Before it gets cold meet

Sleepy_Jr

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Well the dates of Oct. 3-5 seem to be good so mark those down. Castleton will be the area we'll be in. I'm looking for hotel info to post and a place to hang out at.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Can't do that weekend, family annual golf and drinking tournament weekend.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Super 8 has rooms for 44 bucks a night if you have a discount code. Like the one the NRA gives you...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Too bad the meet is too far away for me to attend, take lots of pics gents! The Batman is saddened he won't be there :frown:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
My wife and kids are coming back in September. I think it's too long a drive for the lil one's. They never been on such a long road trip before.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
You Scared :eek:
Nah dude lol, just trying to be smart with the whole kids thing

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I know :raspberry: My kids are about to be 17 months. Would be cool to have them looking at everyone's TB's and Voy's. They love hearing my truck, they know when daddy's coming down the street. My wife said they get all excited and wide eyed.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Maybe i'll get them their own Trailblazer or Envoy when they're ready to start driving lol

Reactions: JamesL3

Sleepy_Jr

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Well guys I know that Louisville was mentioned and a later date was also suggested but seems like more interest was show for Indy. I'm sorry if it isn't as close to some of you. I'm sure with more time we can set up a meet further south.

We can meet on Saturday at noon at the Castleton square mall lot located at:
6020 E. 82nd St. Indianapolis,IN 46250.

I did find the Super 8 Hachet mentioned right down the road from the mall.
7202 East 82nd Street, I-69/82nd St - Castleton, Indianapolis, IN 46256
(800) 536-0719

Reactions: Capote

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
I'm on call that weekend. [emoji23] And I think it's octoberfest weekend in Amana.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Put me as maybe. almost 4 hours so the absolute earliest I could get there Friday night would be 9 PM, but more likely close to 10 PM if I was to plan on eating dinner first lol

d-wreck08

Mar 12, 2012
Man I would love to meet up for one of these, under a 3 hour drive for myself, I'll have to check my schedule.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Should be good for me

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I said I would bring the C7 to the next meet but I won't be able to make this one. Flying back to Washington for Octoberfest.

Reactions: djthumper

Sleepy_Jr

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Well I really wanted to get this meet going but not as many members are available. Maybe it was too short notice. We can postpone it and set up another with more notice to get the word out.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hmmmm....

How many we got now?

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Well if the weekend changes I could make it. That just the only weekend I'm busy.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Too late Sleepy. Its already cold out. :tongue:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Brrrrr

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
It's amazing how much whining and excuses there are in this thread. Come on folks, everyone talks about how much fun the midwest meets are. Everyone says that they need to get to one someday. But then there are a a bunch of excuses and reasons why they can't make it.

Work schedules can usually be changed. Find another employee to trade weekends with you. There was plenty of notice for this, save some money every week. As far as the travel goes, take your time and plan it out. I have traveled halfway across the country for meets that I wanted to go to. That was also dragging the wife and three small kids with me.

Come on folks, man up and come out and enjoy a weekend with a bunch of cool guys!

Who is coming?

1) Regulator (Matthew)

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My only excuse is that I'm going to be just back from vacation and I may be sick of driving for hours in the car lol :tongue:

So I'm still a maybe. I want to, but not positive if it'll work until it is on top of me basically. I'd only be there late Friday night until sometime later Saturday.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
My only excuse is that I'm going to be just back from vacation and I may be sick of driving for hours in the car lol :tongue:

So I'm still a maybe. I want to, but not positive if it'll work until it is on top of me basically. I'd only be there late Friday night until sometime later Saturday.
Its about a three hour drive for you, I do that three times a week.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I spend 3 hours in a car everyday

neohio

Nov 11, 2013
I'm heading to the Chicago area next week. I plan on being there arounnd 6ish Monday night. Leaving to come home Wed morning.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Im not making any excuses. Its work...thats how i pay the bills. I have no vacation left and im not about to work 84 hrs straight on trading days. No thanks....and how would i pay for gas/food with no check that week let along pay bills. I live pay check to pay check just like everyone else.

So im out for sure.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Sleepy_Jr

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Well I'm in for it if we can get a decent amount to attend

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
I might be able to go. Work schedule will not be an issue. What all is anybody planning to do?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online