Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Let's start talking about it...

In Michigan, we discussed the possibility of having the 2013 meet in the Chicago area. Thoughts?

Date Poll is up
(You may select more than one)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
HELL YEAH BUDDY!:biggrin:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DO IT!!!! lol I am like 4hrs from Chicago and that means a much easier trip with all the kids and for Phantom. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it to be in Chicago! It would make life so much easier for all of us down here.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Sweet, Im in.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
big ed said:
maybe we could get jeff and biggie to come out...:confused:

On it! lol

I would honestly prefer it to be before school starts, so sometime in the summer. We have a bit more freedom during early summer than we do late summer.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Just talked to Jeff, He's all in as long as he isn't working. He is on call every 3rd weekend. Not sure about Biggie just yet.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Typically, we've done the Midwest meet in mid-May. But I'm flexible.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
Typically, we've done the Midwest meet in mid-May. But I'm flexible.

I think Mothers Day is the 12th...Maybe do it the weekend after or before?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I will actually be able to come to this one, so I'm in!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Depends on dates for me as well.. if it gets pushed back into June, July, I know for certain I won't get vacation time then.. and since chicago is almost 7 hours away from me, I would need to stay a few days...

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
There are two weekends in May after Mothers day. May 17-19 and 24-26. But, some people have said they like June. I suppose it's time for a poll.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
There are two weekends in May after Mothers day. May 17-19 and 24-26. But, some people have said they like June. I suppose it's time for a poll.

You started a poll and didn't vote? :no: I voted for ya! :raspberry:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
We will be going no matter what the date is, told hubby he would have to take a vacation day if he works on the weekend of the meet....AND we will be bringing BOTH GMT's! I am so excited and it's like 8 months away lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wonder is there areanu cruise-in or car shows we could crash in Chi one of those weekends?

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Once a month the tilted kilt by me has a car show. If we are in the south burbs maybe we can work that in.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Of course I will be there, with multiple trucks as well!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You're asking what weekend? This early? lol I don't know what my weekends will look like a month from now usually :rotfl:

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Maybe I missed it but is this going to be a drive around town meet, or a wheelin camping type meet? Guessing since we're talkin about chicago it's going to be a hotel and pavement type thing.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
You're asking what weekend? This early? lol I don't know what my weekends will look like a month from now usually :rotfl:
The whole point is so people have plenty of notice to request time off work. :yes:

TangoBravo said:
Maybe I missed it but is this going to be a drive around town meet, or a wheelin camping type meet? Guessing since we're talkin about chicago it's going to be a hotel and pavement type thing.
The Midwest meets are three day events. Friday night pre-meet is usually dinner at a wing place (or something). Saturday is the actual meet. It will probably be some type of cookout at a park. Saturday night, some people (the ones who don't head home after the meet) will gather for dinner again. Then breakfast Sunday morning before everyone heads home. If any 4 wheeling takes place, it's usually after breakfast on Sunday. But, nothing is set in stone. That's part of the purpose of the planning thread.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
The whole point is so people have plenty of notice to request time off work. :yes:.

Bingo. You may not know for a month ahead, but many need to request time off and get approval from work or home.

BO TIE SS said:
Saturday night, some people (the ones who don't head home after the meet) will gather for dinner again. Then....

We take over the hotel parking lot, harass some cops and try to get Ed arrested.:raspberry:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
We take over the hotel parking lot, harass some cops and try to get Ed arrested.:raspberry:

And that wasnt even one of our big meets. That was just a little get together meet.

Edit: 18th through 25th is bad for me. Well good for me, bad as in I wont be there lol.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Whatever the plan is, is perfectly fine with me. I just wanted to be clear so I can determine cost. Thanks for the rundown.

ksimm92

Apr 28, 2012
I'm in, Depending on the weekend. easy for me as I am local! I'm new to the community so it would be cool to meet some new people on here! :wootwoot:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
:bump:
The discussion seems to have dropped off. These spring meets tend to sneak up on us. :ugh:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'll keep an eye on this. With the way my work is I typically am relatively flexible as long as I know a couple weeks in advance. I can't really plan much too far ahead because it actually makes it harder to make it work out vs doing it closer to the date.

So, yeah, you guys decide when and where and then as it gets closer I'll know whether I can do it or not. 6 hour trip so I'd need to plan on a couple days' worth.

agon3279

Jan 1, 2013
I'm in no matter when it is. But, june is quickly going to be here. So lets get this thing rolling!! :wootwoot: There are always tons of places around the south suburbs with car shows in the summer time. Usually there are car shows at the village carnivals. A few years ago, There was a car show here at the village hall and the police closed down a major road just for a burnout competition. It was freaking sweet.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
agon3279 said:
I'm in no matter when it is. But, june is quickly going to be here. So lets get this thing rolling!! :wootwoot: There are always tons of places around the south suburbs with car shows in the summer time. Usually there are car shows at the village carnivals. A few years ago, There was a car show here at the village hall and the police closed down a major road just for a burnout competition. It was freaking sweet.

Which car show was that. I work in Bridgeview and live in Worth. I missed this car show...

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
As much as my wife and I would love to see Chicago in the summer (I was up there last year), we will keep our schedules open. Not sure how my work will allow for vacation time off yet as I am still kinda new here. I didn't vote because I am simply not sure yet. It's an all day drive from KC to Chicago for us.

agon3279

Jan 1, 2013
Hatchet said:
Which car show was that. I work in Bridgeview and live in Worth. I missed this car show...

It was when they had the annual Justice car show. Every year they have a carnival, and on the last day, usually a sunday, is the car show.

Razorback

Dec 21, 2011
We might beable to be there, it just depends who i can find to put our lift on and when they want to do it, hopefully they would want to put it on in the spring time.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
So....

May is only four months away now. I have re-opened the poll indefinitely. Hopefully, we'll get more input on the dates.

Are there any locals who are willing to look in to some locations? Maybe scope out a park for the actual meet, and some local hotels.

We really need to get some planning done. As I said before, these things sneak up really fast!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I probably will end up making the trip. even tho I hate driving in chicago. :o:screwy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online