NEED HELP 06 GMC Envoy – NAV Radio – Tech-II – Theftlock reprogramming of a used radio?

Dan_G

My 06 Envoy Denali factory Non-Lux NAV radio is broken. I even tried to have it repaired – it’s not repairable. I can obviously buy a used one. I have a Tech-II scan tool. Does this mean I can program the new radio with the VIN of my car so Theftlock will allow the radio to play? Or do I need some other device to reprogram the used radio, i.e., I still have to take the car to the dealer. Any help would be appreciated.

Mooseman

Yes you can. Not the same radio but the same procedure.

You will need to use Tis2000 through your Tech 2.

OP
OP
D

Dan_G

OK, great. Sounds like a bit of work. I do have an old Windows XP laptop. I can see that TIS2000 is old and needs an old computer with a serial port ... so I do have that. It sure looks complicated but I can give it a shot.

Mooseman

It's not too bad once you get Tis2000 working. You operate on the laptop and just use the Tech 2 as a passthrough. Basically you'll be programming it as if it's a new radio.

Mooseman

Huh, not as bad as I thought. I thought it was security related therefore needed Tis2000 to unlock it. I use aftermarket radios so what do I know?

OP
OP
D

Dan_G

Got the new/used unit in the mail today. Gotta go to my kids graduation this weekend but after that I will pop it in there and see if we can clear the old VIN and get it working ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
MILES-2005-4.2
Top Bottom