Craigslist, Marketplace, Kijiji morons

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
clmoron.JPG

I've been looking for a 00-06 gen Tahoe and during my travels I come across a lot of posts like this where people want thousands of dollars for a vehicle but won't fix "minor" things. You do get a free diaguessnostic (this is a term coined by the roadie, gotta give credit where it's due).

This moron couldn't put a pair of $0.001 fuses to fix the rear wiper or the check engine light, but reassures us that the check engine light can't be that bad. I don't get it - $3500 and he can't install a couple of fuses?

I looked at a 98 Grand Am from CL a few weeks ago that "only needed an $80 o2 sensor"....the converter was so plugged up I was waiting for the y pipe to start glowing and explode. I offered her $80 for it. Denied.

I looked at an a 97 K1500 from CL that "just needed a $25 heater hose"....the intake gasket was leaking so bad that you could see it dripping off the drivers side of the block (heater hoses on pass side). I offered him $25 for it. Denied.

Anyway I'm not going to post links of the gems that I find so we don't end up with a thread full of dead links.

BTW I like that the new attachment system lets us place the attachments where we want them....that's dope. :cool:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
wow.... check engine light can't be that bad......

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It comes on so you know the engine is still there.

Reactions: DDonnie and Porkins

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
It's a check engine light, not a fix something light! Then when it dies it will need an alternator.

Reactions: DDonnie

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Give him a bonus

Reactions: Blckshdw

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
It comes on so you know the engine is still there.
Common misunderstanding. It's actually an indicator that you need to check if the engine is still there. A cursory opening of the hood should turn it off.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I knew I was missing something

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ghoster said:
I used electrical tape to turn mine off.
will scotch work.cause I on a budget

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
clmoron2.JPG

I want to know what the mysterious trans sensor is. A lot of vehicles just need this $50 magic sensor to fix the trans. The last one that I looked at had a valid input shaft speed but no output (clutches smoked). The guy insisted that it just needed a sensor. I didn't even make him an offer.

Reactions: garywcook

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
It's a check engine light, not a fix something light! Then when it dies it will need an alternator.
Or a ignition switch.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ghoster said:
My absolute favorite is

"the a/c don't work, it just needs freon put in"
You know that's BS

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
clmoron3.JPG

$75 is just for the key. But he doesn't say that then it's off to the service department for programming. Plus the car has to be there to be programmed so unless you have the means to move the car, add a tow charge. My work went through this recently and it came to close to $200 not including the tow.

+1 cool point for mentioning a trans problem despite the car not being able to be roadtested beforehand
+1 cool point for not saying that the trans needs the $50 magic sensor

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Pissed off a guy on craigslist the other day. Dumbass posted that he had a v6 in his tb so i texted him that he does not, in fact, have a v6. He was mad that i wasnt interested in buying it.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Probably has a half dozen comments about that already and no buyer's interest.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
MAY03LT said:
I've been looking for a 00-06 gen Tahoe
This is totally off topic but Brandon thanks for bumping this up! For some reason a few peeps think that I'm f-ing with them when I say it took us over a year to find the right Tahoe. This screenshot is all gonna be like IN YO FACE ya doubters!!!!

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I guess this fits this category. We have Kijiji instead of Craigslist (much better I think) but anyway, this guys doesn't know how to post a picture.

Upside down.jpg

And then I think... nah, couldn't do it twice? Check his other items for sale....

Upside down 2.jpg

Moron x 2!

Reactions: Blckshdw and Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Capote

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Pretty reassuring when they don't have an actual picture of the outside of the vehicle, just a stock image from when they were brand new...

Price don't sound extremely wild to me but they're likely over valuing the new radio and such..

(for US guys, 121,000km = 75,185.9 miles)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And says it's "very clean". He must have just vacuumed it.

Reactions: Capote and MAY03LT

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Invoy.jpg

1. He doesn't know how to spell Envoy TWICE!

2. He's asking too much with that mileage but it's a testament to its durability. 1.5 million KM?

3. No pic and description is pretty thin.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ottawa/2002-chevrolet-trailblazer-other/1094557005?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Stupid Kijiji poster.jpg

1- The first pic, which is what you'll see in the list of search results and the ad, is of the center console
2- There is no pic of the whole truck. Just bits and pieces, mostly of the interior, including two of the DVD player.
2- Description hurts the eyes and the brain to read:
Good terms ; Its a 4x4 car ,It as a new batterie , it as tires for all 4 seasons,DvD player,Cd player, The inside of the car is still in good condition and the chairs are in leather,The body of the car is still good,Bad Terms; Theirs certain problems with the menchanics ex: certains noice while driving. For the price of car can be disscussed.
Find a friend who speaks English!

Reactions: Sib and Capote

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online