Craigslist, Marketplace, Kijiji morons

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Very confusing. They were still making Jimmys in 2007? Maybe he meant a Yukon and it's a V8?

So I guess you're still looking? :biggrin:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Very confusing. They were still making Jimmys in 2007? Maybe he meant a Yukon and it's a V8?

So I guess you're still looking? :biggrin:
Im always looking for a cheap flip (my little side hustle). But otherwise, no.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Well to start it's not a Denali (see SLT on post) so can any of this be true ?

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This one has the ultra-rare enclosed bed with barn doors :laugh:

Silveravan.png

• Love
Reactions: Matt and northcreek

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
What do you think would be a fair offer ?.....I don't want to insult the guy.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Can this even be legal ?

"If you want to become an auto dealer you will need certain things, when you apply. You need a properly zoned and approved business location,,, you need an office to keep your records,,, and an address to recieve your mail [mail box]. I have what you need to satisfy this part of the DMV regulations. For $200.00 per month i can rent you an approved sales location and office. 15 minutes from ADESA, Once you have obtained your license, you can operate where ever you want, I am only renting the address and office to satisfy DMV You will not be able to sell any vehicles here"

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, that would be for wannabe curbsiders.

• Wow
Reactions: northcreek

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not a moron but a WTF is this?

WTF Harley.png

Description reads:
Pontiac fiero trike no papers does not run at the moment fun project bike has v6 motor needs starter and some tlc looking for best offer or trade will not answer stupid questions if your interested come see bike engine just for looks but is a vintage triumph 650 might be good for parts make an offer or trade you never know

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Yep, that's a British Vertical Twin w/ gearbox, on-board. But it does look like he put a Harley gas tank / speedo on it? (and, hey, it's got Kuryakyn grips!)

My first bike was a Yamaha with this engine (of note, it had kick *and* electric start, and more often than not, I used the kick, as it was a really retro-looking bike (down to the spoke wheels, like a bicycle).

Still got the rear wheel attached, too. Wish we could see how he's got the shift / throttle linkage hooked up.

Great idea (mount V6 car motor to bike) with p!ss-poor design / execution.

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
This guy overpaid for his 4.2 V8 Envoy and he wants to pass that on to any interested parties. Plus he just bought it, all the way from Utah to realize "gee I really needed a pick up" oh well used Michelins will make it better.

Last edited:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
"4300 firm and I mean 4300 firm."

I'll give you $2500 for it, cash, today. With the Michelins. Whaddaya say?
::holds hand out to shake, while smiling broadly:: :dielaugh:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
$2500 and Keep your old dry rotted Michelins. :dielaugh:

Machoman

Mar 10, 2014
This guy overpaid for his 4.2 V8 Envoy and he wants to pass that on to any interested parties. Plus he just bought it, all the way from Utah to realize "gee I really needed a pick up" oh well used Michelins will make it better.

Looks like a straight 6 not an 8 cylinder to me.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Me think me need Engrish think

Think.png

I think feeling not better see you.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Not an idiot, except for the "can still be driven "part. This could be a reasonable project for someone.

2005 GMC ENVOY DENALI, 159,000 miles. Interior is in good condition, heated seats good glass. New tires put on 2 months before it was parked in 2019 due to hitting a deer only damage done was a crack in bumper and came off the mounts. Can't get back hatch to open can't figure it out. Runs and drives as it should, V8 4wd and clean title.
Needs O2 sensors installed have all 4 brand new in the box. That's the only code it has.
Will also need a set of $150 air shocks for the rear, can still be driven as is but would be a better ride with new ones.
$1500 firm price will go up as I fix it

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
It's a good thing I'm 800mi away. For $1500, I'd buy it. Even if I parted out the driveline, I'd come out ahead. Or I could hop up the LH6 and drop it in my XL.
The possibilities are endless! LOL

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
NY State? I've seen some of the vehicles there and it's rust galore so beware on the underside. Apart from that, seems like all easy fixes. Maybe a tad overpriced except those new tires and Denali option prop up the price.

Reactions: Reprise

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
What can I say? :hopeless: It looked good at 2am (but so do a lot of things) :nono:

Thankfully, I'm not so impulsive as to actually pull the trigger on something like this. And I've got enough projects swapping in/out of the garage on a regular basis, not to mention that there's no reason at all to swap out the engine in the Voy right now.

But, yeah... it's a nice thought to envision a fix & flip. That's as far as it goes :rolleyes:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
NY State? I've seen some of the vehicles there and it's rust galore so beware on the underside
That's the assumption that most have but, a lot of people drive winter beaters around here to avoid the salt. Not saying it is the case here but, case in point, my neighbor has an 05 Envoy 4x4 that he stores in the winter and drives his 96 Bonneville. So you can find gems even in the rust belt states.

Reactions: Mooseman

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
$70,000 ??...this guy has to be hitting the pipe...

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
$70,000 ??...this guy has to be hitting the pipe...

Lol!! Is he offering up the three or four other Yugos he needed as spare parts donors to keep that one going? And SS? Must have been the tail end models that had the 1.3L engine...

Had to check the date and make sure we hadn't gone back to April 1st! Though hopefully this seller just has a really good sense of humor...or sarcasm... :wink:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I know why he's asking so much:
New oil, key, and caps for the valve stems.

Must have been original parts from Yugoslavia!

Ah, and they're not that rare:
The Yugo was marketed in the United States from 1985 to 1992 by Malcolm Bricklin, with a total of 141,651 sold – peaking at 48,812 in 1987 and falling to 1,412 in 1992.

In comparison, there were only 15,893 Holden built Caprices sold in Canada and the US between 2011 and 2017, mine being probably the only one here. Maybe I should sell mine for $100k :laugh:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Classic. :laugh: Even comes with the ultra-rare broom stick liftgate holder.

Classic.png

RARE 1984 Chevy Citation II Hatchback. Has a Swapped 3400cc SFI V6 engine (195HP/210TQ), 3speed Automatic, PS, PDB. Excellent OEM interior. Rust Free! NEW:: Battery, Brakes, Tires, Muffler, Wipers, Coil springs & rear Coilover Shocks. Newer custom paint w/Cowel Hood and Stripes (3 years ago?). Runs & drives good. Might consider interesting trades? Prefer call/text [hidden information]

It's $4300 overpriced. It's a classic POS. I should know, I owned one! (It took a lot for me to admit that :redface:)

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Definition of citation · 1 : an official order to appear in court

Which is what this guy should be getting for wasting a perfectly serviceable 3400 engine.:popo:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
You would be surprised to know, one of the forums I moderate is for that car (affectionately known as the X-Body, kissing cousin to the A-Body). And there are certain members that will go ape shit for that car.

We --DID-- have a member who had 6 Citations.. Dont remember the years, but they were all progressively powered..
2.8 with 5 speed
3.1 with 5 speed
3400 Auto (that looks exactly like this one??)
4.5 Cadi with Auto
4.9 Cadi with Auto
3.8SC L67 5 speed.

Key word is DID, after he ripped me off personally, I banned him.

• Angry
Reactions: Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I also owned a Pontiac Phoenix. The body on the Citation was disintegrating but the Iron Duke was still running well. The Phoenix had a knocking 2.8 so I swapped the Duke into the Phoenix and I had a running car for a couple of years. Both were 3 speed auto.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I don't imagine that this guy's phone is ringing night and day....

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Under the Auto-Parts section.. I would bet its a Salvage rebuild

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Under the Auto-Parts section.. I would bet its a Salvage rebuild
You got me thinking so I emailed the seller and this was his reply:
"It’s brand new with clean title"
So maybe it's buyer's remorse or it doesn't pull that RV too well... :biggrin:

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
You got me thinking so I emailed the seller and this was his reply:
"It’s brand new with clean title"
So maybe it's buyer's remorse or it doesn't pull that RV too well... :biggrin:
Or it could be brand new with a clean title, but was wrecked and rebuilt. In either case, I still wouldnt touch it. Just dont like what those have become.

Reactions: Mooseman

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Or it could be brand new with a clean title, but was wrecked and rebuilt. In either case, I still wouldnt touch it. Just dont like what those have become.
No, I asked if it was a salvaged or rebuilt vehicle, seller said no. At any rate, using the TB name on that pos is blasphemy...

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
"still has a ton of life left in her has 228,803 miles on it"
At 229k a ton seems a tad much...

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online