Dozen Problems/Rant

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
What's up guys? This is my first post here :smile:
I'm posting this video to try and get some help with a few problems the dealership screwed me with. Also, to show what people should look for cosmetically when purchasing a used car. I believe any dealership could do this to you. Please ask me any questions to help you find some answers to fix my remaining issues. Thanks in advance!
[video=youtube_share;BUpXXMbllQk]http://youtu.be/BUpXXMbllQk[/video]

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
1) Welcome.

2) You stole five minutes of my life I will never get back. Shame on me. :hissyfit:

3) 100% of those problems would have been found during a pre-purchase inspection. Did you skip this essential part of the process?

4) If you have a contract in writing, go to small claims or get a lawyer. Youtube is not the right place to take your complaint until your certified demand letter is ignored or denied.

5) Why the heck did you ever fork over money and drive it off their lot? You demand fixes FIRST, not after. Were your shorts on fire to take delivery by a specific day? You could have rented a car to tide you over if you had to, couldn't you?

6) HVAC actuators are a well-known weak spot of the platform. The defrost one is especially difficult to change.

7) Did you get a mechanic to check for pending trouble codes that can bite you in the ass later, that will cost a LOT more than the $500 you look to be in for now?

8) Any idea about the fluid change history? Wheel bearings? Ball joints, tie rod ends, etc.?

9) Keep a log book in writing of the issues and your timeline to deal with them. If you're serious about compensation, get ready for court. If not, then name and shame them and write a scathing review for Yelp.

10) Please, please share why you drove it off the lot in such a hurry. :confused:

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
the roadie said:
1) Welcome.

2) You stole five minutes of my life I will never get back. Shame on me. :hissyfit:

3) 100% of those problems would have been found during a pre-purchase inspection. Did you skip this essential part of the process?

4) If you have a contract in writing, go to small claims or get a lawyer. Youtube is not the right place to take your complaint until your certified demand letter is ignored or denied.

5) Why the heck did you ever fork over money and drive it off their lot? You demand fixes FIRST, not after. Were your shorts on fire to take delivery by a specific day? You could have rented a car to tide you over if you had to, couldn't you?

6) HVAC actuators are a well-known weak spot of the platform. The defrost one is especially difficult to change.

7) Did you get a mechanic to check for pending trouble codes that can bite you in the ass later, that will cost a LOT more than the $500 you look to be in for now?

8) Any idea about the fluid change history? Wheel bearings? Ball joints, tie rod ends, etc.?

9) Keep a log book in writing of the issues and your timeline to deal with them. If you're serious about compensation, get ready for court. If not, then name and shame them and write a scathing review for Yelp.

10) Please, please share why you drove it off the lot in such a hurry. :confused:

1) Thank you

2) I'm sorry :frown:

3) I never thought to check for the problems I was having. Just test drove it. Also, I never bought a car from a dealership before. Thought I was in good hands when my salesman said the service center would do a thorough check on the vehicle before he sold it to me or anyone else.

4) I have a contract that says no warranty, free oil change, and back glass assembly replacement. I didn't know that "no warranty" meant "sold as-is". I do not have money for a lawyer and I don't think it's worth the parts of my vehicle.

5) I bought the car and it was in their shop for a week and they weren't doing anything. I was missing too much school. So, I contacted them and they said they would call me when the parts came in. I just went and picked it up. Few weeks later. Nothing.

6) Awesome :mad:

7) The dealerships mechanics SUPPOSEDLY checked it...

8) None of the above. I have the carfax and all it shows is regular oil change and a seatbelt recall.

9) I will look into that. After I'm done with the rear glass they promised to replace, they will continue to hear what I feel they did wrong to me.

10) School. School. School. School. I'm a 3.5GPA Student triple majoring at SOWELA Tech. Community College. I had to get to school someway or another.

nopaybob

Apr 3, 2013
For safety sake have someone else check them front end parts on that thing!

Your post did make me feel slightly better about buying my tb with no vehicle history from an auction on impulse. :redface:

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
The good news is you have learned some valuable lessons on how to buy a used car.

I agree with the yelp review. it may make you feel better, and may help another consumer.

other than figuring out what else is wrong and planning to fix it, you could look at trying to get some money or help from the dealer. this will cost you time you do not have, but may be worth some investment of your time and persistence.

they have some consumer protection laws in LA. this again will take effort and time on your part, and may not really get you anything.
Contact Us

you probably need to figure out what the leak is. if it is just AC condensation, that is fine, if it is fluid from the coolant system, or from a drive train component (transmission), differential, or oil, you need to know where it is coming from, how to check to make sure it does not get too low, and how to fix the leak.

also agree that it is really worth a visit to someone who can check out the suspension a tire store should be willing to give it the once over if you ask nice. (will likely give you an estimate for any repairs they think are needed)

good luck, and feel free to ask for our free advice on any other specific issues you find. did you pay cash, or are you making payments? (if you don't mind letting us know)

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
nopaybob said:
For safety sake have someone else check them front end parts on that thing!

Your post did make me feel slightly better about buying my tb with no vehicle history from an auction on impulse. :redface:
How did it make you feel better?

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
meerschm said:
The good news is you have learned some valuable lessons on how to buy a used car.

I agree with the yelp review. it may make you feel better, and may help another consumer.

other than figuring out what else is wrong and planning to fix it, you could look at trying to get some money or help from the dealer. this will cost you time you do not have, but may be worth some investment of your time and persistence.

they have some consumer protection laws in LA. this again will take effort and time on your part, and may not really get you anything.
Contact Us

you probably need to figure out what the leak is. if it is just AC condensation, that is fine, if it is fluid from the coolant system, or from a drive train component (transmission), differential, or oil, you need to know where it is coming from, how to check to make sure it does not get too low, and how to fix the leak.

also agree that it is really worth a visit to someone who can check out the suspension a tire store should be willing to give it the once over if you ask nice. (will likely give you an estimate for any repairs they think are needed)

good luck, and feel free to ask for our free advice on any other specific issues you find. did you pay cash, or are you making payments? (if you don't mind letting us know)

I definitely have. This will be the last time I shop at Bubba Oustalet in Jennings, LA. I called today and he was so pissed about my previous video that he kept hanging up on me. So, my dad went to the dealership. Same thing. He won't do anything for me? I'm uploading a very thorough critique of their dealership right now to youtube. After they replace my rear glass, the vids are going up. Never will I shop there again.

I've already written a review on Yelp and turned them into the Better Business Bureau.

I've tried the help and money from dealer. They won't budge because I didn't have a warranty, but then changed their reason and blamed it on my video just showing people what Bubba Oustalet sold to me.

I've looked into the laws. The parts aren't worth a lawyer and such.

I actually found the leak in the rear. My door seal is just jank around the door and the windows. It pretty much rains in my door because the seal is so bad. I still don't understand how I'm getting water under my passenger door mat.

Why the suspension?

I paid cash. Straight cash. Thinking that would make them go down on the price. It didn't.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You're both at fault. Dealer was a typical dealer and you failed to do due diligence as a used car buyer.

Oh yeah...welcome to the party.:biggrin:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
kade said:
I paid cash. Straight cash. Thinking that would make them go down on the price. It didn't.
Huh? Why would paying cash get you a BETTER price? They MAKE money on kickbacks from the finance companies. Lesson here: Research all aspects of large transactions. Google is your friend. Noobs are ripe for the fleecing by unscrupulous sellers. Keep up the publicity pressure. Shows they care about adverse publicity.:thumbup:

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
You're both at fault. Dealer was a typical dealer and you failed to do due diligence as a used car buyer.

Oh yeah...welcome to the party.:biggrin:

Yea, after a long heated talk with one of the owner's sons. He pretty much explained how sneaky they are in the fine print paired with Louisiana laws. Tells me he won't fix the car because of a Louisiana law about warranties. Towards the end of the conversation he tells me he won't fix it because of the video. Which one is it? I think he's just butthurt.
But...Lesson learned. I know what to do next time I'm shopping.

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
the roadie said:
Huh? Why would paying cash get you a BETTER price? They MAKE money on kickbacks from the finance companies. Lesson here: Research all aspects of large transactions. Google is your friend. Noobs are ripe for the fleecing by unscrupulous sellers. Keep up the publicity pressure. Shows they care about adverse publicity.:thumbup:

I just thought a lump sum of cash sounded better to them than financing. So, I started about $800 below what they were asking with cash in hand. They wouldn't budge and I was needing a car hard. It "looked" like a nice car...little did I know...
Don't worry about the pressure. I recorded another video of it raining in my car because of some broken window seals. Should be up tomorrow :smile:

Because this is all true information and I'm not bad mouthing anyone, I can't necessarily get in trouble right?

nopaybob

Apr 3, 2013
kade said:
How did it make you feel better?
Why do I feel better? - Just knowing I'm not alone, The previous owner at the auction assured me that the tb was only going to need was an 02 sensor and everything else was good and the tb had been kept up since it had been his wifes daily driver.
I figure the guy had a deathwish for his wife since I've owned it a little more than a month and so far I replaced..

Upper ball joints - wasted
Lower ball joints - wasted
Outer tie rod ends - wasted
upper control arms
Rear stabilizer links - wasted
Rear shocks
Cam sensor
Variable timing sensor
rear shocks
Front turn signal bulbs - 1 went out
Low beam headlight bulbs - 1 went out
Transmission flush
Trans filter
And a frickin set of 4 tires - the old ones were the wrong size and would rub on bumpy roads
Front end alignment

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
nopaybob said:
Why do I feel better? - Just knowing I'm not alone, The previous owner at the auction assured me that the tb was only going to need was an 02 sensor and everything else was good and the tb had been kept up since it had been his wifes daily driver.
I figure the guy had a deathwish for his wife since I've owned it a little more than a month and so far I replaced..

Upper ball joints - wasted
Lower ball joints - wasted
Outer tie rod ends - wasted
upper control arms
Rear stabilizer links - wasted
Rear shocks
Cam sensor
Variable timing sensor
rear shocks
Front turn signal bulbs - 1 went out
Low beam headlight bulbs - 1 went out
Transmission flush
Trans filter
And a frickin set of 4 tires - the old ones were the wrong size and would rub on bumpy roads
Front end alignment

Holy crap...I believe you've just put a bad taste in my mouth for these vehicles. Yea, fixing my issues and getting rid of this thing.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
I guess its all in how the previous owners take care of them. I have a 2002 LTZ with 165000 miles on it and i do have a slight humming noise in the front passenger side. (going to replace the hub assembly soon) and the ignition coil on the number 3 cylinder, Mine doesn't have any issues like that. I paid $2800 for it and have never looked back. I do have to do a fluid change in the front and rear diff and transfer case but that is just so i know when they are done.

Good luck with your truck. They are good vehicles once the normal maintenance is done.

nopaybob

Apr 3, 2013
kade said:
Holy crap...I believe you've just put a bad taste in my mouth for these vehicles. Yea, fixing my issues and getting rid of this thing.

LOL ,Its not all bad. I paid 3000 for it and have roughly 1000 to 1200 in parts including the tires
I've done all the repairs myself except the alignment and tire mounting and balance.
but yeah never ending, today my external ambient temp sensor flaked out that part is gonna add another 8 bucks

I think I'm going to make a list of parts and cost in my profile just to keep track

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Phantom said:
I guess its all in how the previous owners take care of them. I have a 2002 LTZ with 165000 miles on it and i do have a slight humming noise in the front passenger side. (going to replace the hub assembly soon) and the ignition coil on the number 3 cylinder, Mine doesn't have any issues like that. I paid $2800 for it and have never looked back.

I feel like I should have paid around $3k for mine. From what they sold me, it is all about the previous owners. I think dealerships should have to do a mandatory checklist before any car is out on the lot for sale. I'm just as guilty as the dealership for not checking the things mentioned in my video. I just never had thought that anyone could be so dishonest. Plus, who the hell blasts the radio and rolls all the windows down on a test drive? I just wasn't thinking about those things. Now I know.

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
nopaybob said:
LOL ,Its not all bad. I paid 3000 for it and have roughly 1000 to 1200 in parts including the tires
I've done all the repairs myself except the alignment and tire mounting and balance.
but yeah never ending, today my external ambient temp sensor flaked out that part is gonna add another 8 bucks

I think I'm going to make a list of parts and cost in my profile just to keep track

All receipts are on eBay archive or in my glovebox. I'm pretty sure I'll be up there in the 4-digit range after I bring it to the body shop for the leaks.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
kade said:
I feel like I should have paid around $3k for mine. From what they sold me, it is all about the previous owners. I think dealerships should have to do a mandatory checklist before any car is out on the lot for sale. I'm just as guilty as the dealership for not checking the things mentioned in my video. I just never had thought that anyone could be so dishonest. Plus, who the hell blasts the radio and rolls all the windows down on a test drive? I just wasn't thinking about those things. Now I know.

Alot of dealers will simply put the car on the lot and mark it up. My wife (Voymom) traded in her 2004 Toyota camry for a pos rendevous and all the dealer did was re sticker it for almost 5 grand than what they gave her for it. It did have a couple of issues and they didn't fix them.

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Phantom said:
Alot of dealers will simply put the car on the lot and mark it up. My wife (Voymom) traded in her 2004 Toyota camry for a pos rendevous and all the dealer did was re sticker it for almost 5 grand than what they gave her for it. It did have a couple of issues and they didn't fix them.

Almost exactly what they did to me. Told me $7900. Told him no. Called back and they went down to $6800. Still above Kelly Blue Book.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
And I thought I had it bad with the Envoy....

I had to replace the blower motor the day after I brought it home, dead of winter, 4 kids, and NO HEAT, wasn't necessarily fun. Then I had to change the thermostat, after the thermostat came the water pump, fuel level sensor, CPAS, CPS, and about 50 other failed up keep on regular maintenance. Not to mention, I had a serious issue with the clear coat peeling and had to have the truck completely repainted, and the front passenger fender fixed because someone at the dealership ran into something.

Keep in mind that you can run into vehicles in this poor shape in private party sales as well. A lot of people will run into problem after problem and turn around and pawn those problems on someone else. There is always a "reason" why the vehicles are for sale, it's up to the buyers to figure out what that reason is, whether there are some major issues with it, or the seller needs to downgrade or upgrade.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Phantom said:

And let's not forget that I traded that POS Rendezvus in for the Envoy. They gave me a $4000.00 trade in on it, and then put the POS on their lot for almost $10,000. I had a hard enough time selling it privately for $2500.00 and could not believe that the thing sold in less than a month :lipsrsealed:

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Voymom said:
And I thought I had it bad with the Envoy....

I had to replace the blower motor the day after I brought it home, dead of winter, 4 kids, and NO HEAT, wasn't necessarily fun. Then I had to change the thermostat, after the thermostat came the water pump, fuel level sensor, CPAS, CPS, and about 50 other failed up keep on regular maintenance. Not to mention, I had a serious issue with the clear coat peeling and had to have the truck completely repainted, and the front passenger fender fixed because someone at the dealership ran into something.

Keep in mind that you can run into vehicles in this poor shape in private party sales as well. A lot of people will run into problem after problem and turn around and pawn those problems on someone else. There is always a "reason" why the vehicles are for sale, it's up to the buyers to figure out what that reason is, whether there are some major issues with it, or the seller needs to downgrade or upgrade.

Very true, I've heard stories. I just never thought an actual business would let this sort of thing prolong. First time at a dealership.
That just sucks. I thought my blower motor was out. Turns out it was the actuator. How much did it cost to paint a car that big?

- - - Updated - - -

Voymom said:
And let's not forget that I traded that POS Rendezvus in for the Envoy. They gave me a $4000.00 trade in on it, and then put the POS on their lot for almost $10,000. I had a hard enough time selling it privately for $2500.00 and could not believe that the thing sold in less than a month :lipsrsealed:

That's that hurt...

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
kade said:
Very true, I've heard stories. I just never thought an actual business would let this sort of thing prolong. First time at a dealership.
That just sucks. I thought my blower motor was out. Turns out it was the actuator. How much did it cost to paint a car that big?

- - - Updated - - -

That's that hurt...

That's the thing though, dealerships aren't really a business, I mean sure that's what they are classified as, but it's more like Professional Thief's. They don't care if that rig blows up and kills you and your entire family the minute you drive it off the lot. I was a pure bitch to the dealership I bought the Envoy from. They had it listed for $14,000 but had an internet price of $12,500. My husband and I agreed on $10,000 or walk...

Needless to say I got it for $10,000 but I still over paid lol but I was fine with that since it took about a dozen Envoy's and TB's before I found this truck, which was exactly what I wanted to begin with.

As far as how much I paid for the paint job...It was a lot :biggrin: would I do it again?? In heartbeat! It needs to be touched up since I have slight orange peel on it, but I got a warranty/contract with the paint job so it won't come out of pocket which is nice.

And I wasn't really but hurt over the dealership's listing price on the Rendezvous....I was just happy to be OUT of that thing! It was by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned, and I will never own another Buick if it were the last "make" on Earth.

We do love the 360's so much that we are planning on adding a 3rd one to the bunch, most likely will be a SWB Envoy, though I am quite fond of the TB's lol

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Voymom said:
That's the thing though, dealerships aren't really a business, I mean sure that's what they are classified as, but it's more like Professional Thief's. They don't care if that rig blows up and kills you and your entire family the minute you drive it off the lot. I was a pure bitch to the dealership I bought the Envoy from. They had it listed for $14,000 but had an internet price of $12,500. My husband and I agreed on $10,000 or walk...

Needless to say I got it for $10,000 but I still over paid lol but I was fine with that since it took about a dozen Envoy's and TB's before I found this truck, which was exactly what I wanted to begin with.

As far as how much I paid for the paint job...It was a lot :biggrin: would I do it again?? In heartbeat! It needs to be touched up since I have slight orange peel on it, but I got a warranty/contract with the paint job so it won't come out of pocket which is nice.

And I wasn't really but hurt over the dealership's listing price on the Rendezvous....I was just happy to be OUT of that thing! It was by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned, and I will never own another Buick if it were the last "make" on Earth.

We do love the 360's so much that we are planning on adding a 3rd one to the bunch, most likely will be a SWB Envoy, though I am quite fond of the TB's lol

I believe that first statement. It's just like the problems won't stop coming. I don't know what to do with the POS anymore. I really don't want to bring it to a shop, but I don't really have a place to park my car with all the leaks it's having. I feel that by the time I'm done with a few projects, the rest are going to cost a ton more than I expected because I let it go for so long. Minimum wage sucks :redface:

Aren't the Envoy, Rendezvous and trailblazer the same thing?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
kade said:
I believe that first statement. It's just like the problems won't stop coming. I don't know what to do with the POS anymore. I really don't want to bring it to a shop, but I don't really have a place to park my car with all the leaks it's having. I feel that by the time I'm done with a few projects, the rest are going to cost a ton more than I expected because I let it go for so long. Minimum wage sucks :redface:

Aren't the Envoy, Rendezvous and trailblazer the same thing?

Nope, The Envoy, Trailblazer and Rainier are pretty much the same exact vehicles. I believe the Saab 9-7x falls into that as well as the Oldsmobile Bravada.

The Rendezvous is a vehicle all in it's own lol...

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
the roadie said:

Not to :deadhorse:, but this sums up your situation.

kade said:

Out of my (4) vehicles I have owned this has been the most reliable, unfortunatley in your case it is quite the opposite. There are many members here well over 100,000 miles and have only encountered minimum issues. Preventative maintenance is key to the life of any vehicle no matter make or model. The dealer got you good, but as you are now aware, as a consumer you have your own responsiblities to ensure you are getting a quality product. Once you sell your TB I would recommend having a 3rd party mech or someone you know check the vehicle over top to bottom before signing the dotted line. :twocents:

Welcome and good luck with the TB. Hopefully if you decide/able to sell it, you can get your money back out of it.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Suspension includes all parts that connect the wheels to the rest of the vehicle. (you really want them to stay on:yes:)

worn parts can result in poor handling and if not operating properly can and will eat your tires. (they cost a pretty penny since they are a bit larger than your average econo-micro car.)

on the dealer, they deal with customers every day, and the days of local, lifetime relationship between dealer are over, unless you are related. most customers only buy a car once every few years. this deck is really stacked in the favor of the dealer. they are in this to make money, as much as possible, with as little expense. Profit.

only bright side is that these issues are magnified ten times when applied to a house purchase. so the lesson of checking details before purchase, and the advice of having more barganing position if you really can and are willing to walk away will apply.

htseat2000

Jan 25, 2013
makes me feel good about buying our 2003 envoy XL 4.2L last year. it had a car fax on it that showed all maint. it only had 100,000 miles on it when we bought it. fully loaded, air ride, leather, 4x4 digital dual climate control, and bose. with trading in the pos 2003 kia sorento, we paid 5400 for it. have put 14,000 miles on it and only things i have done to it since owened is regular oil changes, new ac delco iridium plugs, add a can of freon, and change rear air bags and shocks. do need to change front shocks and front end stabilizer links though and to all the fluid changes, but other than that it has been a very good vehicle.

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Voymom said:
Nope, The Envoy, Trailblazer and Rainier are pretty much the same exact vehicles. I believe the Saab 9-7x falls into that as well as the Oldsmobile Bravada.

The Rendezvous is a vehicle all in it's own lol...

I'll make sure and stay away from the Rendezvous when I start shopping for another vehicle.

dmanns67 said:
Not to :deadhorse:, but this sums up your situation.

Out of my (4) vehicles I have owned this has been the most reliable, unfortunatley in your case it is quite the opposite. There are many members here well over 100,000 miles and have only encountered minimum issues. Preventative maintenance is key to the life of any vehicle no matter make or model. The dealer got you good, but as you are now aware, as a consumer you have your own responsiblities to ensure you are getting a quality product. Once you sell your TB I would recommend having a 3rd party mech or someone you know check the vehicle over top to bottom before signing the dotted line. :twocents:

Welcome and good luck with the TB. Hopefully if you decide/able to sell it, you can get your money back out of it.

It was most definitely my fault on failure to research and letting the pressure get to me to buy a new car. It still doesn't excuse the way they handled my needs.
This car is definitely being sold after I fix all the problems in it. Do I need to go to a body shop for my window(box right side and windshield) leaks?

meerschm said:
Suspension includes all parts that connect the wheels to the rest of the vehicle. (you really want them to stay on:yes:)

worn parts can result in poor handling and if not operating properly can and will eat your tires. (they cost a pretty penny since they are a bit larger than your average econo-micro car.)

on the dealer, they deal with customers every day, and the days of local, lifetime relationship between dealer are over, unless you are related. most customers only buy a car once every few years. this deck is really stacked in the favor of the dealer. they are in this to make money, as much as possible, with as little expense. Profit.

only bright side is that these issues are magnified ten times when applied to a house purchase. so the lesson of checking details before purchase, and the advice of having more barganing position if you really can and are willing to walk away will apply.

Well, when the company is owned by about 5 people with the same last name, that's how it is. BUT, they all have an office in the same building that I bought the car in. He wants to tell me to be a man instead of using social media to tell him my problems. Don't you think the word got around that I was having problems? Why didn't he man up and take ownership of his turf, give me some answers and not wait until 50 days later? That's what really pissed me off. Just being sent here and there without help.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
kade said:
Because this is all true information and I'm not bad mouthing anyone, I can't necessarily get in trouble right?
Telling the truth is a perfect defense against a charge of libel. Note how restaurant and movie reviewers don't get sued even if they call an eatery or film a "stinkeroo." That's a personal opinion, which is protected 1st Amendment speech. In your case, assuming you have logs and a timeline, all they can do is sputter ineffectively and let karma bite 'em on the ass. Did you Yelp 'em yet?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
kade said:
I'll make sure and stay away from the Rendezvous when I start shopping for another vehicle.

It was most definitely my fault on failure to research and letting the pressure get to me to buy a new car. It still doesn't excuse the way they handled my needs.
This car is definitely being sold after I fix all the problems in it. Do I need to go to a body shop for my window(box right side and windshield) leaks?

Well, when the company is owned by about 5 people with the same last name, that's how it is. BUT, they all have an office in the same building that I bought the car in. He wants to tell me to be a man instead of using social media to tell him my problems. Don't you think the word got around that I was having problems? Why didn't he man up and take ownership of his turf, give me some answers and not wait until 50 days later? That's what really pissed me off. Just being sent here and there without help.

Rendezvous are junk and maintenance is far more expensive. The gmt-360/370 is a cheap platform for mantenance and repairs.

Not sure what you expected. You bought it with no warranty. You drove it off the lot. They were and are done with you(providing they fix the rear window, the only fix they owe you). You have no basis for any bitching. These videos are just going to make it more difficult on you to get that.

"I didn't know that "no warranty" meant "sold as-is"." does not give you the right to slander them. I would not fault them for suing you at this point.

Man up. You did not check the vehicle out, You did not understand how you were buying it, You are the one with the responsiblities. They sold you a vehicle and you have that vehicle, they did their part. They do not have any more responsibility. They do not owe you leaks fixed. They do not owe you suspension work. They do not owe you speakers or a fix for key not working or the window regulators or the actuators... You bought as is. Not their responsibility. Quit bitching and fix it.

You bought it over KBB...your fault, not screwed by them. You f'ed up. You can obviously see there were issues when you test drove and bought it...it clearly was not in Excellent condition by any shape of the word. Had they demanded 100K and you paid it...it still is not in excellent condition. Price does not dictate condition.

You showed up with a bunch of cash and wanted a car...you got it. They did not give you a warranty. Other than the rear window...its on you. Quit wasting time whining, fix it, and learn from YOUR mistake.

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
htseat2000 said:
makes me feel good about buying our 2003 envoy XL 4.2L last year. it had a car fax on it that showed all maint. it only had 100,000 miles on it when we bought it. fully loaded, air ride, leather, 4x4 digital dual climate control, and bose. with trading in the pos 2003 kia sorento, we paid 5400 for it. have put 14,000 miles on it and only things i have done to it since owened is regular oil changes, new ac delco iridium plugs, add a can of freon, and change rear air bags and shocks. do need to change front shocks and front end stabilizer links though and to all the fluid changes, but other than that it has been a very good vehicle.

Glad you're having better luck than I :smile:

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
the roadie said:
Telling the truth is a perfect defense against a charge of libel. Note how restaurant and movie reviewers don't get sued even if they call an eatery or film a "stinkeroo." That's a personal opinion, which is protected 1st Amendment speech. In your case, assuming you have logs and a timeline, all they can do is sputter ineffectively and let karma bite 'em on the ass. Did you Yelp 'em yet?

I've written a Yelp review and filed a complaint to the BBB.
If that's the case. I'll be posting reviews of all my repairs just so they'll have to hear from me until the car is sold :biggrin:

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
Rendezvous are junk and maintenance is far more expensive. The gmt-360/370 is a cheap platform for mantenance and repairs.

Not sure what you expected. You bought it with no warranty. You drove it off the lot. They were and are done with you(providing they fix the rear window, the only fix they owe you). You have no basis for any bitching. These videos are just going to make it more difficult on you to get that.

"I didn't know that "no warranty" meant "sold as-is"." does not give you the right to slander them. I would not fault them for suing you at this point.

Man up. You did not check the vehicle out, You did not understand how you were buying it, You are the one with the responsiblities. They sold you a vehicle and you have that vehicle, they did their part. They do not have any more responsibility. They do not owe you leaks fixed. They do not owe you suspension work. They do not owe you speakers or a fix for key not working or the window regulators or the actuators... You bought as is. Not their responsibility. Quit bitching and fix it.

You bought it over KBB...your fault, not screwed by them. You f'ed up. You can obviously see there were issues when you test drove and bought it...it clearly was not in Excellent condition by any shape of the word. Had they demanded 100K and you paid it...it still is not in excellent condition. Price does not dictate condition.

You showed up with a bunch of cash and wanted a car...you got it. They did not give you a warranty. Other than the rear window...its on you. Quit wasting time whining, fix it, and learn from YOUR mistake.

I don't believe there was any slander. I'm just reviewing my car and issues I've had since buying it. If they don't thoroughly check their trade-ins, I think other people should know about their used car practices.

The only issues the car had was the back glass. Since then everything else is happening. Never thought to drive it through a carwash on the test drive to check for leaks, thinking that it was on the lot they would lock the doors and tell me if one was broken. The windows weren't that big of a deal to change, but all these leaks will have to be repaired by a body shop. It's just hard to pay for that kind of stuff working fast food. All I'm talking about... I'm going to fix it, but I'm not going down like a bitch.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
kade said:
I don't believe there was any slander. I'm just reviewing my car and issues I've had since buying it. If they don't thoroughly check their trade-ins, I think other people should know about their used car practices.

The only issues the car had was the back glass. Since then everything else is happening. Never thought to drive it through a carwash on the test drive to check for leaks, thinking that it was on the lot they would lock the doors and tell me if one was broken. The windows weren't that big of a deal to change, but all these leaks will have to be repaired by a body shop. It's just hard to pay for that kind of stuff working fast food. All I'm talking about... I'm going to fix it, but I'm not going down like a bitch.

They have no requirement or expectation to check trade-in or auction cars for as-is sales. You are out of line to expect that. I bought more than one vehicle that had a major drivetrain failure in less than 30 days of purchase from a dealer. Blown motor and a trans failure come to mind. I bought as-is and never even contacted the dealer. I was not entitled to a warranty after the fact or juvenile enough to blame them for me not checking the fluids or having a 3rd party inspect the vehicle. I definitely did not put stuff out on the internet because I failed as a buyer. You look like a cry-baby by doing so.

Per your own acknowledgement..."the only issues the car had was the back glass". This they agreed to fix. The rest is on you. The expectation of any coverage for things past that is pure ignorance on your part.

Knowing tons of car salesman and multiple dealers...there is a huge chance they did not know anything about the vehicle and probably never drove it or even sat in it. I don't shop dealers because they are the worst place to buy a vehicle. Far safer to buy from an individual. Dealer are the sweat shops of cars sales...move as much product as possible and make as much money as possible without paying anything out. They don't care and you think that they did in your transaction.

signalnc

Dec 28, 2012
sorry, but I would not buy a car from someone named Bubba in the first place...but seriously; I did a google search and typical he owns multiple dealerships, which means stay away because they don't have to give you a good deal because they have the local market locked up. They border on monopoly laws, and free market competition. Same here in the raleigh, NC area. Dealerships are real arrogant. The one Honda dealership actually told my mom that if she goes to the other Honda dealer, she is going to get the same price because they are owned by the same people.

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
They have no requirement or expectation to check trade-in or auction cars for as-is sales. You are out of line to expect that. I bought more than one vehicle that had a major drivetrain failure in less than 30 days of purchase from a dealer. Blown motor and a trans failure come to mind. I bought as-is and never even contacted the dealer. I was not entitled to a warranty after the fact or juvenile enough to blame them for me not checking the fluids or having a 3rd party inspect the vehicle. I definitely did not put stuff out on the internet because I failed as a buyer. You look like a cry-baby by doing so.

Per your own acknowledgement..."the only issues the car had was the back glass". This they agreed to fix. The rest is on you. The expectation of any coverage for things past that is pure ignorance on your part.

Knowing tons of car salesman and multiple dealers...there is a huge chance they did not know anything about the vehicle and probably never drove it or even sat in it. I don't shop dealers because they are the worst place to buy a vehicle. Far safer to buy from an individual. Dealer are the sweat shops of cars sales...move as much product as possible and make as much money as possible without paying anything out. They don't care and you think that they did in your transaction.

Well, I guess we are just in disagreement...

kade

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
signalnc said:
sorry, but I would not buy a car from someone named Bubba in the first place...but seriously; I did a google search and typical he owns multiple dealerships, which means stay away because they don't have to give you a good deal because they have the local market locked up. They border on monopoly laws, and free market competition. Same here in the raleigh, NC area. Dealerships are real arrogant. The one Honda dealership actually told my mom that if she goes to the other Honda dealer, she is going to get the same price because they are owned by the same people.

That's crazy man. Sounds exactly like the guys down here. Only people they appeal to are the ones with money. But yea, they are just moving product. Just so happens to be cars.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online