Craigslist, Marketplace, Kijiji morons

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My DIL got caught by a curbsider, sold her a rebuilt titled Corolla. She did a Carfax only after I noticed some "things" weren't quite right with it and saw the rebuilt title. It was even on the registration. She as PISSED! He even said it was her mother's, which was BS.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Asshat selling his Envoy....:weird:
00R0R_apvL0WZQNmpz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpeg
2000 GMC Jimmy-Envoy for sale... 2000 OBO

What's New:
Master Cylinder, left front brake line, 4wd switch, transfer case motor, both upstream O2 sensors, Inspected in last month

This is to answer what's wrong with it...
It is power everything but has a few small glitches. The 4wd isn't working correctly, it's indicator on the dash is saying there is a problem with one of the lights... well they all work so it may need a little looking into. The power seats don't move and the heated seat on the drivers side does not heat. There is also a very inconsistent P0171 (Obviously it wasn't on last month when it was inspected)

The price is slightly negotiable BUT If you haven't seen the car in person, please don't make me offers. Low ball offers in person will be dismissed just like the question, "what is your lowest price" over text or email. Until you see the car in person, my lowest price is the price above.

Do not ask me to drive to your place or meet you somewhere to show you the car... I am not carvana.

If you need it delivered, it can be arranged however, delivery assumes you've already purchased the car. If you have and need delivery, (the car is legally on the road)... I can help with that depending on distance. I will not be delivering it out of state or half way across NY. If I'm delivering it, cash has already been received.

PS: If you're just on here because you're lonely, or bored or there is just nobody who wants to talk with you please refrain from contacting me. Opinions are neither required nor desired. I am selling a car, not looking for a chat buddy or random opinions from strangers. Nobody should have to block craigslist trolls. hint: You are one if... you are contacting people about cars you have no interest in, or can't afford.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Honestly, that's the state of trying to sell stuff online. He's likely been through this before.

Reactions: cornchip

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Huh, I've sold quite a bit of stuff this year (even a motorhome) and had good luck with the buyers, one guy actually bid up from what I was asking for a lawn mower. I probably just jinxed myself...:duh:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My experience is quite the opposite. Low balling price experts, asking for delivery, "is this still available?" only PMs, "where are you located?" despite my location in the ad and in the description with nearby major cross streets, no shows, "what is your lowest price?" despite "firm" or "non-negotiable" in the ad, etc, etc, etc...

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And people are crazy enough to pay that for a Jeep.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Hey ! ...how about a little love ...:loveintheair:

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
And people are crazy enough to pay that for a Jeep.
Sub $5K for a project is almost a steal. Jeeps in decent condition are fetching absolutely ridiculous prices. Have an original AMC V8? The price is even higher. Lunacy!! (And I say that as a Jeep owner)

Capture1.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: northcreek

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Guy I follow on YT, (Rainman Ray) is currently working on a Jeep project. Not sure on specifics but he's putting a large amount of work into it, supposedly for a customer. It's not anything pretty but it probably has a lot of value if brought back to running condition. There's just some vehicles that are highly sought after.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've seen postings like that on FB Marketplace. I think it's clickbait but why???

BTW, is Craigslist ever come to the 21st century? Still looks like something from the 1998.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
$7000, and it doesn't run. I've seen better looking ones in junkyards. Come to think of it... :undecided:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Those old Square Bodys are demanding a premium, and I cant figure out why...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And there's somebody out there crazy and able enough to pay it.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
With the "Glamor Era" trucks getting big money I guess the Square Bodies are next and $7k for a rust free example will interest someone.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I'm usually amazed at how little information CL sellers give when posting a vehicle for sale, however, this seller steps out of the mould big time...

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
This has be the worst attempt ever, of building a Street Rod...
00303_2CSQzUnqShIz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpeg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And the pics may not be representative of current state as they are from 2017.

You just have to look at its potential :laugh:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
And there is a fairly recent style NY plate on the back, so this abomination was actually on public roads (hopefully not when my kids were).
This doesn't even qualify as a Rat Rod since there is no indication that the builder had an actual plan in his head....

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I am tempted to call this one, and just say idiot, and hang up.

Beacon

Mar 22, 2019
SouthWestern PA
who would type "chassis brain box" in the search bar?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Tell me what's wrong with this picture? 🤣

1675969283476.png

Even with tax, it's $113 new! His is used.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
But its pre-seasoned!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't think it's $123,456. Sellers usually put a weird price like that when it's either "call for price" or trade.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
That's an interesting tactic if that's the case but, I ain't biting ...:biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online