to twist into the housing, remove the 4 screws holding the bulb mounting plate to the fog lamp housing & remove the plate. I had to
do this last weekend when i installed mine. You may have to push & twist the bulb really hard to get it to twist onto the plate. Then, just reinstall the plate & tighten the screws & you're good to go"

So looks like fun! :eek:
Good, you found it. I thought it might be the 880 bulb, but was not too sure. I remember seeing a couple threads on the topic. Hopefully you are able to use your 880 HIDs.

x0duke0x said:
Paint... I have a paint guy that can do this for around 60$, from a local body shop. It's already primed and good to go, just need to fit it and sand it down a bit, maybe even re-prime after sanding.
$60 is a deal for paint. I figured it would be $150+ for paint and clear.

x0duke0x

Feb 17, 2014
Both bumper and fog lights came in today. Here is what it looks like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 33

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
x0duke0x said:
Both bumper and fog lights came in today. Here is what it looks like.
It does exist! :2thumbsup:

Looks awesome. Can't wait to see it painted and installed. How does the TBSS fog lights fit? Did it come with any chrome pieces for cutouts on near the fog lights like in the pics on Amazon/Carid?

Reactions: Mounce

x0duke0x

Feb 17, 2014
No chrome pieces, I have to buy a separate grill mesh to install over the vents. I might as well buy another to make them all uniform. The fog light areas I have to look into more, but there are 3 clips on the SS fog brackets that connect it the bumper. I'll post pics, I think the first part is to get all the pieces together then move forward. My plan is to get the mesh and figure out how to load the fog lights. Then take it in for a body touch up since there are a few imperfections. Around fog light area, it's not entirely perfect, around the vents are a bit rought too. So I have my work cut out for me on the sanding prep. Then I'll take it in to have them paint it.

I will also need them to paint the vent area grey or have the vent area wrapped with chrome after the paint, but I'm still open for anything.

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
dmanns67 said:
Good, you found it. I thought it might be the 880 bulb, but was not too sure. I remember seeing a couple threads on the topic. Hopefully you are able to use your 880 HIDs.

$60 is a deal for paint. I figured it would be $150+ for paint and clear.
That's about what I was quoted.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BlazingTrails said:
Are the headlight openings the only difference between the envoy and trailblazer? I wonder if I can do some light body work and put it on my trailblazer.
Hood, grille, headlights, fenders, and bumper... Assuming you're talking about just the front end.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Obviously. The body lines between the 2 have more differences than just the headlights, that's all I'm saying. If addressing all of those qualifies as light body work, then by all means, unleash your mod bug. That would make for a cool build to watch. :thumbsup:

Reactions: mcsteven

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
BlazingTrails said:
I'm obviously talking about the from bumper, thats what this thread is about lol
Might as well just get a TBSS bumper to start with :confused:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BlazingTrails said:
They are hard to find around here.
Then look elsewhere. Found GM1000839 @ Rock Auto for 2007-2009 TBSS front bumper cover, primered. :coffee:

Economy Line $312
Regular Inventory $318
CAPA Certified $362

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I'm not helpless bro, I can find them. That bumper has nothing with it. Need fogs, lower grill, left bezel, right bezel, spoiler, and the piece that goes under the bumper cover to sit on the bumper. Might as well just hold out for a complete used one. Which is hard to find around here.

x0duke0x

Feb 17, 2014
If possible, could a fellow could someone look into how the SS fog light connects to the bumper? I need some type of picture to see how I place the SS fog light on the Bumper, thanks!

x0duke0x

Feb 17, 2014
So... I figured out how the oem SS dogs light mount up!
So on the oem ss fog lights there is 3 slots around the fog light bracket.

Soo... I will have to cut the mold I have to fit slots needed for the fog light. I will be putting some time of hose clamp around the fog lights to hold the brackets in place after the cut and mount.

So I hope everyone understands that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 53

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Oops

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
I have been wondering that myself. I can tell you one thing if I had an envoy one of these bumpers would be on the front of it. All of you envoy guys would appreciate this deal if you had a trailblazer.
Isn't that the truth. Does not seem many Envoy owners are interested in the bumper. Maybe they need a rear bumper to go along with it :undecided:

I have been waiting to see this bumper installed since this thread was started over a year ago. Looks like x0duke0x has not been on in a couple weeks, maybe he is working on the install.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I had wanted one but with the need for new fog lights, the small grill inserts, shipping, prep, paint, installation... It was going to be a lot more than the bumper cover for an Envoy that my insurance company covered. And while I understand development and production takes time, it just took too long from communications, etc. here on the board. If I had a place to prep and paint it myself I may have thought differently. If that were the case I may have shelled out of pocket for the different fog lights and shipping. I was changing insurance companies and had to get this taken care of. I would have liked one but it was not in the cards.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online