Any one else goin low??

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Sitting 28.75 front and 28.5 rear. Tapping axle like crazy even with a helper bag haha. No suspension travel in the rear lol

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
jrSS said:
Ur not aligned tho...hehe.

My alignment guy could have got within spec. 1.1 and 1.4 degrees of camber, but he added extra toe in because of the camber. I would have been all within spec except one caster angle but he said something about not maxing out camber because when I get inside the driver side camber is going to change so he compensated for it.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Oh sweet!! Did u use djm a arms? And what'd u use to lower??

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Right now it's the DJM A Arms, DJM 2" lower strut mount, and Belltech Adjustable struts up front with no spacers.

Rear has 3" Belltech springs with 1 coil cut (plus the weight of my sounds), Belltech Drop shocks, and Airlift 1000 helper bags inside the spring.

Need to buy the spohn adjustable upper / lower trailing arms and panhard bar and c-notch my frame lol

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Rear

IMGP0831.jpg

Front

IMGP0832.jpg

IMGP0833.jpg

Measurements I posted seem to be off by about 1/8" lol

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Have you thought about cutting down a set of Tahoe springs so you'll have a higher spring rate to help with the extra weight of your system?

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
When I talked to Tony I told him about the weight and he mentioned that both springs would be about the same. I'm at the point right now where the spring has almost no room to compress anymore before I hit axle, so I'm relying on a helper bag to help cushion it. Once I get a notch done, I won't have to worry about tapping and can go another inch or so while giving myself the travel I need.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ur f'n crazy!! That'll look pretty sick when finished. But yea the ride is prolly shitty now id bet

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Actually I just rigged up a 1/2" MDF spacer to sit inside the spring at the bottom and push the little 4" airbag up. Rides a lot better now, very comfortable except when I hit a big dip in the road (Hawaii has some shitty roads) I will tap axle in the back once and then it pops right back up and is comfortable again.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Just thought I'd throw this out there, I noticed my passenger rear was sitting close to 1" higher than my driver side, so when I put in the 4" airbags I cut another half coil off that spring. Now it's about 1/2-3/4" higher. I'm assuming it's just because the gas tank is on the driver side?

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
I just put a full tank of premium haha and it stopped being my DD about a month and a half ago lol. Will try to get it down before I cut the passenger spring again

bmartinezx3

Apr 6, 2012
installed ground force springs last week cost like $230+$20 for shipping from summit. supposed to be 1.3/3 drop but im not happy with the fron i want it lower.

took these two pictures the day after the install
View attachment 21462

View attachment 21463

hopefully when i get my next paycheck in 2 weeks i'll buy Ruby some 22's :wootwoot:

Attachments

• 1tb.jpg
    1tb.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 2tb.jpg
    2tb.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 28

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
bmartinezx3 said:
installed ground force springs last week cost like $230+$20 for shipping from summit. supposed to be 1.3/3 drop but im not happy with the fron i want it lower.

took these two pictures the day after the install
View attachment 7591

View attachment 7592

hopefully when i get my next paycheck in 2 weeks i'll buy Ruby some 22's :wootwoot:

If ur not happy with the front springs...use ur oem springs and get some belltech lowering struts..just to warn u if u lower more than 1.5" in thbe front you'll need to buy a set of djm upper control arms fro proper alignment and so ur upj aren't in a severe angle. I don't know if u were around when I had my voy but this will be the look of ur trck with the belltech struts on.
43eccd34-21ed-2097.jpg
I didn't use the uca and alignment was off by 1 degree and upj was in a sever angle.

Struts are about $100 a piece and change. U could install those and sell ur springs ... (

bmartinezx3

Apr 6, 2012
i saw some chrome 22's with black inserts on craigs the guy dropped them from like $1400 to $900 so when i get the cash ill prolly offer him like $700 and hope he takes it... we'll see tho if i find some cheap stock SS 20's then i'd go for those too.

and i heard somewhere that my front GF springs can actually be cut by 1/4-1/2 a coil and make it a bit lower. the only reason i want to drop the front more is cause it looks lower in the back than in the front so it looks weird to me

here's one last pic of the day after install
View attachment 21467

Attachments

• 3tb.jpg
    3tb.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 16

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I don't think it looks bad...what are the measurements from ground to fender lip??

bmartinezx3

Apr 6, 2012
Not sure ill measure it by this weekend and let you know, im actually kinda curious myself now. But if i find out that the fender is lower in the back then i already know that its gonna be bugging me lol
Im hoping once i change up the wheels that it should balance out

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Yea I suppose ...but my SS sits 1/2" lower in the back compared to front.
43eccd34-3c13-2563.jpg
(well till I get the lowering kit I want...AGAIN)

bmartinezx3

Apr 6, 2012
yesterday i was puttin some new brake pads on the Tb and i remembered that i hadn't cut the bumpstops yet so i checked them out and the passenger side was crushed. i know it happened recently because i took pics when i first installed the kit and they were in good shape. i just pulled the rest of the first part bumpstop with my hand then cut the other side to the same size.

View attachment 21562

cut this much off, its basically the first part from the bottom im guessing its about an 1.5" of clearance.
View attachment 21561
Is that good enough or do i need to cut more? Not sure if i like the way it rides with them cut, with them on it rode too stiff and now it feels a bit bouncy

Attachments

• bump stop.jpg
    bump stop.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 29
  • gf coil.jpg
    gf coil.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 30

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
It was stiff because you were literally riding on the bumpstops lol meaning you had no suspension travel. If you want it to ride good dropped, I recommend the airlift 1000 helper bags. Contact Tony for the correct kit to buy depending on your drop. I'm at about a 5" drop in the rear and it rides pretty good, just had to contact airlift to find a shorter bag.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I agree with fr34kout but I have 1 question....did u change ur rear shocks when u lowered??

SHILOW

Mar 29, 2012
fr34kout is correct. The bumpstops are there to protect the truck. They will not improve your ride quality.
If you want better performance then you should try a sway bar and new performance shocks. I have the Belltech Drop Shocks Nitro II.
I like them but Tony has more insight into helping you find the ride quality you are looking for.

bmartinezx3

Apr 6, 2012
i'm actually ok with the way it rides now i just wanted it a bit lower.i was going to get some wheels for my Tb but the ones i wanted were already sold so i ended up just buying some new subs and built a big box. i have 2 kicker cvr's for now 15" and the weight of the box i think made it a lil lower in the rear

here is a pic of the box
View attachment 21898
i have exact mesurements of the box writen down somewhere but its roughly like 3ft wide,2 1/2" tall and 2ft depth of 3/4" MDF. so its pretty heavy

Attachments

• securedownloadbioxx.jpg
    securedownloadbioxx.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 21

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
Id lower the front a little before you get alignment.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I'd lower the whole truck before you get it aligned.

bmartinezx3

Apr 6, 2012
TexazReece said:
Daaaamn martinez, those look good :thumbsup: I gotta get me some soon, how much did they run u?

the guy was asking $1000.00 but we settled at $750, he had bought some 20x10 black replicas for his SS so he didnt need these

i REALLY want to lower it more than it is now but i dont want to mess with it too much then end up having to deal with suspension problems. i never had it aligned after i put the new springs and i didnt want to wear out the new tires so i got one today. only payed $40 for the alignment so if i ever go lower then ill just align it again then.
any budget friendly suggestions to lower the front a bit?? :confused: i heard the GF coils can be cut by 1/4-1/2 a coil but i dont want to do that just yet sense they're only a couple months old :no:

i'll take better pics this weekend when i wash it but for now this what i have
View attachment 22048

Attachments

• darknight.jpg
    darknight.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 24

bmartinezx3

Apr 6, 2012
NORCAL SS said:
Id lower the front a little before you get alignment.

if i put some lowering struts and keep the GF 1.3" drop springs will i be okay without the djm a-arms? i want to go lower

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
on a stock trailblazer doing the gf 1.3 is fine once you get to the 2 inch level you will see the upper balljoint area is off and you will need the djm a arms.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
and yes I do actually cruise that low in the rear if the roads are decent but usually alot lower in the front too. Im usually low enough cruising that if i take off from a light too hard my frame touches the pavement :smile:

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
eutechnyx said:
my cali ride height.

DSCF1802.jpg

laid out

DSCF1798.jpg

That is a sikk ride man dig those colors.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Anybody lowered an ext? I want to get the back down a little. They seem to sit up higher than swb. I was thinking 3" but also dont want to rattle the kids teeth out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online