Dead 4.2 swap to 6.0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's a good example of why you don't swerve crazy to avoid a deer. Far better to nail the deer than to flip your vehicle.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You know what, if you get that SS and the frame is intact, just swap the body!

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
felicie said:
I was reading that you bought a G80 for the swap. You may need check or Mooseman can look at his, but I believe that the SS's came a 9.5 rear I believe.
I bought the G80 a couple of years ago unfortunately it's the 8.0. If attempting to buy this SS doesn't work out I will be looking into replacing the rear end as well.

Mooseman said:
You know what, if you get that SS and the frame is intact, just swap the body!
That's not a bad idea at all it would take a lot less time to do so.

Reactions: Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I believe one member on the forum did a frame swap or at least looking at doing it to swap from a I6 to V8. That's actually the book way of swapping the engine out by lifting the body off the frame. Found this video that gives a good look at what's involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSukLMLZy48

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
I don't know if this is just me or not but when I'm selling something on eBay I answer buyers questions. This seller is taken his sweet time, I guess he doesn't need that $6,000.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Decembersend said:
I don't know if this is just me or not but when I'm selling something on eBay I answer buyers questions. This seller is taken his sweet time, I guess he doesn't need that $6,000.
He is a little casual on the email questions but, did get back to me. He does list a phone number, have you tried calling him?....Mike.

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
northcreek said:
He is a little casual on the email questions but, did get back to me. He does list a phone number, have you tried calling him?....Mike.
Honestly I didn't even see a phone number. I'm going to call him then. Thanks

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've got alarm bells going off. May not be legit.

Reactions: Blckshdw

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Decembersend said:
I called the phone number and it's a bad phone number :hissyfit:
The guy has a 99.6 FB rating and over 4,000 sales so he's no doubt legit. He lists another number in his other sales 609 202 7919 and judging from feedback info I think that he may still be recovering from the wreck. I wouldn't give up, these don't come along every day....Mike :thumbsup:

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
northcreek said:
The guy has a 99.6 FB rating and over 4,000 sales so he's no doubt legit. He lists another number in his other sales 609 202 7919 and judging from feedback info I think that he may still be recovering from the wreck. I wouldn't give up, these don't come along every day....Mike :thumbsup:
I'm not going to give up and thanks for finding that number for me. I just tried to call it and I got to voicemail but it told me the voicemail wasn't setup yet.

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Thanks again northcreek I was able to get a hold of the guy using that phone number. Everything seems legit he sounds like a good guy.

He said he doesn't believe there to be any frame damage so I may just swap the body over :biggrin:. He also said he is out of town traveling to NJ and he'll be back next Tuesday and he'll call me Monday with his address so Mark can go look at it for me.

I'm excited now :biggrin: :cool:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Decembersend said:
Thanks again northcreek I was able to get a hold of the guy using that phone number. Everything seems legit he sounds like a good guy.

He said he doesn't believe there to be any frame damage so I may just swap the body over :biggrin:. He also said he is out of town traveling to NJ and he'll be back next Tuesday and he'll call me Monday with his address so Mark can go look at it for me.

I'm excited now :biggrin: :cool:
Sweet ! I'm getting excited to follow your project....Mike.

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
Not sure if it was you or not, But i clicked on that link and it says that it is sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to GOD that youare the buyer!

Reactions: Decembersend

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Charley12 said:
Not sure if it was you or not, But i clicked on that link and it says that it is sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to GOD that youare the buyer!
SOB It wasn't me. However after reading this I called the seller and he said he wasn't even aware that it sold. He said he's going to honor my offer because I called first. So fingers crossed.

Reactions: Blckshdw

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Decembersend said:
SOB It wasn't me. However after reading this I called the seller and he said he wasn't even aware that it sold. He said he's going to honor my offer because I called first. So fingers crossed.
I'm sure he also knows that by selling to you he also avoids all of Ebay and PayPal's exorbitant fees....Mike

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
northcreek said:
I'm sure he also knows that by selling to you he also avoids all of Ebay and PayPal's absorbidant fees....Mike
I talked to him yesterday about that as well.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: So, what are you gonna do with those SS rims (if they are in good condition
wish.gif
)

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Either Decembersend is so busy tearing the SS apart or the unthinkable happened....as in botched deal :redface:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I know MarkMC is a pretty busy dude, he's never on here anymore, so I dunno if he was able to get over there and look at it yet.

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Well bad news guys the seller screwed me over and didn't hold to his word. Some A****** bought it on eBay and the seller said he would cancel it and accept my offer. Well he didn't, so now it's back to square one. I'm going to continue to look for a donor and continue to save to do it from scratch.

If anyone runs into a donor please PM me. Thank everyone

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Too bad, that was something that you would have had to jump on pretty quick, I still can't believe that it lasted on ebay as long as it did ....Mike.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
BTW, don't limit your searches just for TB SS but look for Saab 9-7x Aero, which had the 6.0L, same as the SS. Differences were the single exhaust and the 3.73 posi rear.

Finding a 6.0L will be hard. Have you thought about getting a 5.3L? Probably easier to find a complete rolling chassis in that configuration.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Decembersend said:
Well bad news guys the seller screwed me over and didn't hold to his word. Some A****** bought it on eBay and the seller said he would cancel it and accept my offer. Well he didn't, so now it's back to square one. I'm going to continue to look for a donor and continue to save to do it from scratch.

If anyone runs into a donor please PM me. Thank everyone
Wow what a Douchebag....
We were all hoping you'd score it. Some people just don't have good business manners [emoji53]

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
northcreek said:
Too bad, that was something that you would have had to jump on pretty quick, I still can't believe that it lasted on ebay as long as it did ....Mike.
I should've jumped on when I first seen it :frown:, the search will continue.

Mooseman said:
BTW, don't limit your searches just for TB SS but look for Saab 9-7x Aero, which had the 6.0L, same as the SS. Differences were the single exhaust and the 3.73 posi rear.

Finding a 6.0L will be hard. Have you thought about getting a 5.3L? Probably easier to find a complete rolling chassis in that configuration.
I never thought about the Saab :undecided:, if I find one I'll just have to upgrade the Diffs.

I'm definitely set on the 6.0L it will be tough to find but I will :yes:

Capote said:
Wow what a Douchebag....
We were all hoping you'd score it. Some people just don't have good business manners [emoji53]
Yep so was I, I was trying not to get my hopes up but I did then of course I was let down. :frown: :hissyfit:

Mounce said:
I was scared that he was going to do that. :no:

Good luck!

Thank you! Something else will come up

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Can anyone confirm whether or not the BCM has to be changed? What about the internal wire harness?

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
BlazingTrails said:
Good business was to sell to the highest offer? He is a stranger and owes no one here anything. Just my opinion.
Yes! the best time to buy something like that is when you see it. And the seller sells quite a bit on Ebay, he was risking neg feedback and Ebay intervention if he didn't honor the highest bid.Like they say "you snooze...you lose".
I'm sure Decembersend will show great resolve when the next one comes up :yes: ...Mike.

Reactions: Wph84

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
BlazingTrails said:
Good business was to sell to the highest offer? He is a stranger and owes no one here anything. Just my opinion.
The highest bid had nothing to do with it. I was offering him what he wanted plus without eBay fees because it would've been in person. The fact of the matter is he strung me along just in case the other sell fell through that's the biggest reason I'm pissed.

northcreek said:
Yes! the best time to buy something like that is when you see it. And the seller sells quite a bit on Ebay, he was risking neg feedback and Ebay intervention if he didn't honor the highest bid.Like they say "you snooze...you lose".
I'm sure Decembersend will show great resolve when the next one comes up :yes: ...Mike.
Normally yes but when you talk to a person over the phone for 30mins and then continue to communicate with him for two weeks via text and phone calls, he should honor the verbal agreement. I know negative feedback might hurt but he has so much positive it'll be buried.

I think I found another one and I'm not going to say where until I have it in my hands.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Decembersend said:
The highest bid had nothing to do with it. I was offering him what he wanted plus without eBay fees because it would've been in person. The fact of the matter is he strung me along just in case the other sell fell through that's the biggest reason I'm pissed.

Normally yes but when you talk to a person over the phone for 30mins and then continue to communicate with him for two weeks via text and phone calls, he should honor the verbal agreement. I know negative feedback might hurt but he has so much positive it'll be buried.

I think I found another one and I'm not going to say where until I have it in my hands.
Wow..seems like the seller decided to do the easy thing while screwing you over in the process. Watch his feedback from the sale, he might stll get a neg when the buyer finds the "engine mount boss" broken off of the block.... :rotfl: :rotfl: Mike.
ps good luck stalking your new find.

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Well I ended up buying a engine off eBay.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS LS2 Engine Auto Transmission AWD 6.0 Liter 69k

NEW IN STOCK! SPECIAL 6 month WARRANTY
2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS LS2 Package- 6.0 Liter 390hp
69000 miles
4L80e AWD Auto Transmission,
ECM and factory Engine Wiring Harness
Included:
All belt driven accessories such as A/C Compressor, Power Steering Pump, Alternator
Starter
Exhaust manifolds
All Sensors on Engine
MAF Sensor and plumbing to MAF
Trans Crossmember
Pedals
Driveshafts with yokes AND rear shaft as well
Dress up Engine Cover (has some flaws)
Complete from fuel injection to oil pan!!
FAN NOT INCLUDED
This engine and transmission runs excellent and is perfect for streetrod project or replacement. The LS2 is an all aluminum 6.0 Liter engine that was removed from a Trailblazer SS. This is THE MUST HAVE engine!! The LS series engines, which this is based on, have proven themselves extremely versitile and reliable in both Corvette and F-Body platforms. We have sold over 1000 LS1 engines in the past three years! This is for the builder who wants the best.
AWD AUTO TRANSMISSION, best of BOTH worlds!
The seller hooked me up too he included the Transfer case and front differential. I also bought the rear differential.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Nice find, are you driving to Pa. or doing the shipping? The $350 flat rate shipping seems pretty fair for something that heavy. Should be a fun project :wooot: Mike.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
No fan included? You know what that means! Big beefy radiator and e-fans FTW!! :biggrin: Nice find, that package covers a lot of stuff you won't have to go find on your own.

Decembersend

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
northcreek said:
Nice find, are you driving to Pa. or doing the shipping? The $350 flat rate shipping seems pretty fair for something that heavy. Should be a fun project :wooot: Mike.

I'm having it shipped to my office here in Sarasota. It'll sit here until I rip out the old engine, but being that I bought the engine breaking it down the old one is going to be a lot faster now.

It's def. going to be a fun project. I wasn't able to find anybody that has done it before, lots of I'm going to do this.

Blckshdw said:
No fan included? You know what that means! Big beefy radiator and e-fans FTW!! :biggrin: Nice find, that package covers a lot of stuff you won't have to go find on your own.
Yep that was the plan, I was telling my wife why waste the money on subpar cooling so I'm going with the best just need to find out what radiator to get. I'm a little concerned though because of the one Jimmy bought had so many issues. Efans are a must.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online