• June 28 - June 30

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
depending on dates and funds, this should be a go for me... I'll actually have to stay at a motel for this meet since its about 6.5 to 7 hours away from me here in Ohio... so i'll get into all the shenanigans that are known to be had at the midwest pre meets :yes:

if its the weekend of the 10th (mothers day wknd) or the 31rst, i know i wont go.... first of the months are always busy for us at work and they wont give me the time off, and of course, mothers day...

edit: i just google map'd the trip.. and depending on where at in chi town, it will only take me 5 hours to get there :yes:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The only requirement I have is we decide on a date in time for me to put in a request for time off on those date(s). So don't decide the week before :raspberry:

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would be in the way otherwise.

agon3279

Jan 1, 2013
ok guys. Well what are you looking for? Forest preserve? A big park? What kind of lodging? We have tons of forest preserves around here with tons of parking space and plenty of room for bbq. Just have to let the county know what dates. Plus, right off of I-294 in Bridgeview, IL there is a Days Inn. They have smoking and non smoking rooms. Bridgeview is about 20 to 25 minutes from downtown Chicago. And just down the street is the Bridgeview court house. They have a very huge parking lot and they may even let us use the parking lot. Just have to find out the info. Or, there is even a local community college. Moraine valley community college in Palos Hills. They have car shows there a few times throughout the spring and summer.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
GMT meet....courthouse....

We usually dont meet til later

big ed

Nov 18, 2011
well for those that have been here for other meet's, the forest preserve on 95th ave between south la grange rd and so willow spring rd is a great place, although martin told me about a place in the same area near a lake which im sure would be great too. so far may 31st, june 1st and 2nd has the most vote's, so whenever is fine with me. I could find a hotel/motel as soon as I get a sure date and look into some type of cruise nite / car show or what ever activity we choose on those days to do.

agon3279

Jan 1, 2013
actually the place you are talking about is just off of I-55 and Lagrange Road. Its called Arie Crown Forest. That would be an awesome place to meet. And there is plenty of hotels around there. There is a Holiday Inn along with a Best Western Inn. they are right next to each other. And the prices there are very reasonable. Plus, there is plenty of restaurants around that area. And, who knows, maybe someone will drive home with a new gmt, or a Cadillac considering there is a dealer right down the street from there.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Thats the hotel they stayed at last time was over there. But i think Martin was talking about the lake off of 107th between wolf and lagrange or wolf and archer.

Those 2 spots by the lakes fill up fast with fishers so not always alot of spots.

agon3279

Jan 1, 2013
The place that you are talking about is off of 31st street and wolf. There are two forest preserves there. Bemis Woods and Salt Creek Woods. they are right next to each other. And, there is Millers meadows not to far from there on 1st Avenue in River Side

And here is another problem. If we do plan on using a forest preserve, we may be out of luck if we do decide to have it the weekend of mothers day due to the fact of a lot of people having parties there for mothers day.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I can't make it on Mother's Day weekend anyway.

agon3279

Jan 1, 2013
well, since it seems that a lot of people will not be able to make it on mothers day weekend, I suggest that we just make it for the following weekend.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I don't know which weekend is mother's day weekend but whatever weekend it is I'm not available to go anywhere :tongue:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Mother's day is Sunday May 12, 2013.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
my vote is the weekend after as well.. or the weekend of the 31rst.... but whichever it is... i need to know soon so i can put the request in at work...

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Well if its the 18th or 25th. Sleepy and I wont be there or be able to help...

big ed

Nov 18, 2011
:confused:..why are talking about other dates when may 31st - june 2nd are the leading dates now? we need to make a decision very soon or we'll be forced to go with the 31st - 2nd and let the card's fall as they may.

agon3279 if you really want to take lead on this, it's fine as long as everybody agree's. joe and I will back you up. starting to be too many cook's in the kitchen.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
big ed said:
:confused:..why are talking about other dates when may 31st - june 2nd are the leading dates now? we need to make a decision very soon or we'll be forced to go with the 31st - 2nd and let the card's fall as they may.

Well that's the purpose of the poll, right? :undecided:

I think we should get this set and then everyone can get their scheduling requests in at work. And we need a preferred lodging cloice so we can book a block of rooms...:wootwoot:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
it looks like the 31rst is the front runner.. so i'll go ahead and put my requests in at work..

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
We will try to make it. Hard to make plans right now. I never know about my health. I would like a place easy to get to without alot of traffic. Parks are always nice. The hard part for me is (ss or lifted). Sometimes i can get in the lifted tb. It would be nice to see everyone.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
so what's going on with the planning of this? has the date been set, time been set, place been set?? its already February... May will be here before we know it...

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
BUMP :bump:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
It would appear that May 31st to June 2nd works best for the most people. Now we just need some locals to scope out a few places and throw some ideas out there.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Hmm, I know I say this every year but I think I'm going to try and go. Funds should be good by then and I have the PTO. Only thing that sucks I the 10 hr drive. I'd have to leave Thursday night after work or early Friday morning and then head back Late Sunday afternoon. Seems worth is though. Plus plan on bring back so good Illinois food ( Deep Dish Pizza, Gyros, etc. )

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Hey guys, what was the name of the hotel that yall stayed at last time. You remember, Kyle found an 8" rim and tire and Ed... Well Ed,

img1287281242004.jpg

What did you guys think of that hotel?

I mainly wanted a reason to pull out that pic but ill try and call around tonight if I can.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It was a 13, but the rim and tire fit inside my rim...

Ed....damn man. Hope you can stay out of the pokie for the whole weekend this time.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ok. We need a sign up thread and whose bringing what..(food etc) ..only 2 mos. away. Location of meet?????

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
^^^ this...

what the heck is going on? we're a little over 2 months away here... not even a sign up yet... no hotel/motel info... c'mon chi-town folks!!!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I don't even think we can make it now. Mat got switched shifts and is now working the weekends :frown:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I'm out as well. :frown:

My youngest son graduates from high school that weekend. :wootwoot: :dance:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Voymom said:
I don't even think we can make it now. Mat got switched shifts and is now working the weekends :frown:

but thats why you guys both have GMT's.. he works, so you can still go with Phantom :rotfl::crackup:, i kid, i kid... i know, i know... babysitter lol...

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Boricua SS said:
but thats why you guys both have GMT's.. he works, so you can still go with Phantom :rotfl::crackup:, i kid, i kid... i know, i know... babysitter lol...

I could technically still do that....maybe. I don't know how the hubby would feel about it though. I would bring the kids with me, no amount of money would get me a babysitter for my hellions :biggrin:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Hopefully I plan on getting a non gmt member to come along with me. Another tbss.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Well I guess this forum is slow as hell anymore. I need to know if people are coming out. I am not driving to chicago for 3 friggen days for a handful of people. C'mon. We need at least a chicago local to be vocal!!! Should I or shouldnt I put in for vacation? I love seein everyone and the company so someone step up. I understand people are busy and the dates are MAY 31st JUNE 1st and 2nd.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:iagree:

im not going to drive 6 hours just for 3-5 people... a local meet under 2 hours, yes... but not across 3 states... any thoughts on a place yet? hotels? etc...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well......???

SLACKERS!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hmmm, I think we have discovered why having chapters with a leadership structure worked out well previously.

Come on, someone from Chicago step up please. I took care of last years Michigan meet, I don't really feel like planning another out of state meet due to the lack of leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online