Post Your Cargo Area - No Cleaning Edition!

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
jsheahawk said:
You just never know when you'll need lube.

Jared

:rotfl:

Random thought hit me, that white can was actually de-icer that they supply for Dad at work. He gave me a can. But yea, the other can is lube. :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Old wiper blade in case of emergency, and a bin! Nice and neat. Well, I put almost all my crap in a bin so it looks neater than it really is. Don't look inside it though :biggrin:

The blue bin is full of random PC cables, bolts, bungees, tire inflator (sitting on top of everything), oh and the old turndown off my resonator for some reason :crazy:

The floor compartment has a first aid kit, ratchet straps, little shovel for digging out snow or something (had it in my old car, never have needed it since I got the TB :biggrin:), and the crappiest little tool kit known to man. Not even sure why I still have it back there as half the sockets and stuff are busted :blinkhuh:

Attachments

• 20140307_171723.jpg
    20140307_171723.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Blckshdw

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ok here is mine taken when I just got home from work today. It was the beaSSt's weekly fire up in storage, so I thought why not take a pic... The subs are American Bass DX 12's in a Aero Ported box (hence the offset since the port is firing to the passenger side wall) tuned to 38 Hz (hit a 143.7 at a sanctioned Meca event at the kick and a 145.3 at the head rest at a different event)

20140307_165647_zps11gypk7p.jpg

paulcmartin

May 13, 2013

Attachments

• 20140318_145013.jpg
    20140318_145013.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20140318_145021.jpg
    20140318_145021.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Kyle, how's your bass response with your subs turned like that? Are you ported or sealed? Whenever I have something long to throw back there, and I turn my sealed box to fire sideways, I lose a LOT of bass. :sadcry:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
jumper cables, hpt cable, buncha filthy microfiber towels...

Attachments

• 20140307_192517.jpg
    20140307_192517.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 30

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Kyle, how's your bass response with your subs turned like that? Are you ported or sealed? Whenever I have something long to throw back there, and I turn my sealed box to fire sideways, I lose a LOT of bass. :sadcry:

Bout same as faced rear for me. Box is sealed. I usually have the cargo cover hiding stuff n things stacked up so bass hardly ever has a clear shot toward glass either way I turn them.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Haha in all my years around your ride, I never knew you had subs in the back Kyle :rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Haha in all my years around your ride, I never knew you had subs in the back Kyle :rotfl:

I don't bump them often, but have always had some in there. These for several years, but had a kicker 10 or an mtx 12 or 2 pioneer 12 in a sealed box and again with those in a bandpass or ????. Had 2 6x9 in boxes on a seperate amp for awhile as well. Just settled on this simple setup due to room or I would run a pair of 15s, 3 10s, 4 6x9, dash plates, and tweets like my Burban had when I used to get noise violations.

Used to do stereo installs for a gas station/shop I worked at in high school and college. The guy I worked with then, now does high end stuff for Bengals and Reds players in Cinci now.

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
For some reason that reminded me at first of the picnic table option in the CR-Vs. Not sure if they still do that, but it at least was an option. Made at least moderately more sense than the tent package for the Aztek, because the first mistake was thinking anyone wanted to drive an Aztek.

ajallen14

Sep 24, 2013
dmanns67 said:
I still have the original rear mat. It has saved my carpet over the years.

Up top is my clothing rack and to the right is my sub and stealth box.

In my storage container I have my tow straps, ratchet straps, jumper cables, first aid kit, tow hitch, can of fix-a-flat (Extreme emergencies), electric 12v air compressor, ice scraper, road flares, and emergency blanket.

I usually keep a small Craftsman toolbox with general tools in the back, but took it out to use in the house, never put it back.

Under the rear mat in the storage compartment in my amp for the sub, which is where I use to store most of my stuff. The compartment to the left is my adapter to hook up trailer brake lights/running lights.

attachicon.gif
20140302_131851.jpg
I need to know everything about that sub box on the right.

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
uploadfromtaptalk1398897183735.jpg

This isn't *right now* because, well, frankly I forgot to do it, but this is right after we got home from my mom-in-law's house in the mountains on Easter Sunday. I changed both diff fluids and the xfer case fluids out there. We also cooked out and fished.

Cooler, charcoal lighter fluid, sideways tackle box, fishin rods, milk crate full of equipment used during fluid changes, drain pan in a trash bag, case of water bottles, and food prep stuff in the blue tray. Not pictured are the jackstands, floor jack, ratchet/socket set, and my two toolboxes full of tools.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
ajallen14 said:
I need to know everything about that sub box on the right.
It is a Q-Logic stealth box made specifically for the TrailBlazer and Envoy. The plastic cover is designed to match the OE interior perfectly. The box and cover run about $225 and it will fit almost any 10" subwoofer (You will need to compare the specs of the sub box to which ever subwoofer you are going to purchase). I bought mine from http://www.crutchfield.com/. Last time someone asked me about it, I checked and it appeared that Q-Logic is no longer making the stealth box for the TB/Voy and Cruth Field no longer sells the box. You might be able to do a google search and see if you can find another site that sells them.

I do see that Crutch Field still sells the JL Audio stealth box, but instead of a color matched plastic cover, it has the carpet type cover that matches the interior carpet and the subwoofer is included with the box. It runs $700 though, my setup only ran me $450 with the sub and stealth box. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13694142/JL-Audio-Stealthbox-2005-up-Ebony.html

Install was pretty simple. Had to remove the rear passenger side quarter panel and mount a bracket near the factory Bose amp (If you have one). Then you have to drill (2) holes through the storage compartment on the passenger side to mount the box to the quarter panel. You lose that storage compartment, but you will keep most of the cargo space which is what I was looking for.

I have other pics with the quarter panel off if you are interested. Someone was asking me how much space is behind the quarter panel to mount an amp back there.

ajallen14

Sep 24, 2013
dmanns67 said:
It is a Q-Logic stealth box made specifically for the TrailBlazer and Envoy. The plastic cover is designed to match the OE interior perfectly. The box and cover run about $225 and it will fit almost any 10" subwoofer (You will need to compare the specs of the sub box to which ever subwoofer you are going to purchase). I bought mine from http://www.crutchfield.com/. Last time someone asked me about it, I checked and it appeared that Q-Logic is no longer making the stealth box for the TB/Voy and Cruth Field no longer sells the box. You might be able to do a google search and see if you can find another site that sells them.

I do see that Crutch Field still sells the JL Audio stealth box, but instead of a color matched plastic cover, it has the carpet type cover that matches the interior carpet and the subwoofer is included with the box. It runs $700 though, my setup only ran me $450 with the sub and stealth box. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13694142/JL-Audio-Stealthbox-2005-up-Ebony.html

Install was pretty simple. Had to remove the rear passenger side quarter panel and mount a bracket near the factory Bose amp (If you have one). Then you have to drill (2) holes through the storage compartment on the passenger side to mount the box to the quarter panel. You lose that storage compartment, but you will keep most of the cargo space which is what I was looking for.

I have other pics with the quarter panel off if you are interested. Someone was asking me how much space is behind the quarter panel to mount an amp back there.

Alright that sounds good. That was my same deal though, wanted more sound in the rear to compliment the Bose system but didn't want some awkward box sitting there taking up space. I'll def have to look into it some more. Thanks man!!

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They have similar cheaper ones on eBay like in aarkons pic if the stealth is unavailable

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Ghoster said:
Digging the rack. That rolls right out, doesn't it? Kinda reminds me of a dude whose dad bought an old 80s hearse, needed some cosmetic repairs mainly but it works. Was dead set on using the rack to make it easier to load groceries at Wal-Mart... and the faces seen I heard were amazing.

Aarkon said:
So this is the cheap version of the level kit, eh? :rotfl:

Reactions: Aarkon and dmanns67

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
RayGumm said:
attachicon.gif
uploadfromtaptalk1398897183735.jpg

This isn't *right now* because, well, frankly I forgot to do it, but this is right after we got home from my mom-in-law's house in the mountains on Easter Sunday. I changed both diff fluids and the xfer case fluids out there. We also cooked out and fished.

Cooler, charcoal lighter fluid, sideways tackle box, fishin rods, milk crate full of equipment used during fluid changes, drain pan in a trash bag, case of water bottles, and food prep stuff in the blue tray. Not pictured are the jackstands, floor jack, ratchet/socket set, and my two toolboxes full of tools.
Looks like similar to mine...

Reactions: RayGumm

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
KNBlazer said:
Looks like similar to mine...
Haha after this weekend it'll look like this but worse again! Wifey wanted to go fishin and campin for mothers day... so yah! Wasnt gonna say no!

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
I'll post a pic later...but I have

2 car stands
jumper cables
Costco's Red Floor Jack
case of water
Tote with; oil, TB cleaner, PB blaster, antifreeze, hand cleaner, funnels, towels
Case of water bottles
Tools med size box

Paranoid? lol ... I'm ready...

Reactions: dmanns67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online