Dec 2, 2011
TB layin' frame on 8's

[video=youtube_share;0yW1LMJ6fxs]http://youtu.be/0yW1LMJ6fxs[/video]

bagdvoy

Nov 19, 2011
Short Bus said:
TB layin' frame on 8's

[video=youtube_share;0yW1LMJ6fxs]http://youtu.be/0yW1LMJ6fxs[/video]

Nice attempt but the bag mounts need to be redone. When those bags are deflated the angle they are at is horrible and will cause failure. And the 28's are just too big. Should have done 24's at max.:twocents:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Who in their right mind would put 28's on a gmt?? That's f'in crazy. 20's or 22's are the biggest i'd go.

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
yeah the bag mounts have "fail" written all over them, the wheel doesn't look centered in the wheel opening, and its the first 6 link that guy has ever built, and its gonna look kinda dumb if he doesn't run matching rims in the front......gonna have to go way more extreme than even my truck to lay out on rims that big. Might be aight if it gets finished correctly, idk about rims quite that big, but i'd have to see it done and see how they fit the truck. Plus i don't know how much i'd trust that bent front driver side link bar.......just looks bent with no extra support welded on, doesn't seem very strong to me

Hobby

Dec 11, 2011
Those rear bags are screaming for mercy. I dont mind the 28's but with those baloney skins and the wacked bags all I can see is a seriously rough ride when dragging ass. Even with the shocks.

xxxotiknightz

Dec 8, 2011
That TB on 28's is nuts. How could he look at the angle of those bags and consider it done?? Hope they didnt pay him to mess that truck up.

You can add me to the list. Im planning to lower mine. I was planning on doing the Belltech struts and bag adjustment. Hey NorCal, wanna send some of those bags my way :yes:

Marty395

Feb 23, 2012
My drop is subtle but noticeable. Eibach Kit lowered 1.5" in the front & 2" in the rear. I also have Kyb shocks & struts. I didn't want to go to low since it is a 4x4 and I prefer it drive like one during Wisconsin winters.

Here are some a recent pics.

View attachment 19152

Attachments

• 224863_1937054141183_1087233651_32281449_4682110_n.jpg
    224863_1937054141183_1087233651_32281449_4682110_n.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC03279.jpg
    DSC03279.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 51

Marty395

Feb 23, 2012
NORCAL SS said:
Heres my silver tbss i just sold

mikeeprogram09-mosconecarshow223.jpg

and my wifes daily driver truck
2012-01-01_145358.jpg

Nice! :salivate:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I will agree with some that the 'Voy's may look better lowered but I don't see how a low rider is sporty lol. When I think sporty I think of something along the lines of a 67 Camaro or a Nova.....or something hitting the drags. I would LOVE to see a low rider do something "sporty". I could do more with my 'Voy raised or at stock height then if I lowered it. I would HATE to live in a state with shitty roads and have a low rider, although I understand that it's usually for show...but I couldn't do it lol. It's either stock or lift for this gal!

And no offense to those that are low, just not my cup of tea!

Hobby

Dec 11, 2011
Im changing my bags and adding a little lift. The rear tires were 4" off the ground when the rear was hanging off the old bags. This will be the new height with the new bags installed.

[video=youtube_share;EHXGCuGU9hg]http://youtu.be/EHXGCuGU9hg[/video]

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
I will agree with some that the 'Voy's may look better lowered but I don't see how a low rider is sporty lol. When I think sporty I think of something along the lines of a 67 Camaro or a Nova.....or something hitting the drags. I would LOVE to see a low rider do something "sporty". I could do more with my 'Voy raised or at stock height then if I lowered it. I would HATE to live in a state with shitty roads and have a low rider, although I understand that it's usually for show...but I couldn't do it lol. It's either stock or lift for this gal!

And no offense to those that are low, just not my cup of tea!

Have u seen a tb ss do a wheelie stand on take off down a drag strip?? It's low and sporty. Corvettes are low and sporty. I don't get on any "lifted" threads and bash them guys for lifting...actually some of my friends are lifted. I like both lifted and lowered but not gonna go tell a thread of lifted folk that lifting isn't my cup of tea. So what was ur point of ur reply? To bash us? But u are entitled to ur own opinion. Don't wanna argue but if u don't have anything good to say about something...why say it?? We like lowered u like lifted....bye bye.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Have u seen a tb ss do a wheelie stand on take off down a drag strip?? It's low and sporty. Corvettes are low and sporty. I don't get on any "lifted" threads and bash them guys for lifting...actually some of my friends are lifted. I like both lifted and lowered but not gonna go tell a thread of lifted folk that lifting isn't my cup of tea. So what was ur point of ur reply? To bash us? But u are entitled to ur own opinion. Don't wanna argue but if u don't have anything good to say about something...why say it?? We like lowered u like lifted....bye bye.

I'm not trying to argue, simply stating my opinion which I am allowed to do. I was throwing out how I seen it, I can't see a low rider as sporty. And no my point was not to bash anyone, why be so defensive? Your making it out to be way more than what it was. If you don't like what some people are going to say then don't post it. You are opening yourself up to all different opinions when you openly post about something on the internet. You asked the opinions of people on the forum, and I put mine out there. I'm sorry, but if you don't like it....then don't post. Don't let what 1 person says get you all riled up...it's a forum, it's my opinion. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but that was not my intentions, but it's also not my fault that you are offended either.

But like I said, I'm not bashing anyone...I was simply stating that I can't see a low rider as sporty...I NEVER said lowering your truck was stupid, I even said in the beginning of this post that the voy's do LOOK GOOD lowered, but I said it did not look sporty...not stupid. So really, getting all worked up over the fact that someone doesn't think that a lowered truck was sporty? BTW: I have NEVER seen a Camaro or Nova or Mustang or any of those drag cars...lowered to the ground....pop a wheelie in some of the low riders I have seen, and the damn bumper would end up in Mexico. Talk about road rash.

Edited to add- That if you EVER read any of my posts, I have stated several times that I wasn't sure if I wanted to lower or lift my truck, so I am entitled to read the "Lowered" section of the forum. But being as I have a 4x4 I pretty much have to lift it.

Marty395

Feb 23, 2012
Voymom said:
I'm not trying to argue, simply stating my opinion which I am allowed to do. I was throwing out how I seen it, I can't see a low rider as sporty. And no my point was not to bash anyone, why be so defensive? Your making it out to be way more than what it was. If you don't like what some people are going to say then don't post it. You are opening yourself up to all different opinions when you openly post about something on the internet. You asked the opinions of people on the forum, and I put mine out there. I'm sorry, but if you don't like it....then don't post. Don't let what 1 person says get you all riled up...it's a forum, it's my opinion. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but that was not my intentions, but it's also not my fault that you are offended either.

But like I said, I'm not bashing anyone...I was simply stating that I can't see a low rider as sporty...I NEVER said lowering your truck was stupid, I even said in the beginning of this post that the voy's do LOOK GOOD lowered, but I said it did not look sporty...not stupid. So really, getting all worked up over the fact that someone doesn't think that a lowered truck was sporty? BTW: I have NEVER seen a Camaro or Nova or Mustang or any of those drag cars...lowered to the ground....pop a wheelie in some of the low riders I have seen, and the damn bumper would end up in Mexico. Talk about road rash.

Edited to add- That if you EVER read any of my posts, I have stated several times that I wasn't sure if I wanted to lower or lift my truck, so I am entitled to read the "Lowered" section of the forum. But being as I have a 4x4 I pretty much have to lift it.

I smell what youre stepping in :smile: . I myself debated on whether I was going to lift or lower my Envoy when I bought it. I ultimately lowered it because i didn't see myself going off road at all, and as a daily driver I prefer the lowered look. But as I browse thru forums I've really become interested in off roading. Especially since my father will soon be purchasing a Wrangler, and in my opinion how awesome would it be to go off roading with your father. And I agree an Envoy is not a sporty vehicle, in my opinion that title goes to the TBSS. However, I do think my Envoy looks slightly sportier lowered and w/ SS wheels than it did when it was stock. That's my opinion.

Can't we all just get along?! :smile:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Marty395 said:

I smell what youre stepping in :smile: . I myself debated on whether I was going to lift or lower my Envoy when I bought it. I ultimately lowered it because i didn't see myself going off road at all, and as a daily driver I prefer the lowered look. But as I browse thru forums I've really become interested in off roading. Especially since my father will soon be purchasing a Wrangler, and in my opinion how awesome would it be to go off roading with your father. And I agree an Envoy is not a sporty vehicle, in my opinion that title goes to the TBSS. However, I do think my Envoy looks slightly sportier lowered and w/ SS wheels than it did when it was stock. That's my opinion.

Can't we all just get along?! :smile:

LOL Marty, Yeah i'm pretty much just going to shut my fingers off on this topic. I can see i'm not to welcomed. Luckily, I don't hold grudges...but I'm good at avoiding. Not looking for drama...

D-V_Envoy

Dec 6, 2011
Marty395 said:
My drop is subtle but noticeable. Eibach Kit lowered 1.5" in the front & 2" in the rear. I also have Kyb shocks & struts. I didn't want to go to low since it is a 4x4 and I prefer it drive like one during Wisconsin winters.

Here are some a recent pics.

View attachment 4466View attachment 4467

Marty -- LOVE how your Voy looks.:thumbsup:
This is exactly what the wife and are looking to do to our Voy. :cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jham said:
I couldn't disagree more with this. With that statement every SS AWD should be lifted.

They should. They look great lifted! Fun for rally rig.

Marty395

Feb 23, 2012
D-V_Envoy said:
Marty -- LOVE how your Voy looks.:thumbsup:
This is exactly what the wife and are looking to do to our Voy. :cool:

Thanks.

I'm happy with the outcome, its a modest drop so you wont lose to much ride quality.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Just sayin I am dropped 2/3 and my ride quality is nice! Dropped 2" in front with drop struts and rear with belltech drop springs and street drop perf shocks. Love the handling.

Marty395

Feb 23, 2012
silvernclean said:
Just sayin I am dropped 2/3 and my ride quality is nice! Dropped 2" in front with drop struts and rear with belltech drop springs and street drop perf shocks. Love the handling.

I like the way your ride sits. After Installing the Eibach kit I almost wish I'd gone with the BellTech kit. I do plan on getting the front performance shocks you have once mine wear out, if I don't lift it that is. I'm just afraid of scratching my baby up if I take it on a trail. Lol

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
You'll most likely get some scratches and some dents if u TRAIL. No doubt in my mind. Well if ur aggresive that is.

Marty395

Feb 23, 2012
silvernclean said:
You'll most likely get some scratches and some dents if u TRAIL. No doubt in my mind. Well if ur aggresive that is.
Thats the problem, I am. I drive a bit aggressive at times for having a lowered truck. I took my Envoy on a rough & muddy trail shorty after I bought it, it was stock height then and I managed to crack the front bumper a bit.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Marty395 said:
Thats the problem, I am. I drive a bit aggressive at times for having a lowered truck. I took my Envoy on a rough & muddy trail shorty after I bought it, it was stock height then and I managed to crack the front bumper a bit.

Lol....

flashman03

Mar 29, 2012
I just lowered my 04 Ascender with TBSS front springs and Eibach pro rear springs. Changed to Bilstein HD shocks as well. The ride is better and I am just waiting on my DJM rear sway bar so I can put that and the SMaxx sway bar links on and my suspension will be done. My truck isn't as nice as most because it has chipped paint and cracked front bumper, but it is still fun to drive and causes me no issues. Pics can be put up in a little while.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Tell you what...if I can't get a good price for my truck, ill most likely be converting to 2wd and dropping the hell out of it.

Yo-yoing again? LOL

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
GotAir? said:
Don't get on here very much, but i think i'm included in this category, lol
2008mdu.jpg

duuuuude that is sickkkkk straight off da hook! i like it!

i wanna lower my tb bad! blasted person for posting the $19 kit only to be porky pine seat covers hahaha!:hissyfit::no::eek::rotfl:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Does anyone have the heights on Tony's silver TBSS? I wanna know what's the lowest static truck right now lol. Currently pretty much sitting on axle, need a c-notch now lol

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I think he was sitting at 30.5" from ground to fender all the way around with 22's.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.