Official FedEX UPS USPS Vent Thread!!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Matt said:
Good experience with USPS just now...Sunday delivery! Ordered a couple of things Friday from Amazon Prime and the free 2 day shipping now includes Sunday delivery. :thumbsup:
Prime includes Sunday shipping now? When did they change that?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Dang...prime actually is a bit appealing now

Reactions: TexazReece

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm having a hard time figuring out how dumb you have to be to put a package next to an unlocked box that says "PACKAGE DELIVERY" plain and clear on it... That's ridiculous.

Reactions: Capote

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Looks like I'll have it year round.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Nobody is allowed to talk any more shit about FED-EX, I ordered a full set of Rotors and brakes on eBay Christmas Eve Morning and they were delivered This morning. I had no idea they were shipping from CANADA but damn that was fast....and on Christmas too!! :yikes:

They left the package at the front office of our apartments because we were not home this morning. :yes:

Delivered to address other than recipient
Dec-26-14, 09:28 PST, NEWNAN, GA 30263
Customer not available or business closed
Dec-26-14, 09:28 PST, ATLANTA, GA 30354
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
Dec-26-14, 05:07 PST, ATLANTA, GA 30354
At local FedEx facility
Dec-26-14, 04:02 PST, ATLANTA, GA 30354
At destination sort facility
Dec-26-14, 00:56 PST, ATLANTA, GA 30320
Departed FedEx location
Dec-26-14, 00:03 PST, MEMPHIS, TN 38118
In transit
Dec-25-14, 02:22 PST, MEMPHIS, TN 38118
International shipment release - Import
Dec-24-14, 22:35 PST, MEMPHIS, TN 38194
Arrived at FedEx location
Dec-24-14, 18:46 PST, MEMPHIS, TN 38118
In transit
Dec-24-14, 15:51 PST, OTTAWA, ON K1V0X1
Left FedEx origin facility
Dec-24-14, 12:09 PST, OTTAWA, ON K1V0X1
Picked up
Dec-24-14, 12:04 PST, OTTAWA, ON K1V0X1
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Dec-24-14, 10:25 PST

So I guess I am ranting about how awesome they were this time around :yes:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BlazingTrails said:
Nobody is allowed to talk any more shit about FED-EX...
Fine, but I WILL bash on the USPS some more. This is the tracking for that power supply I bought last week that arrived Monday. See if you can tell what's wrong here :duh: :hopeless:

USPSFail_zps11c65e7a.jpg

Reactions: Decembersend

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Lmao

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Mounce said:
:rotfl: did it get delivered to you, Carlton?

Usps delivered two different people's mail to my box today..wonder who got my mail. :no:
That's the funny thing, it was delivered, and delivered THAT day! I get mail for a lot of people that don't live here anymore. Usually every couple of days, I drop off a stack of mail that needs to be returned to sender. :banghead:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm guessing they gave you the wrong tracking number?

Bad thing is, we've lived here for 27 years, no excuses for the mail man besides laziness from not checking the mail he was putting in the box.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Mounce said:
I'm guessing they gave you the wrong tracking number?
Nope, it was the right number. Guy from Ebay who I bought it from emailed it to me, as well as posted it on the purchase history. I was expecting to have to call USPS customer service and cuss somebody out when I saw the tracking update that morning. When I got home, and checked my mail, it was there in the box. So no idea how their tracking got that messed up.

Reactions: Mounce

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
BlazingTrails said:
Nobody is allowed to talk any more shit about FED-EX...

So I guess I am ranting about how awesome they were this time around :yes:
I'm guessing GMTNation Forums member TexazReece had it on his route?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Item missing since August just made it back to the seller. Finally a get a couple bucks back.

Reactions: Blckshdw

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
USPS had a substitute guy delivering our mail one Saturday. He was smoking a cigar, he'd come up, put the mail in the box, take a big ol' puff and let it out in personal triumph, and then continue on. It was interesting.

Reactions: Mounce and Capote

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
FEDEX broke the lever off of a circuit breaker I had delivered from amazon...

jailfood

Dec 7, 2011
USPS delivers me the neighbors mail all the time. It's just lazy.

Fedex bites, priority overnight delivered at 4:30 Friday. I needed that dang part Friday morning not Friday evening.

UPS... AKA OOOPS!. Now this is years and years ago I worked as a shipping and recieving clerk at an old GE plant. I took delivery of chemicals all the time. All of them were marked for safety with MSDS sheets and lables etc etc.. So one day the OOOPS man shows up to my dock door and begins his usual tossing of packages onto the dock. He hears one crash and break, says OOOPS, closes his door and drives off. Well I don't remember the exact chemical anymore but it was hazardous. Gotta evac the building, call in the spill response team to get it all cleaned up. A Freekin disaster, mostly cause it was caustic.

Yeah, he didn't deliver to the plant after that. I haven't called them UPS since, just OOPS.

Now funny part is years later I became friends with a UPS driver and told him the story, he was like, wow I always wondered why he lost that route.

Reactions: Mounce and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
When usps doesn't scan an item when it leaves one location and you think it's been sitting there for two days instead of moving...
Every past few deliveries in my case..........[emoji35]

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
When usps doesn't scan an item when it leaves one location and you think it's been sitting there for two days instead of moving...
Thats why USPS tracking is by far the worst. Happens with all my orders.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I've never had a bad experience with my local drivers.
FedEx doesn't run here often, but the UPS and USPS drivers are extremely friendly and always very helpful.

My driveway is 1/8th mile of steep and sloppy gravel/mud but the drivers make their best effort to get packages to my front door.
When it snows/ices the UPS driver will back up the driveway until the truck gets stuck, then carry/hand-truck packages the rest of the way to the porch.
Prior to 2008 our mail truck was a Ford Explorer (*was*), but now our route got an actual Grumman LLV so in inclement weather the mail lady uses her personal truck for deliveries.
Both drivers are absolutely exceptional.

I completely agree though, USPS has horrible tracking. "Delivered" packages may or may not be delivered yet.
I got worried when a camera I ordered was "delivered" but never showed up. Turns out it was still at the post office and showed up here 2 days later.
A few years ago I had something from Texas shipped via USPS, and according to the tracking my package was taken on a tour of Mexico before making its way to Baltimore.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
We were stopped waiting on an emergency bit of hardware coming through FedEx today. But that's to be expected, it all depends on when it was received and from where, and even then it's all about maximizing the number of stops in a minimum amount of time and with as efficient of a route as possible. That's half the secret why it doesn't cost us twice as much as it already does.

Not that I was too excited about the hardware. We switched to Ashland, and it's all Hecho En Mexico... Truth was made in Minnesota and wasn't a pain to put together!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Left origin facility 8 north jersey at 1:30 am, delivery date today. Well my cabin air filter door isn't in my hands right now so I guess not. Dam postal service. [emoji20]

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
My USPS tracking was a joke for my last package. The worst I have seen out of USPS. 20 Jan- electronic shipping notificiation received. 23- Jan delivered at from door. :no:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Fedex smart post...why the fark does it go from Grove City, OH (2.5 hours from me) to Scranton, PA, then to my post office in Tallmadge, OH...makes no farking sense.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Trkdrvremt said:
Maybe it's with mine... Lol
Hey that looks awfully familiar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online