2018 summer gmt 360 midwest meet Aug 10-12

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
One more thing, is Jeremy from lime-swap gonna be there?

No he's not mate. He needs around 10 or so people to make it worth his while to travel...we would have had maybe 3.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not even just to come down and say hi?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Well, after receiving the latest update on my trailer, it looks like I'm *not* going to have it back for this weekend. I knew that was a possibility, but that was *before* the manufacturer denied the 'main' (work / expense) claim on the roof issue. Turns out the dealership still doesn't have the *parts* that were supposed to be there on 8/2.

So...now, I need a room, too. Two of them, actually.
A hotel room, for this weekend (who's staying where? I want to have a 2nd 'party' location, where no designated drivers are needed...LOL)

A rubber room, for tonight.

I'm going to look at this in a positive way. I won't need to rush to finish a limited list of items on the Sierra & get it in for an alignment before Friday.
Hell, I could probably do a rotisserie on it, now. /sarcasm

Makes one wonder - if you take an RV / trailer in for warranty service - is it the intent of the mfgr and dealership to hold onto your purchase for the remainder of said warranty period, in order to defray future possible claims?
(in context: not an uncommon occurrence for a repair to take *months*, from hearing others' repair experiences)

Right now, I feel like the Paul Giamatti character in the Howard Stern movie...

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well here's my itinerary.

Wed. Aug. 8: Cross over the border late arvo, stop by to pick up some packages, head to Buffalo to stay overnight.
Thur. Aug. 9: Leave Buffalo and head to Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Park late in the evening, staying at the Spring House Inn in Porter, IN
Fri. Aug. 10: Spend most of the day at Indiana Dunes, then a bit of shopping at the nearby outlet mall, then roll into Elkhart sometime in the evening. Staying at the Baymont by Wyndham till Sun.
Sat. Aug. 11: Meet
Sun. Aug. 12: Start heading back home, do some sightseeing, wife wants to see the Marblehead Lighthouse. Dunno where we'll stay yet but will figure something out.
Mon. Aug 13: Head home and get raped by our border guards for duties and taxes for all the crap we're bringing back.

Depending on when we arrive in Elkhart, we could meet up for dinner and drinks on Fri. Somebody mentioned BWW? Or maybe pick up pizzas and have drinks around a fire? Anybody else coming in of Fri?

Last edited:
Reactions: Blckshdw and Matt

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Staying at the Baymont by Wyndham

Looking here now - TY!

On edit - all set for Friday night arrival.
Free breakfast = I'll see you there Saturday morning, if not Friday night! LOL

Sadly, I don't see a bar listed in the hotel amenities, so party HQ will have to be elsewhere :sadcry: And no billing of drinks to my room :tequila:

Last edited:

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Everyone is welcome to stay at my place (where the meet is) so no need for anyone to drive tipsy. Those with hotels, we can also make sure you have a ride back so you don't have to drive as well.

So far I've got 25lb chicken drum sticks, 20lb of hamburgers, 30lb of ribs, 10lb of brats, plenty of hot dogs, 10lb green bean casserole, 8 bags of misc snacks, and 10lb of misc cheese. There's bottled water, but people should bring their beverage of choice. I'll fire up an extra fridge or 2 for drinks and any other food people want to bring. mustard, ketchup, pickles, bbq sauce, etc is covered as well. Also lots of Jello Shots
38670984_10209434786346528_1474517995622498304_n.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Wow. Nice spread!

So what are our hosts' beverages of choice (both for Grimor & mrs. Grimor?) I'll make sure they arrive when I do (whether Fri or Sat)

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Depending on when we arrive in Elkhart, we could meet up for dinner and drinks on Fri. Somebody mentioned BWW? Or maybe pick up pizzas and have drinks around a fire? Anybody else coming in of Fri?

My plan right now is to arrive Friday night with at least one other person. Unless I leave work early I wont be there until at least 8. Anyone else?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
@Mooseman you might want to check your calendar mate, today is the 7th and tomorrow is the 8th./QUOTE]

Using the metric calendar :raspberry:

Corrected the dates .

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
We should be rolling in early Friday arvo too.

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hello from Niagara Falls!

So for those rolling in on Fri, wanna go to BWW? Would be a first time for me. Or anything else really but I'll be hungry!

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I'm down for BWW but idk when I'd be able to make it. I think I'd be relatively late. Even then I'd probably still come if people are still there.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Hey, guys...Slight change in plans from my end - I will be there on *Saturday*, but not on Friday night. You'll have to do B-dubs (BWW, BW2, etc.) without me tmrw. But I'll see you on Saturday!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, I hope we can make it to Porter IN by 11pm but we got stuck in Cleveland rush hour traffic. Stopped at a place called the Winking Lizard. Super good food and good prices. Too bad it's in a dead mall.

Hope we can get out of Cleveland and make up the lost time. Bloody traffic :hissyfit:

Reactions: Matt and C-ya

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Is the BWW easy to find? I'm guessing it is close to your house, @Grimor and that there isn't more than one? I'll leave work early enough to get there and meet everyone for wangs and dranks. I'll swing by the house first to see where everyone is.

What do I need to bring? Chips, snacks, drinks? I'll have my Tech II and a tent. The parking lot will be cool with all the 360s/370s!

Reactions: Matt

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Is the BWW easy to find? I'm guessing it is close to your house, @Grimor and that there isn't more than one? I'll leave work early enough to get there and meet everyone for wangs and dranks. I'll swing by the house first to see where everyone is.

What do I need to bring? Chips, snacks, drinks? I'll have my Tech II and a tent. The parking lot will be cool with all the 360s/370s!
If it was on the water you would definitely find it. :wink:

Reactions: Matt and C-ya

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finally made it to Porter, IN. Took longer than expected because it's in another time zone. No wonder the GPS was saying we'd be there for 10:30PM when it was passed that. Sleep will be weird. My wife will likely get up at 5AM. Tomorrow will be a more relaxed day going to the beach and a bit of shopping. That was a long drive from Cleveland.

Seems to be just the one BWW in Elkhart at 522 E Windsor Ave,

So we should be checking in at 6PM. Just have to remember to leave an hour earlier because of the time zones.

Reactions: C-ya and Matt

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I'm getting my new wheels soon and my stock wheels off my TB will be for sale. I could bring them to the midwest meet if someone wants to buy them there. They're the stock 17's off of my EXT, which means you should be able to use them for the EXT brake mod on a SWB. They have good tires with decent tread left. Tread was relatively the same among all four tires which measured .130 inches with a pair of calipers (approximately 8.5/64 inches). I just cleaned all the brake dust off of all four. The two rears look about the same and the two fronts look about the same. The only reason I'm selling them is they're not wide enough for my new tires. Make me an offer.

My 17" EXT wheels are still for sale if anyone wants them. I can bring them to the meet tonight if someone is interested. I will be there till Saturday night. $100

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That ain't a GMT360 in that driveway!

Reactions: Blckshdw and C-ya

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could we post arrivals and room number at the Beaumont. We should be there between 6 and 7 pm. Will post when we arrive.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
What time are people going to be at BWW? Map says we’re an hour and a half out

Reactions: C-ya

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Mr. and Mrs. Moose have just arrived! Just need to freshen up a bit and we'll head over to Grimor's.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Don't do that. We just got to bw3.

Reactions: djthumper

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
ETA to Hobart: About 3hrs. Will contact once I hit city limits, and will make beer / food / supplies run before arriving. Reply or PM me with your lists.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I want some pics of the shenanigans since I didn't get to go this year.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Justgot into Canuckistan and stopped for dinner before heading to our hotel near Grand Bend, Ontario. Heading to the beach tomorrow for a bit of swimming and sunburn before our final 7 hour leg back home. I'll post the final tally of km travelled.

It was a great event, super people and great times. It was definitely worth the travel.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
To the people who took pics of the meet, can you post them on this thread? I can’t show anyone pics because I don’t have Facebook. :bonk:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online