Official FedEX UPS USPS Vent Thread!!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
So UPS has time machines now? Scanning into the future??
uploadfromtaptalk1422318655488.jpg

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
USPS has the worst tracking ever!

FedEx Never Rings the doorbell. I've watched them do it countless times and they just wont.

UPS, Zero Issues. If I know I have something coming I'll give my driver a call find out where he is and pick it up from him. Anyone can do this. If you see your driver and think you have something coming stop and ask him. More than likely he'll be happy to give it to you. It just saves him a stop down the road. Since I work for UPS I've seen and know how things are done around our center.

Reactions: gmcman

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
USPS consistently delivers...my mail to my neighbor and vice-versa. The boxes are next to each other on the roadside, I get that. Our names are in no way similar, however. And then there is this cool deal where each box has a different number plastered on it.

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
My Nexus 6 arrived at the destination sort facility ahead of schedule with another package at the same check in time. They held my Nexus 6 at the destination sort facility because it was ahead of schedule and my other package was sent to my local fedex. My destination sort facility is in Pittsburgh PA less than 2 hrs away.

Reactions: Capote

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
SnowBlazer said:
I didn't receive the message that we now get mail on Sundays :rotfl:

Trkdrvremt said:
Actually the post office does deliver on sun in some areas
It's a deal they have with Amazon.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Got something coming from Canada and it hasn't moved once since it was dropped off at the post office two days ago....

From what I've read usps international sucks a big one and it takes forever for it to get through customs.

Reactions: Eric04

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Like a drunk playing darts, my router was hitting everywhere but Indiana lol... IL, then OH... then MI.... Finally Indiana 2 days late

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
This is getting ridiculous. Been sitting there since the seventh and is still expected to be delivered Monday. Last Monday. :hissyfit:

Screenshot_2015-08-07-21-56-31_zpsgv7lrkpf_edit_1439411599929.png_zpswvm6bytp.jpeg

What I've read online says that they will get it figured out and heading this way eventually.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
This is getting ridiculous. Been sitting there since the seventh and is still expected to be delivered Monday. Last Monday. :hissyfit:

Screenshot_2015-08-07-21-56-31_zpsgv7lrkpf_edit_1439411599929.png_zpswvm6bytp.jpeg

What I've read online says that they will get it figured out and heading this way eventually.
Can't remember what it was that I ordered, but it sat in one of their facilities a week before even leaving the state the item was being sent from...

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
At work, we had a time sensitive document that was supposed to be overnighted from MA to FL and it ended up in France.

I wanna say it was UPS

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I bought two things on Sunday, one from Jack's Small Engine repair and one from Amazon marketplace. Both are coming from Cali via USPS, with the one from Amazon I paid extra for expedited shipping.

Looks like they're both arriving tomorrow....farking seriously?

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Looks like I just had to get on here and complain to get my package moving. It's in Georgia now.

But if I had to guess, it won't be here anytime soon after more "processing exception"

Screenshot_2015-08-13-19-19-20_zpscvnkr3zd.png

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Mounce said:
Got something coming from Canada and it hasn't moved once since it was dropped off at the post office two days ago....

From what I've read usps international sucks a big one and it takes forever for it to get through customs.
But......the package generally clears customs with no fees on the other end. USPS is more expensive but again, you normally don't see any extra customs fees. UPS may get it through quicker and cheaper, but many times you or the recipient gets hit with a brokerage fee.

Matt said:
I bought two things on Sunday, one from Jack's Small Engine repair and one from Amazon marketplace. Both are coming from Cali via USPS, with the one from Amazon I paid extra for expedited shipping.

Looks like they're both arriving tomorrow....farking seriously?
Nice thing about the post office....once in the system, it's generally 2 or 3 days anywhere in the US....hard to beat that.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
gmcman said:
Nice thing about the post office....once in the system, it's generally 2 or 3 days anywhere in the US....hard to beat that.
They both went to the post office Monday, so I should have had them Wednesday or Thursday, with the expedited on getting here earlier.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Twas no notice actually left. Guess I'll fill out their little redelivery thing then if it don't come Monday I'll go to the PO and get it.

Screenshot_2015-08-16-00-19-11_zpsqyxctkhz.png

Also, the mail ran before 2:30 so their 5:13 BS is in fact some BS.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Matt said:
They both went to the post office Monday, so I should have had them Wednesday or Thursday, with the expedited on getting here earlier.
So, finally got an update. It was in Cleveland yesterday (40 minutes north of here), then went to Warrendale, PA...WTF?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
Twas no notice actually left. Guess I'll fill out their little redelivery thing then if it don't come Monday I'll go to the PO and get it.

Screenshot_2015-08-16-00-19-11_zpsqyxctkhz.png

Also, the mail ran before 2:30 so their 5:13 BS is in fact some BS.
What the hell did you order that takes 11 days to get from NY to AL? You could have driven there and picked it up by now. I have ordered from CA and it arrives across the country to MD in 3-4 days.

However, my last purchase I made recently on EBay, the seller is dragging their feet. Made a shipping label 4 days ago, but has not moved. Seller is in CA as well.

The estimated delivery window is the best, any where from 8/18 (Not happening) to 8/31 :no: I assume that is EBay's generic estimate as to prevent a neutral or negative review for a seller.

To top that off, I get an email from EBay showing the shipping service as UPS, but then they provide a USPS tracking # :duh: I have ordered enough items from online that I can tell what parcel service is being used by looking at the tracking number.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
What the hell did you order that takes 11 days to get from NY to AL? You could have driven there and picked it up by now. I have ordered from CA and it arrives across the country to MD in 3-4 days.

However, my last purchase I made recently on EBay, the seller is dragging their feet. Made a shipping label 4 days ago, but has not moved. Seller is in CA as well.
Some EBay sellers are so damn slow to ship. Its only the ones that regularly sell items that move with a purpose

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
For the seventh time, in the fifteen years i have lived here, a UPS truck backed over my mail box while backing out of the neighbor across the streets' driveway. Gonna edit the video of the incident and send it to them for another $90 claim.

Reactions: Sib and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
DAlastDON said:
For the seventh time, in the fifteen years i have lived here, a UPS truck backed over my mail box while backing out of the neighbor across the streets' driveway. Gonna edit the video of the incident and send it to them for another $90 claim.
Wow that's ridiculous

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Capote said:
Wow that's ridiculous
I have the worst luck with my mail box. Been run over 12 times. It has also been run over by the FedEX truck three times, a teenager, and a drunk driver that lives around the corner. FedEX and the drunk bought me a new mail box but the teenager i let off the hook for doing the right thing and knocking on my door and owning up to it when it happened.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
Some EBay sellers are so damn slow to ship. Its only the ones that regularly sell items that move with a purpose

Hell I have had packages in the mail quicker from sellers that have 100 or less for their feedback score. This seller has almost 60,000.

Damn Don. Maybe UPS needs to invest in some backup cameras or maybe a ground guide.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
DAlastDON said:
Or i could build a brick mailbox or set a piece of steel instead of 4x4 post. Do some damage to their truck.
You should dude

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The remote finally showed up yesterday...left a chitty feedback on their Amazon account hoping they'll refund the shipping cost.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
DAlastDON said:
I would rent a 2-person auger, pick up a 6" I-beam 6' long and cement 3' of it in the ground. Then use some type of wood to make a box around the beam.

The next incident would be interesting.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Few around my area use cranks from semi trucks to put the mailbox on. My SIL totaled a car when she fell asleep and hit one.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
That's a great idea. One of our Mack 16L crankshafts would make for an awesome mailbox post, over 350lbs.

Just got a notification saying the package has finally been accepted by USPS 5 days later :no: Must be a mix up with their shipping notification as most of the seller's negative reviews are due to people no being able to track their package. They kept trying to track the USPS tracking number in the UPS tracking system :duh: Tracking number for each parcel service is obviously different, but stupidity does not warrant a negative review just because you cannot track the package IMO.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:

The estimated delivery window is the best, any where from 8/18 (Not happening) to 8/31 :no: I assume that is EBay's generic estimate as to prevent a neutral or negative review for a seller.

To top that off, I get an email from EBay showing the shipping service as UPS, but then they provide a USPS tracking # :duh: I have ordered enough items from online that I can tell what parcel service is being used by looking at the tracking number.
Just saw your post, it was a measly power adapter for a modem. Package was 4x4" plastic bag deal.

What made it take so long are the "processing exceptions" which means that the robot wouldn't read the code so it had to be manually sorted at EVERY stop along the way and they were taking their time with it.

Reactions: dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Shot clear past GA.....
uploadfromtaptalk1439996596259.jpeg

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Makes sense. When I order from TRS, my package will go from GA right through MD to PA then back down to MD :no:

Cant complain as my package was supposedly delivered today, but as far as the tracking goes, the package was accepted in CA, no updates for days until today when it showed delivered. UPS provides the best tracking updates IMO and usually my first choice for parcel service.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm not even an hour from Savannah...still isn't here and I bet they stop delivering around this time fromuploadfromtaptalk1440112297705.jpeg

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
4x4 transfer case was left by UPS on my porch today. It looks like someone threw it off a roof (probably fell off the truck). Now to start the claims process...

When I got home the box was hanging wide open (the broken tape says do not accept if open, smh) and a few of the transmission side studs are badly bent.

He had plywood, bubble wrap, and cardboard securing the transfer case inside, and it looked like it would have been okay if they hadn't dropped it off a truck or whatever happened.

Attachments

• 20150820_181735.jpg
    20150820_181735.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150820_185516.jpg
    20150820_185516.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 6

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
24v 4.2 said:
4x4 transfer case was left by UPS on my porch today. It looks like someone threw it off a roof (probably fell off the truck). Now to start the claims process...

When I got home the box was hanging wide open (the broken tape says do not accept if open, smh) and a few of the transmission side studs are badly bent.

He had plywood, bubble wrap, and cardboard securing the transfer case inside, and it looked like it would have been okay if they hadn't dropped it off a truck or whatever happened.
Wow that's ridiculous, either it really fell off or it was too heavy for whoever delivered it and they just dropped it saying eff it. I've seen how UPS guys handle stuff, its sad

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online