Post Your Cargo Area - No Cleaning Edition!

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
IllogicTC said:
Digging the rack. That rolls right out, doesn't it? Kinda reminds me of a dude whose dad bought an old 80s hearse, needed some cosmetic repairs mainly but it works. Was dead set on using the rack to make it easier to load groceries at Wal-Mart... and the faces seen I heard were amazing.
It slides out far enough to reach anything loaded on the front of it. I love it, but it does take up some of the height in the bed. Its not an issue with the top on the truck, but it is limiting with the tonneau cover on.

sawicksted

Dec 7, 2011
Just took it.

I love those matts. They interlock, are as light as a feather and don't soak up water. They are about 3/4 of an inch thick foam and I use them for crawling under the vehicle / kneeling on and etc. Came as 6 in a pack for $15 or $20 at cost-coooooo.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:211]

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Is drilling required, or does it mount with the bed bolts?
Drill 4 holes and insert the fancy anchors that they provide. Its pretty simple. It took me longer to get it in position than it did to bolt it down. Thing weighs over 200 lbs and is a pain to move by yourself. I used straps.
51A70352-C8B7-4CEE-BC0C-A4C6D9558439_zpszxu486vu.jpg

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I like it, I seen one in an Avalanche and have pondered on it. My only issue would be the loss of vertical clearance, as you have said.

sawicksted said:
Just took it.

I love those matts. They interlock, are as light as a feather and don't soak up water. They are about 3/4 of an inch thick foam and I use them for crawling under the vehicle / kneeling on and etc. Came as 6 in a pack for $15 or $20 at cost-coooooo.
I use those to do cutouts in my tool box, helps me know what I have left out when I am working on the truck, also keeps stuff from sliding around and makes the box look clean. Picked it up from the mechs, at work. It is a requirement as tools left on aircraft is a big no, no.

Reactions: sawicksted

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
I like it, I seen one in an Avalanche and have pondered on it. My only issue would be the loss of vertical clearance, as you have said.

I use those to do cutouts in my tool box, helps me know what I have left out when I am working on the truck, also keeps stuff from sliding around and makes the box look clean. Picked it up from the mechs, at work. It is a requirement as tools left on aircraft is a big no, no.
I wish I had a Costco around here... wait maybe I do? No I think that's a Big Lots. I could use some of those mats, 6-pack for $15-20 ain't bad. I like the cut-out idea.

I recently upgraded from a 22" to a 26" toolbox, but it turns out that didn't help that much, she's still just as full, lol. I'm planning on going sliding tray at some point and doing cut-outs would be a great idea to keep things in order. Might use a label printer or something to label things out for time-saving purposes.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
IllogicTC said:
I wish I had a Costco around here... wait maybe I do? No I think that's a Big Lots. I could use some of those mats, 6-pack for $15-20 ain't bad. I like the cut-out idea.
I recently upgraded from a 22" to a 26" toolbox, but it turns out that didn't help that much, she's still just as full, lol. I'm planning on going sliding tray at some point and doing cut-outs would be a great idea to keep things in order. Might use a label printer or something to label things out for time-saving purposes.
This was my first shot at my socket and wrench drawer. I have reworked it and added more tools. I still need to do my screwdrivers.

You can buy the mats at Walmart or Kmart. They are exercise mats that interlock. You can also buy it in a roll,as a yoga mat, you just have to let it sit to flatten out. Some guys use blue camping mats as well.2013-01-05_11-48-07_884.jpg

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
This was my first shot at my socket and wrench drawer. I have reworked it and added more tools. I still need to do my screwdrivers.

You can buy the mats at Walmart or Kmart. They are exercise mats that interlock. You can also buy it in a roll,as a yoga mat, you just have to let it sit to flatten out. Some guys use blue camping mats as well.
attachicon.gif
2013-01-05_11-48-07_884.jpg
I wish more of my tools were one brand, lol. Stanley, B&D, a few Husky, a couple Pittsburgh Pro. And a couple others. Two of the Pittsburgh I wouldn't even have if people would return what I loaned them. They said they did but I truly do not recall them ever being returned as I would HAVE THEM where they go, otherwise. And that's why I used to not loan, then tried it, and now I won't anymore again.

I'll have to watch for that foam. If nothing else I'll see if I can't requisition the broken foam from work. We have these foam pieces to put over casement operators which breaks often. They don't interlock, but the dimensions are like 5-6" x ~2-2 1/2" x ~1" or so on the one solid point. Broken ones are useless and like I said, even without trying to break them they go pretty often. May be messy being styrofoam though lol.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
The socket sets are my only matching ones, bought them on sale from sears. Those pass through sockets are freaking awesome. Most of the other stuff is Stanley, some Blue Point, Great Neck and the crows feet, and wrench set are some cheapy ones from Advanced. Screwdrivers are more of a mixture, a good portion Kobalt, and Stanley.

Okay last OT post for now.

BlazingTrails said:
Well there are 2 things I have learned from this thread, (1) I am apparently the only person who does not have the retractable cargo cover, and (2) my cargo area is spotless! :wooot:
Mine never had the cover, also did not have the OEM jack, or the cross bars for the roof rack.

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
dmanns67 said:
:pictures:

I consider mine to be pretty clean for the non-cleaning edition thread :thumbsup:
I'd take a pic but as described in another thread my camera's been having issues picking up light well. Like daylight or bright lighting is about all it can do very good with. It's a $70 cheap-o, I don't expect much. But mine is freshly cleaned, I did have the air deflector and a chip of my front bumper back there a couple days ago.

And maybe we should start a tool talk thread somewhere :rotfl:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I have my factory jack and all the bars, and the wheels chocks. mine used to have the cover, but the person i bought it from told me they didn't use it and just threw it away.(wtf) i just looked on ebay, dang they're like $100 :eek: i don't want one that bad lmao

I may walk out there later and snap a pic, i am at work and it is like a 3/4 mile hike out to my truck. i will get bored eventually :smile:

Reactions: dmanns67

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Seeing those tie-down links being used reminds me...

Anyone else know about what I believe is called the CHILD or CHILDS system? The three-point hookup between a car seat and the baby seat? My SWB has the two bottom links to snap to in the seat, but I looked high and low for the last one and couldn't find it (the one that goes over the seat to a link provided on the back). Obviously that carpet piece doesn't appear to move. So, I just used the tie-down link for the top one. Ran the seat belt through the seat too just in case.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
When transporting the wifes cousin I use the ones under the seat flap and the seat belt. The only thing I could think of attaching one up high would be the head rest

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
When transporting the wifes cousin I use the ones under the seat flap and the seat belt. The only thing I could think of attaching one up high would be the head rest
I don't think the head rest is really designed to handle that sort of load in an emergency. The tie-down link right behind the left or right side seats at least provide a sure mount.

qsp01

Aug 26, 2012
Just the general supplies and stuff heading to the offsite storage.

Attachments

• Envoy XUV Storage.jpg
    Envoy XUV Storage.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 16

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
IllogicTC said:
Seeing those tie-down links being used reminds me...

Anyone else know about what I believe is called the CHILD or CHILDS system? The three-point hookup between a car seat and the baby seat? My SWB has the two bottom links to snap to in the seat, but I looked high and low for the last one and couldn't find it (the one that goes over the seat to a link provided on the back). Obviously that carpet piece doesn't appear to move. So, I just used the tie-down link for the top one. Ran the seat belt through the seat too just in case.

I think you did it correctly. I know the system as "LATCH". (Lower Anchor and Tethers for CHildren)

From the owners manual.
latch.jpg

Mirage

Feb 23, 2014
It's 4x4 elec. running 3s lipo. It's pretty fast. The other is a losi micro trail trekker for my son. He's only 5 so a little young for something as fast as a slash on lipos. Maybe one day a 2wd brushed motor on NIMH will be more his speed.

Reactions: 06TrailblazerLSS

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online