GMC SS Envoy Front Bumper - Do you want it made?

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
I work for an aftermarket parts company and I am an die hard GMT guy. My envoy has been needing something new & I want to do the GMC Envoy SS front bumper. My company has agreed to hear my pitch and is highly interested in it. There was already a thread of people getting off topic. So what I want to know is....WOULD YOU BUY IT? A direct replacement made in fiberglass plastic composite material. It would need to be prepped / sanded / bondo to get it paint ready like most aftermarket parts. But we can make it. Who would want one?
View attachment 31024

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 754

eXplicit

May 20, 2013
I have a Trailblazer, but if I had an Envoy, I'd buy it. As long as there's a matching rear bumper to go with it.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Depends how much? I'd be very interested if the price is right
Btw heres some better pictures :raspberry:

Most of us came to the conclusion that it would be easier to take the upper half of the envoy bumper and the lower half of the SS bumper and fibreglass them together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 721
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 717
Reactions: smt 59

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
That is what we would be doing, then making a mold out of it and mass producing and shipping worldwide.

jstrut

Jul 31, 2013
A front and rear matching bumper would be awesome! If the price is right I'm in.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I have been trying to figure out how to get a lower valence on the front bumper for awhile, possibly even trying to make a splitter both work and look like it belongs there. Fusing two covers has been an option as well and this looks really good. Is this the final design or can it be tweaked? I wonder if the chrome scoops on the sides could incorporate a fog light? Just brainstorming.

If the price is right I may be on board.....looks pretty freakin sweet.

I think the current pic with the possible option of adding an air splitter would be awesome, if someone wanted to reduce the height even more for street use.

This pic from the OS of the lower valence looks real cool, add this to the bottom of that SS bumper project or the option of something similar if desired would be sweet. Would that even be possible?

Attachments

• Envoy front spoiler.jpg
    Envoy front spoiler.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 673

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
I can't say one thing or another to leak information.....buuuutttttt.......green light on the project. I don't know price, i don't think I can say company name yet. I know it will be Fiberglass Plastic Composite and I can say that the lower vent bezels will be molded into the bumper. You can have them painted silver, but the bumper will be a one piece. I told them it has to have fog light holes like the SS TBZ, so owners won't get upset about losing our nice round fogs.

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
I can't show a picture of the part, but we just finished putting the bumper together Envoy onto SS style. Now on the next shipment it will get shipped to be made. Expect 5-6 months until it hits shelves.

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
paulcmartin said:
I can't show a picture of the part, but we just finished putting the bumper together Envoy onto SS style. Now on the next shipment it will get shipped to be made. Expect 5-6 months until it hits shelves.

Damn man really wish I didn't recently purchase the Denali bumper! Cool stuff though.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
paulcmartin said:
I can't say one thing or another to leak information.....buuuutttttt.......green light on the project. I don't know price, i don't think I can say company name yet. I know it will be Fiberglass Plastic Composite and I can say that the lower vent bezels will be molded into the bumper. You can have them painted silver, but the bumper will be a one piece. I told them it has to have fog light holes like the SS TBZ, so owners won't get upset about losing our nice round fogs.

OK - it's been about 2 months. Any hint on price? Price range? Idea of timeframe for availability? Other news?

Thanks. I do have to replace my bumper cover and so I'm thinking about it. Maybe the SS cover with the custom protector would look cool.

Reactions: x0duke0x

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
The part is made and will ship out in the middle of december. From that time it will take roughly 4-6 months to get the part back from the mold factory. As far as price, I could only guess it will be around 400. But that price is not set. Personally, Id like to show you guys pictures and everything else. But I'm under a contract and can't divulge info. This thread was merely to show ineterest in the product so i could get it approved to make it.

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
Just hit a deer!!!!! I'd love this to be on my truck! I'd buy today if I could. Group buy for quicker process?

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Bumping this thread, because it sounds like a awesome new product. :thumbsup:

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
So last week the bumper left our facility to be made. It's still several months away from coming back to us to sell. I talked to my boss & he green lit me to show the wonderful people of GMTnation what we built. :wootwoot: (keep in mind, the lower grill may not have that mesh insert :hissyfit:, but it will have the fog light holes. :smile:)
View attachment 32261

Attachments

• 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: jpimp and Porkins

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
gmcman said:
I have been trying to figure out how to get a lower valence on the front bumper for awhile, possibly even trying to make a splitter both work and look like it belongs there. Fusing two covers has been an option as well and this looks really good. Is this the final design or can it be tweaked? I wonder if the chrome scoops on the sides could incorporate a fog light? Just brainstorming.

If the price is right I may be on board.....looks pretty freakin sweet.

I think the current pic with the possible option of adding an air splitter would be awesome, if someone wanted to reduce the height even more for street use.

This pic from the OS of the lower valence looks real cool, add this to the bottom of that SS bumper project or the option of something similar if desired would be sweet. Would that even be possible?

The only problem you are going to run into with this new SS style for the envoy, you will need a splitter designed for a trailblazer ss. I don't know if they make those? research anyone? because the bottom half of the new bumper is a Chevy SS bumper. So the fitment would be off using conventional Envoy lips. You could always do a home cheapo lip :rotfl:
How To: DIY Home Depot Front Lip - YouTube

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Wow, that looks really nice

Might consider buying a denali instead of the saab now if i find a good deal

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Not gonna lie...that bumper looks killer!!! Nice work. Kinda makes me wish I still had my voy. Can't wait to see some pics.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
If i had a 'voy instead of a Trailblazer i would seriously be looking at this as well!

02blackenvoy

Feb 1, 2014
I really like it a lot! Mine is in as we type getting a new bumper cover due to a bad right side corner light mount...

Shawn

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
Just an update everyone, I just received a letter from our mold makers stating the mold will be made on 3/20/2014. After that we should have it in a few months. It's getting closer. I will let you know when we start getting ETAs on the part.

- - - Updated - - -

bagdvoy said:
Looks good but I would have shaved the body line :undecided:
I was contemplating doing that, but I wanted to keep the OEM look.

Reactions: jpimp

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
I'm excited too, I'm planning on installing it the second it comes in.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
paulcmartin said:
the mold will be made on 3/20/....

That's when I was made (ok, delivered). Can I get one as a birthday present?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
AquaLady said:
Thats neat. How about for a TBLS?

With the right parts you can use the front and rear bumper from a TrailBlazer SS (TBSS). There are many threads here about TBSS clones or TBSS conversions done on the TBLS or TBLT. Below is a link to the latest thread for a member currently doing a TBSS conversion on his TBLS. You do not need to take it as far as he has though. There are a few members who just swapped their front and rear bumper on their TBLS for ones from a TBSS. Also swapped the stock wheels for TBSS OE wheels.

http://gmtnation.com/f33/my-summit-white-ss-clone-progress-8370/

http://gmtnation.com/f33/my-ss-conversion-6666/

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
AquaLady said:
Thats neat. How about for a TBLS?
We actually wanted to do a TB SS front bumper, but we wanted to make something that you couldn't buy anywhere. The TB SS front bumper is something that is pretty readily available. Trust me though, I was pushing for it and we may end up doing it one day.

paulcmartin

Original poster
May 13, 2013
Just got the confirmation from our molding factory, the bumper mold is complete. We are planning on ordering soon

Reactions: jpimp

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
I'm interested. Depends on the price though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger