2005 Envoy Cranks will not start.

Envoywarrior

Original poster
Aug 28, 2023
Massachusetts
You will love this one. Runs great. Well it did. Cranks no start. I figured let’s check the fuel pump fuse. This is what I Discovered.
so…finally hunted new fuse relays box down. Installed. Cranks no start. Gonna trace grounds. Got a 2109 but that’s not the issue.
Foolishly I tried cleaning it out. The article enclosed from this group has helped immensely.
Will check ground at coil…hope there is none then I can trace back. And suggestions greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1426.jpeg
    IMG_1426.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1425.jpeg
    IMG_1425.jpeg
    489.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1592.jpeg
    IMG_1592.jpeg
    671.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1618.png
    IMG_1618.png
    1 MB · Views: 9

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Also check the underside of the fuse box for broken or corroded copper traces. Other than that, you can use this from our FAQ:

Cranks but won't start

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
That almost looks like someone left a Grease Gun sitting atop the open Fuse Block (Hot Engine Nearby) ...with the protective under cover removed. Try getting a can of CRC Electrical Spray "Lectra Clean" Solvent from Amazon (or AutoZone), etc.) and after wiping down the *bulk* of that Blue-Green Stuff*...thoroughly spray out all of the affected areas... especially those where the Fuel Pump Relay and the 20 Amp Fuse are located and plugged in...AND Spray Down (or replace) The Fuse AND the FPR, Too.:

615d1ngIukL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: Mooseman

Envoywarrior

Original poster
Aug 28, 2023
Massachusetts
That almost looks like someone left a Grease Gun sitting atop the open Fuse Block (Hot Engine Nearby) ...with the protective under cover removed. Try getting a can of CRC Electrical Spray "Lectra Clean" Solvent from Amazon (or AutoZone), etc.) and after wiping down the *bulk* of that Blue-Green Stuff*...thoroughly spray out all of the affected areas... especially those where the Fuel Pump Relay and the 20 Amp Fuse are located and plugged in...AND Spray Down (or replace) The Fuse AND the FPR, Too.:

View attachment 109426
Wrong. It’s taffy. Do not use this spray on your box. If you get this copper oxidation(green melting relay) you lost ground, broken, rusted, shorted. Period. This article saved my ass. You don’t get 280k out of these Envoys unless you know what you’re doing. This forum has been a great help.

Attachments

• IMG_1618.png
    IMG_1618.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1426.jpeg
    IMG_1426.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

In all modesty... Thanks... (I Wrote It...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Envoywarrior

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online