Firearms

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
DucatiSS said:
Same here in Riverside Co. California is considered a "shall issue" state, however the police chief or the sheriff is the one that determines if you really need it. I have toyed with the idea, however I am thinking that all the stars have to be perfectly aligned for it to happen.

Oh, I have a couple...:wowfaint:

Yep.... I am considering adding a Florida non-resident license. They have good reciprocity for when I travel. :cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I need to check again, but its either Utah or FL that has best reciprocity for me.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I need to check again, but its either Utah or FL that has best reciprocity for me.

Does Utah do non-resident?

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Ghoster said:
Does Utah do non-resident?

PA does. Go to the MEDIA courthouse. Takes $20 and 30 minutes. You walk out with it!

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Fishhunter911 said:
PA does. Go to the MEDIA courthouse. Takes $20 and 30 minutes. You walk out with it!

You sure about that? Takes longer than that to get fingerprinted and have the back ground check!

and DE doesn't have reciprocity with PA.:crackup:

This whole thing is a mess!

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I know which is why I will be going to PA to get mine. When I get my DE CCW, I can go to PA and pay $25 wait 30 minutes and I walk out with a PA Non Resident. You, having 1 from MD can do the same!! Below are links to the Delaware County, PA PDFs

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Fishhunter911 said:
I know which is why I will be going to PA to get mine. When I get my DE CCW, I can go to PA and pay $25 wait 30 minutes and I walk out with a PA Non Resident. You, having 1 from MD can do the same!! Below are links to the Delaware County, PA PDFs

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

Ok now I see what you are saying. FL has great reciprocity, but I don't think they take in to account other states ccw's. At least I don't recall seeing it on the application.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
usacarry does have the best maps... im a member over there...

and i have Utah, Florida, and PA non resident licenses. Utah and Florida do cover alot of the same states... each one has 1 or 2 states the other doesnt have. Utah is good for 5 years, and Florida is good for 7 years and issued by the agricultural department.

Ghoster said:
You sure about that? Takes longer than that to get fingerprinted and have the back ground check!

they use NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). one phone call and 5 mins later the background check is done. unless they are busy.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
SCHWEET!!:cool:

I figured you would like that. It is a great map to play with to figure out what non-resident permits would benefit the most.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:
I figured you would like that. It is a great map to play with to figure out what non-resident permits would benefit the most.

It does work well.... click to see what states Maryland recognizes...... 0. :no:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:
It does work well.... click to see what states Maryland recognizes...... 0. :no:

click on Illino... oh wait... nevermind...:suicide:

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Hatchet said:
click on Illino... oh wait... nevermind...:suicide:

Yep... The only state left in the United States that does not allow concealed carry of any kind, by anybody that's not a cop... A whole state of good people whose laws are controlled by the most corrupt city in the US...

Mike

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Hawaii is pretty bad to.. they have carry. but no one can find any record of anyone ever being issued one...

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Bartonmd said:
Yep... The only state left in the United States that does not allow concealed carry of any kind, by anybody that's not a cop... A whole state of good people whose laws are controlled by the most corrupt city in the US...

Mike

While its not a state, lets not forget Washington DC. You don't even want to drive through there while THINKING about a gun.:no:

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
While its not a state, lets not forget Washington DC. You don't even want to drive through there while THINKING about a gun.:no:

You can now own guns there, and they are being sued to allow carry... There's a lot of BS involved in even owning them, but it's still better than Cook County (Chicago), where you aren't even own one...

Mike

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
What a headache! :crazy: I can carry in all 50....:tongue:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:

I am still amazed that I survived 2 years in DC without being hassled. I was living in Alexandria, VA right across the river from DC, and working in MD. I was working high end government security (the type that I wore a drop leg holster for) and had to take the subway through DC to get to and from work. I would swap out the leg holster for a concealed holster for the trip back and forth. I never got stopped or had any issues from transit police, and was fortunate on one occasion to be armed.

It was late at night, and I was on the way home. Had a group of 3 guys split up and head down either side of the platform and one down the middle looking to surround me. I took my coat off and got ready to draw, and one of the guys was observant enough to see this and immediately called to the other two to back off. Smart guys. :yes:

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
Badbart said:
What a headache! :crazy: I can carry in all 50....:tongue:
:smile:

I'm just happy that my wife and I can finally get ccw licenses in WI! Our required class is next Thursday.

I've been playing with different carry guns lately. Anyone have any personal experience with TCP's? They feel good in the hand, and I really like my Taurus .357 revolver.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Here in Vegas, at least, we have to get a permit for each and every weapon we want to carry concealed.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
djthumper said:
Here in Vegas, at least, we have to get a permit for each and every weapon we want to carry concealed.

Wow, history teaches us that is a very bad idea.

Reactions: TollKeeper

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:

not to own. they just gotta be licensed in each firearm they want to carry. so if you have 3 guns that you carry, the license needs to list those 3. stupid but still better then what i got... which is nothing.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like that I can buy privately and no one knows what I own or carry.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
We also have to go to training for each one on the permit.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Regulator said:

I meant that history teaches that listing your privately owned weapons is a very bad idea. There are plenty of examples of the government rounding up weapons from private citizens to help support their war, or to ensure that the public would be unarmed.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I guess I am a bit slow tonight.

So if you are going to carry a 9mm, .40, and .45 you would have to be licensed on each? Not necessarily registering the guns, just getting licensed on that particular round? Am I following now?

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Sure gets confusing going from state to state and all the different laws. Any hand gun bought in MD is registered with the State Police, regardless of whether you have a ccw or not. They record every serial number for every sale. If you buy one privately, you are still supposed to transfer it through the State Police. Its annoying as hell.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Regulator said:
I guess I am a bit slow tonight.

So if you are going to carry a 9mm, .40, and .45 you would have to be licensed on each? Not necessarily registering the guns, just getting licensed on that particular round? Am I following now?

Oh worse than that. If I have a Glock .40 and want to carry an H & K .40 I have to be licensed for each of them.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
washington.jpg

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Right on. That's how I've bought at least half my guns.:biggrin:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Same in OH :cool: It's just to bad I had that boating accident and lost all my evil guns :wink: It's OK though, if guns kill people, mine were defective :confused:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I learned boats and guns dont mix the hard way. Hope the fishes take care of them.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Story from a Kansas State Highway Patrol officer :

I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding

on U.S. 166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS.

I asked for her driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance.

The lady took out the required information and handed it to me.

In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age)

to see she had a conceal carry permit. I looked at her and ask if

she had a weapon in her possession at this time.

She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her glove box.

Something---body language, or the way she said it---made me want

to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having

a 9mm Glock in her center console. Now I had to ask one more

time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have

just one more, a .38 special in her purse. I then asked her what

was she so afraid of.

She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a f**king thing!"

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I LOVE IT!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

Flyersguy

Nov 21, 2011
I hear it actually has a 100% hit rate. not always the person you are aiming at, sometimes you get the person you are aiming at and several others!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online