Post Your Cargo Area - No Cleaning Edition!

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Don't think, just do it! Go out and snap a shot and post it. No tidying or moving stuff allowed beforehand!

View attachment 32949

Ice scraper on the left, then the air deflector and a piece of my bumper from my accident. Not pictured: Armor All wipes in the left storage compartment, spare bulbs in the right compartment. A spare bit of oil, my trailer towing equipment and glass wipes in the bottom compartment.

Attachments

• P030114_1339.jpg
    P030114_1339.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Blckshdw

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
So why is yours so clean? :raspberry: You don't need that deflector anyway. There is your first mod.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
View attachment 32957

There is towing and recovery equipement below, compressor, first aid kit and another recovery strap hidden behind the box that contains my SAR pack and gear. fuses and other small items in the right compartment. some straps in the right compartment.

Attachments

• 2014-03-01 20.26.18.jpg
    2014-03-01 20.26.18.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 63

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
No one has a rear mat? I even put a rubber mat back there too. Pics to come.

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
djthumper said:
So why is yours so clean? :raspberry: You don't need that deflector anyway. There is your first mod.

Because I've never found much of a need for anything that I don't already have loaded up. I am considering making up a small kit of common tools needed from some of the "loose pack" stuff in my box to stow away in case of emergency. And I DO need that right bumper support when I get my bumper cover replaced. Current one is broke, but it gives me visual reference.

djthumper said:
View attachment 20380

There is towing and recovery equipement below, compressor, first aid kit and another recovery strap hidden behind the box that contains my SAR pack and gear. fuses and other small items in the right compartment. some straps in the right compartment.

Is that a fire extinguisher strapped up on the left? I should seriously consider that. In the event of a fire I could at least minimize damage.

Playsinsnow said:

My RPO codes say I should have the reversible cargo mat. Obviously I don't, previous owner must have done something with it. I'm not gonna sweat something on the carpet back there, cargo area isn't where people will be sitting anyway and I can shampoo some/most/all of whatever it is out anyway.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
IllogicTC said:
Because I've never found much of a need for anything that I don't already have loaded up. I am considering making up a small kit of common tools needed from some of the "loose pack" stuff in my box to stow away in case of emergency. And I DO need that right bumper support when I get my bumper cover replaced. Current one is broke, but it gives me visual reference.

Is that a fire extinguisher strapped up on the left? I should seriously consider that. In the event of a fire I could at least minimize damage.
You don't need the deflector. Yeah I have two of them in there, the one on the left and one in the back seat area. I have a folding shovel and a few other things back there.

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
djthumper said:
You don't need the deflector. Yeah I have two of them in there, the one on the left and one in the back seat area. I have a folding shovel and a few other things back there.

No but the bumper brace (the black plastic rod) I will need. Considering whether or not to put a new deflector on. On the one hand, I don't need it, but on the other hand it's my emergency parking spot block scraper :rotfl: (not really). Trying to keep things mostly stock until it's paid off at least. And leaves an ugly lip where it clips on underneath. I'll consider it later :rotfl:

A little looking around tells me the deflector is supposed to serve a purpose though. Someone had a Saturn engineer tell him (this was in the case of a car w/ A/C vs. w/o) that the ones with A/C required it, the aerodynamics works out to help cool their particular engine. Other people say the same thing of other vehicles, too. My temp has gotten up to 207 fahrenheit recently, driving 55 in 20-40 degree weather. Never ever went above that, but I have no baseline from before it was forcibly removed to compare to.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
IllogicTC said:
No but the bumper brace (the black plastic rod) I will need. Considering whether or not to put a new deflector on. On the one hand, I don't need it, but on the other hand it's my emergency parking spot block scraper :rotfl: (not really). Trying to keep things mostly stock until it's paid off at least. And leaves an ugly lip where it clips on underneath. I'll consider it later :rotfl:

A little looking around tells me the deflector is supposed to serve a purpose though. Someone had a Saturn engineer tell him (this was in the case of a car w/ A/C vs. w/o) that the ones with A/C required it, the aerodynamics works out to help cool their particular engine. Other people say the same thing of other vehicles, too. My temp has gotten up to 207 fahrenheit recently, driving 55 in 20-40 degree weather. Never ever went above that, but I have no baseline from before it was forcibly removed to compare to.

The bumper brace is one thing... The deflector? I have never heard of that or had a problem with not having it. I know it gets much hotter here. And when you are lifted it doesn't make a difference. :wink:

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
djthumper said:
The bumper brace is one thing... The deflector? I have never heard of that or had a problem with not having it. I know it gets much hotter here. And when you are lifted it doesn't make a difference. :wink:

Lifted you're right it doesn't matter :rotfl:

I can't find anything specific to our platform on it, but that's the general consensus on a whole ton of other makes and models that have them. But thinking on it, stuff like custom bumpers also removes the thing.

Apparently the design is to force air down or to the sides at highway speeds, which creates a small vacuum under the car, thereby pulling in a bunch more air through the radiator. In contrast, someone said that having it off may allow a positive pressure to develop in the engine bay from underneath, increasing the work the fan has to do to get the same cooling and reducing the "natural" effect speed has on cooling. I can't really verify those facts, it's just what I read, so I'm taking them as "not fact until otherwise proven, but possibly the truth."

Alright, let's see some more cargo areas people! :raspberry: May start a backseat thread too, that's a pretty good crap-catcher for some people :rotfl:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:

I still have the original rear mat. It has saved my carpet over the years.

Up top is my clothing rack and to the right is my sub and stealth box.

In my storage container I have my tow straps, ratchet straps, jumper cables, first aid kit, tow hitch, can of fix-a-flat (Extreme emergencies), electric 12v air compressor, ice scraper, road flares, and emergency blanket.

I usually keep a small Craftsman toolbox with general tools in the back, but took it out to use in the house, never put it back.

Under the rear mat in the storage compartment in my amp for the sub, which is where I use to store most of my stuff. The compartment to the left is my adapter to hook up trailer brake lights/running lights.

View attachment 32965

Attachments

• 20140302_131851.jpg
    20140302_131851.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 38

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got my thump...

20140302_135915_zpsqkfqtaq6.jpg

Under that, in the cubby hole, I put the factory jack, wheel chocks, tire iron and extensions. (removed from behind the driver's side panel to install my amp) Also have a flat tire repair kit, random plastic grocery bag and recovery strap. Still plan to buy a pair of traction mats and a foldable shovel. Those should fit under the shelf easily.

20140302_140225_zpsvgzjoy0z.jpg

Not pictured, emergency kit (flares, flashlight, jumper cables), battery booster, and basketball. Those are on the 2nd and 3rd row seats, so they don't quite count.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Nice bumps. Under the rear seat is a great idea to mount the amp, did not think about that spot. Even folding down my rear seats would not touch the amp. I might have to relocate my amp and get my storage compartment back :undecided:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
dmanns67 said:
Nice bumps. Under the rear seat is a great idea to mount the amp, did not think about that spot. Even folding down my rear seats would not touch the amp. I might have to relocate my amp and get my storage compartment back :undecided:

Yeah, under the seats would be a good choice if you have the room. My OnStar is under the rear passenger side seat, and I use that, so that wasn't an option. In the LWB trucks, the jack and what not is behind the driver's side cargo panel. So I removed all that gear, drilled some holes for mounting.

01JackInstalled.jpg

02JackRemoved.jpg

This is my old mono channel Alpine

04WiredUp.jpg

And then the 5 channel I put in about 15 months ago. The good part about mounting it here, was I didn't have to worry about finding a good ground point, or removing paint to make one. There's a factory ground right on the C pillar, so I was able to use that. :thumbsup:

IMAG0222-1.jpg

Reactions: 06TrailblazerLSS

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
This is what's in my cargo area. I have in the floor storage compartment my tie-down straps, trailer hitch, tools and some lugs for the spare. Pictured are pet seat cover for my dogs ( definitely comes in hand ), compressor, jumper cables, a 07+ silverado exhaust tip I never installed (still in box ), front end bra, extra fedex shirt, a few microfiber towels and 2 boxes with some extra parts. I love the husky liner it kinda keeps things in place and spills contained in it.

View attachment 32966.jpg]

Attachments

• 20140302_132623[1].jpg
    20140302_132623[1].jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 37

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Limestone said:
Some say I'm slightly ocd....

No, that's called a place for everything and everything in its place. And in a severe wreck, every item in those totes, if they were instead loose-pack, could essentially become missiles.

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
You guys are so clean. I would be too ashamed to post pictures; I might have the TB taken away on grounds of abuse..!!

With 4 kids (one of them a messy 3 yr old to boot), a dog and a wife who never cleans the thing it looks pretty horrible most of the time. We have just moved house this weekend and it looks like death right now. Poor thing.

I try and keep it clean from time to time in amongst the thousand other things on my plate each week, but the kids can crap it up faster than I can clean. :frown:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
davenay67 said:
You guys are so clean. I would be too ashamed to post pictures; I might have the TB taken away on grounds of abuse..!!

With 4 kids (one of them a messy 3 yr old to boot), a dog and a wife who never cleans the thing it looks pretty horrible most of the time. We have just moved house this weekend and it looks like death right now. Poor thing.

I try and keep it clean from time to time in amongst the thousand other things on my plate each week, but the kids can crap it up faster than I can clean. :frown:

Post away, we will not judge. That is why this thread is labeled the "No Cleaning Edition" :thumbsup:

I am personally a little OCD and everything has it place, if it is not there then it bugs me.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
dmanns67 said:
I did not think I could get the seats folded with mounting it under. It would be fine up or down, but as it folded I think it would be in the way.

Blckshdw said:
Yeah, under the seats would be a good choice if you have the room.
04WiredUp.jpg

And then the 5 channel I put in about 15 months ago. The good part about mounting it here, was I didn't have to worry about finding a good ground point, or removing paint to make one. There's a factory ground right on the C pillar, so I was able to use that. :thumbsup:

IMAG0222-1.jpg

You know i am stealing this idea.

TexazReece said:
This is what's in my cargo area. I have in the floor storage compartment my tie-down straps, trailer hitch, tools and some lugs for the spare. Pictured are pet seat cover for my dogs ( definitely comes in hand ), compressor, jumper cables, a 07+ silverado exhaust tip I never installed (still in box ), front end bra, extra fedex shirt, a few microfiber towels and 2 boxes with some extra parts. I love the husky liner it kinda keeps things in place and spills contained in it.

View attachment 20389

I got one of these liners, but use the floor storage far too much so i have it out now.

dmanns67 said:
Post away, we will not judge. That is why this thread is labeled the "No Cleaning Edition" :thumbsup:

I am personally a little OCD and everything has it place, if it is not there then it bugs me.

I only have old pics, but I will get a fresh one and it is a mess.

Here is what I got now though.

c3.jpg

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
View attachment 33026

Mine is usually this clean in the winter. During the summer its full of fishing gear. The cargo mat is from GM Accessories. It was originally in my 2003 TB and it now resides in my 2007 TB.

Attachments

• 1969954_10201765088465252_2138373335_o.jpg
    1969954_10201765088465252_2138373335_o.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 19

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
In my defense it said no cleaning. I had to remove the strap off the spare tire to hold a ferret cage down in the other truck. The Firestik was off so I could go through the car wash, and everything else was open because I just replaced the battery in the Jetta.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
blazinlow89 said:
In my defense it said no cleaning. I had to remove the strap off the spare tire to hold a ferret cage down in the other truck. The Firestik was off so I could go through the car wash, and everything else was open because I just replaced the battery in the Jetta.

No defense needed IMO

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
Apparently I'm the only guy with a dirty cargo area. "You sit on a throne of lies!"

Jared

Attachments

• 2014-03-04 18.34.03.jpg
    2014-03-04 18.34.03.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 19

IllogicTC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
jsheahawk said:
Apparently I'm the only guy with a dirty cargo area. "You sit on a throne of lies!"

Jared

blazin's also looked fairly messy. And you sit on a throne of blue camping chair :rotfl:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Mesoholics

Apr 2, 2012
jsheahawk said:
Apparently I'm the only guy with a dirty cargo area.

Nah mine is brutal right now, my friend borrowed the truck to move a load of firewood etc and neglected to put down a tarp so it is filled with various bits of bark/sand/dirt/who knows what and I didn't vacuum it before the truck went away for the winter.

I do have a pic from the summertime though, bit more presentable.

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
IllogicTC said:
blazin's also looked fairly messy. And you sit on a throne of blue camping chair :rotfl:
It is clean once a year or so. I love my throne.

Mesoholics said:
Nah mine is brutal right now, my friend borrowed the truck to move a load of firewood etc and neglected to put down a tarp so it is filled with various bits of bark/sand/dirt/who knows what and I didn't vacuum it before the truck went away for the winter.

I do have a pic from the summertime though, bit more presentable.

Cheater. :raspberry:

Jared

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
IllogicTC said:
Don't think, just do it! Go out and snap a shot and post it. No tidying or moving stuff allowed beforehand!
Not dig through your pics...

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
Haha, what cargo area?

The box and batteries are the same but the dustcap on the sub and amps on top have changed since this first picture.

PIC_0042.jpg

pic of the battery bank to the right of the subwoofer box:
CD254199.jpg

new amp's from the one in the first pic:
CD254198.jpg

new dustcap on sub, don't mind the bad glue job I did, it was my very first recone on a sub:
CD254195.jpg

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
Sorry but can you tell me what to do for posting pics from photobucket? I tried the email&im and direct url from my photobucket and it said it was too large. Just want to know for the future. Thanks for fixing it too! :thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
kickass audio said:
Sorry but can you tell me what to do for posting pics from photobucket? I tried the email&im and direct url from my photobucket and it said it was too large. Just want to know for the future. Thanks for fixing it too! :thumbsup:

No problem. Go in to Update Link Options, and enable IMG code. That's the one you wanna copy and paste on the forum. :yes:

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Uh, so is this the forum for the shittiest looking rear compartment? I have some pictures.

kickass-audio

I forgot, are you into pro comp?

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
CaptainXL said:
kickass-audio

I forgot, are you into pro comp?

There isn't anything pro about a single 18 running at .5 ohms off a 5kw amp and only hitting 146.6db. lol. I just have it for personal enjoyment. I will eventually upgrade it more but thats way on the back burner.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online