GMC SS Envoy Front Bumper - Do you want it made?

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Fen65 said:
I'm interested. Depends on the price though.

Same here. I put off replacing my cover because of this. So when you have prices, I'd be interested in knowing a price for one shipped to 94591.

Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
I know im new to this site, but this has me really excited.

I read somewhere in this thread some bumper modification needed to be done?
wasnt this cover made to bolt right up as in plug and play?

Thanks

Shipping to Bristol PA 19007 as well..

Love the clean look of it. I am trying to maintain Stock look on my Voy.

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
mcsteven said:
Same here. I put off replacing my cover because of this. So when you have prices, I'd be interested in knowing a price for one shipped to 94591.

Same here, mine has a pretty bad scratch thanks to my dad that I was planning on getting fixed, but if this will be available I'll just hold off.

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
It won't be direct oe replacement. It may require slight trimming/ sanding / filling. This is all easily done with a professional bodyshop (not Maaco) The part will be fiberglass, and frp is very easy to modify.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
TimRXUV777 said:
So any updates on this? It's May 6th, over four months since the first of the year??
Looks like the mold was just made maybe a month and a half ago, so it's gonna take them a little while longer to crank out the production models.

paulcmartin said:
Just an update everyone, I just received a letter from our mold makers stating the mold will be made on 3/20/2014. After that we should have it in a few months. It's getting closer. I will let you know when we start getting ETAs on the part.

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
109532_2.jpg

Good news everyone, our company is debuting the part this weekend. I hope nobody gets upset if I post the page to go to. It will be up on site as of Saturday 5/24/14. Go to www.ExtremeDimensions.com and search 02-09 GMC Envoy on Saturday. We have flat shipping rates. If you are Southern California local, feel free to call and do a pick up will call. It will save you some cash.

109532_1.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
paulcmartin said:
Looks good but I would have shaved the body line :undecided:

I was contemplating doing that, but I wanted to keep the OEM look.
Now that I get a better look at it, :iagree: The Denali bumper has that body line shaved. Still looks sweet though. If I drove a Voy, I'd definitely want one of these.

Reactions: TexazReece

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I must say you guys did a great job. I can agree with Carlton that if had a Voy I'd definitely have to purchase one. Great job again.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I want a envoy now. :drool:

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
paulcmartin said:
109532_2.jpg

Good news everyone, our company is debuting the part this weekend. I hope nobody gets upset if I post the page to go to. It will be up on site as of Saturday 5/24/14. Go to www.ExtremeDimensions.com and search 02-09 GMC Envoy on Saturday. We have flat shipping rates. If you are Southern California local, feel free to call and do a pick up will call. It will save you some cash.

109532_1.jpg
What wheels are those??? And yes, the bumper looks great, good job.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
$300 is not a bad price, cheaper than a used TBSS bumper. They must have went quick or had a very limited supply to already be out of stock, unless this is a preorder item :undecided:

When are you installing one on your Voy Paul :popcorn: :pictures:

jstrut

Jul 31, 2013
This would be awesome to get my hands on considering my wife just backed into mine with her Malibu in the driveway last month. Not a bad price either and it looks great! Nice work!

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
To reply to all of the questions:

* Will you do a rear bumper? we would like to do a rear bumper, however we did not have the time since we are going into our SEMA season and that takes months of work.

* what wheels are those? I have no idea haha. Our graphic artist put them on, I suggested TBZ SS wheels but they stuck with those. I wouldn't doubt it if those wheels were not made for the truck. It's just to show a modified look to the voy

* why are we out of stock? Our inventory of the bumpers is confirmed to come in by 5/30/14. We should be getting a few of them, and then a few more the next week. We simply put the part up for sale about a week before we get parts in stock. It's just our policy.

* When will I install it on my truck? As soon as the part comes in and I can get a couple hundred bucks to install. Hopefully within the next two months it will be on my truck. I will post pictures when it's done.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Those wheels look like they might be 5 lug wheels, so, yeah, not something that would fit our trucks :tongue:

Reactions: paulcmartin

TimRXUV777

May 6, 2014
Since, I know what CAD programs can do. My question is how were those illustrations/renderings made? Are we seeing the actual prototype bumper with a mocked up truck or are we seeing a completely 3D CAD mock up?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Pretty sure they are both full renders. The 1st one is more believable, since it has the gap between the bumper, and the headlights and grille. The 2nd pic is definitely, since the bumper fits perfectly flush. :twocents:

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
They are photoshops.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
paulcmartin said:
They are photoshops.
I can dig it. May not be the actual part itself, but showing the vision of what it should look like to prospective buyers is still a nicer touch than just "trust us. Just trust us. Just... just trust us."

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
I'm going to save up a bit but I'm definitely buying this soon.

I agree though, would it be possible to see it installed on someone's Envoy first?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
r1894 said:
:offtopic: kind of...
How do people get the Envoy style grilles on the Trailblazers? The grille basically doesn't continue into the headlights...if that makes sense. I have seen 2 in the past month and I'm jealous.
That is the TrailBlazer LT style grille and headlights on the newer TrailBlazer. I have the same grille and headlights. Here is a pic of mine, is that what you are referring to?

uploadfromtaptalk1402365010103.jpg

Reactions: BlazingTrails

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
r1894 said:
EXACTLY. Can I do that to my 02 LS?
You can, but it will cost a few hundred bucks. The cheapest I have found the TBLT headlights were for around $320 with shipping. Then you still have the cost of the grille.

In the pic above is the Spec-D grille which ran me about $150. Not sure what the OE TBLT grille runs.

To save some cash you could always go with the TBSS grille since you already have the correct headlights.

Reactions: Porkins

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
Has anyone bought this?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
If I had an Envoy instead of a Trailblazer I would definitely get this. I started reading from the 1st post in this thread, nice to see that the idea took off and was produced :thumbsup:

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
If I had an Envoy instead of a Trailblazer I would definitely get this. I started reading from the 1st post in this thread, nice to see that the idea took off and was produced :thumbsup:
It is an awesome bumper for a good price. I wish we could get the TBSS bumper cover for that price. One day...

Reactions: Blckshdw

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
I hope to be able to pick this up soon. I need a new bumper.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Any other info? Can we use our stock fogs? Is it a direct fit for the fogs? Does the front opening and the "vents" have grilles? Are they molded in or separate pieces?

Thanks.

TimRXUV777

May 6, 2014
Is this Envoy "SS" bumper actually on the market right now? How much is it? How much is shipping? Or was this just a promotional corporate tease?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
mcsteven said:
Any other info? Can we use our stock fogs? Is it a direct fit for the fogs? Does the front opening and the "vents" have grilles? Are they molded in or separate pieces?

Thanks.
I believe the Voy fogs are a bit larger than the TBSS fogs. You might need to find a substitute like the Blazer fogs to go in this bumper.

lfp-rnd3-wq.jpg

TimRXUV777 said:
Is this Envoy "SS" bumper actually on the market right now? How much is it? How much is shipping? Or was this just a promotional corporate tease?
:book: 2002-2009 GMC Envoy Duraflex SS Look Front Bumper Cover - 1 Piece

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Yeah, that brings the price up another $50-$100. And since I put the bull bar on it, I'm not as set on the SS cover. Got to check. Going to photoshop it on to take a look.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BlazingTrails said:
I can't even get an SS bumper for my trailblazer that cheap!!
:undecided: Ya know, now that I think about it, if someone made a fiberglass replica TBSS bumper cover, with as many people that want to upgrade their LS/LT bumpers, a company could make a fortune on them. :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online