08 LT Drivers Headlight Replacement

psa55

Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
New Brunwick, Canada
I am looking for options/recommendations for replacing the drivers headlight on my 08 TB LT. It appears the wiring inside the headlight has corroded or now has a bare wire. When I shake the headlight I can get the lowbeam to light up, but it is only temporary and it is only working very intermittently.

the Solid state relay was replaced under warranty years ago and seems to be fine. I did RnR it, with two different relays that are known to work well, with no change in the problem.

There are some options on Rock Auto, which appear to be my best/cheapest option at the moment. Aside from trying a junk yard, does anyone have recommendations for other options for this that I should consider? Ebay options? Most online seem to have the grill slot into the headlight, which the LT doesn't require.

Both lights are pretty hazy and could use replacement. They've been cleaned up with compound a few times now. Depending on what comes out of this I might replace them both.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Some other options.

psa55

Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
New Brunwick, Canada
Oh.. those projector style replacements look nice! Thanks guys... gotta get something coming today.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online