Official FedEX UPS USPS Vent Thread!!

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
We all have at least one story to tell about how any of these carriers screwed up our shipments...so post your story here! :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
No help from USPS when they delivered something meant for me to an old address. No foloow up with the people that live there now that stole the item rather than returning it to sender or to the PO.

Reactions: Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Mine's still a work in progress. Ordered a hard drive, tracking shows it was delivered a week ago, Monday. Box should have been in a parcel locker next to the community mail boxes, and a parcel locker key in my box, that wasn't the case. Called USPS Tuesday... got nowhere. Filed a complaint online, no response, or even an email confirmation. After seeing a post from May03LT, I decided to contact NewEgg on Friday(just to complain mostly) They filed a complaint on my behalf, and Saturday evening I had an emal and voicemail from the USPS customer service supervisor at the hub that handles my mail, with a contact person to call Monday morning (today).

Called that number and gave the run down to that person who's now investigating and is supposed to call me back later. Best case scenario, my delivery is in the box, and they forgot to give me the key. Decent case scenario, I get a replacement that actually gets to me. Worst case scenario, the claim gets denied, I'm out some money, and have to deal with it.

Will post the results when all this pans out.

danj

Sep 29, 2014
I shipped a piece to another forum user here, and it showed up broken. I almost fell over when he told me USPS sent him a check for the part in less then 2 weeks. I've never known the government to even look at a piece of paper in 45 days if it means they have to give someone money. Let alone process it.

I'm disappointed that they couldn't manage to deliver a package without damaging it (seriously, you had one job) , but they were really good about resolving the issue.

Reactions: Blckshdw

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry guys...I personally haven't had any issues with any shipping. And ive bought over 150 items. My chrome repos.....tires...clothes...electronics etc. Never had any issues. Sorry about your guys' luck.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
At my old house we lived on a dirt road, and if it ever rained UPS would not deliver at all. It would say "Recipient was not home redeliver the following day" or something like that. but they never even came down the road.

Fedex; for some reason half of my packages would come from the Doraville GA terminal and the others out of Lagrange terminal. anytime the packages came out of Lagrange (which was way closer) it always took 2-3 days longer and a couple of times they actually called me lost?? lmao
out of the doraville terminal they never got lost or slow ever.

FK DHL you slow bastards.

Love USPS <3 :yes:

Reactions: BHAMER

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Can't complain about any... yet... :biggrin:

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Both FedEx and UPS drivers have backed over my mail box multiple times after pulling into the driveway across the street to deliver a package.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
USPS, I send mail back home on a semi regular basis. It should take 6-10 days for a card to get there according to them, but it regularly takes 21+ days to get there...for a farkin card. Now I have to send them a month early just to be sure they get there on time.

smt 59

UPS- no issues so far with the big brown truck.

USPS-tracking system failed and no one new where my package was, they called me to inform me, I laughed and told them the package was delivered and parts installed. lol

Fed X- Surprise.....you owe us $70.00 that was never discussed.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
UPS had my last neighborhood at the end of a route. They would be running behind and never go by...then tracking would be updated with could not determine address. Sadly I had a concrete keystone with the address set into the brick front of the house. One year before heading on the TECORE offroad trip it happened two days in a row so i called and went off on the dispatcher. They had the hubs i needed before i could leave at 4 am the next morning. They told me they would call the truck yard and have someone get the package off the truck I got there about 8 and waited til near 10 to get my package but the SOBs did give me my shit and I got them installed and made the trip.

UPS has always been the most pathetic of all shipping to me.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Dammit, you beat me to the punch Ryan, but yes this thread needed to happen!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got this email a few minutes ago. Looks like I'm getting that SSD replaced. Hopefully it doesn't get lost this time :nono:

NewEggResolution_zps94bdd66c.jpg

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Good luck...lol

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
Here in NYC FedEx SUCKS. For every different level of service (multiplied by business or residential), there's different buildings and trucks. And, you never get the same guy. I avoid FedSux like the plague.

UPS is great around here. Almost always the same one or two trucks, they know me and every type of service goes through the same buildings and delivery trucks. Problem? They just missed you? Calling UPS customer service and they can send the guy a message on his DIAD and he usually comes back. PLUS my usual delivery guy is a hotroder and I can call him on his cellphone.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
UPS has a thing where you can create an account and log in. From there, enter your address info and you can give some special instructions on how the package should be delivered. Helps for odd schedules.

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
Yep, "my UPS" Very helpful.

If I was to pick one bad thing about UPS, some packages are sent as "smart ship" which means the post office makes the final delivery. You can't change how it delivered or have it held for you to pick it up.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
I wonder why someone hasn't invented a parcel box, like a mailbox but for parcels. It could be, say, 3x3x3 on the interior which is plenty of room for a good majority of packages. It defaults to a locked position, with an indicator showing locked. When expecting a package, the owner can disengage the lock, and when the driver arrives they can place the package in the box, then push the lid closed which will re-engage the lock. I suppose something like a hood latch - you unlock it, and putting the lid back down re-locks it.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
IllogicTC said:
I wonder why someone hasn't invented a parcel box, like a mailbox but for parcels. It could be, say, 3x3x3 on the interior which is plenty of room for a good majority of packages. It defaults to a locked position, with an indicator showing locked. When expecting a package, the owner can disengage the lock, and when the driver arrives they can place the package in the box, then push the lid closed which will re-engage the lock. I suppose something like a hood latch - you unlock it, and putting the lid back down re-locks it.
those things are everywhere bro, I used to have one, and a lot of businesses have them as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=google.cop%2C&oq=google.cop%2C&aqs=chrome..69i57j5j69i58j69i65j69i60j5.1176j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=parcel+box&tbm=shop

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
after a week of playing "where's my package" with FedEx after they said it was delivered, i got a call today saying i should contact the shipper (amazon) and have them file a claim.

glad it was just a $200 drop hitch i needed to use last weekend before it snowed more....

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Paul Bell said:
Yep, "my UPS" Very helpful.

If I was to pick one bad thing about UPS, some packages are sent as "smart ship" which means the post office makes the final delivery. You can't change how it delivered or have it held for you to pick it up.
actually, "my ups" gives you the option to automatically upgrade those packages to ground for a few bucks

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
IllogicTC said:
here's my box, and there's my package on the gas meter... it doesn't matter how big the box is when the guy delivering it is an idiot. (the pumpkins were put there when i got home, after it was delivered)

sorry for the multiple posts, posting from my phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417066852867.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417066852867.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: dmanns67

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Grimor said:
here's my box, and there's my package on the gas meter... it doesn't matter how big the box is when the guy delivering it is an idiot. (the pumpkins were put there when i got home, after it was delivered)

Now that's ridiculous...it's spelled out for him right on the box :no:

I don't have many issues out of shipping companies usps and UPS are normally pretty good. Fed Ex is slower than the other two and DHL...well they take forever.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Grimor said:

Nice idea :thumbsup:

For the hundreds of online orders I have placed over the years, I have only had a couple bad experiences with all carriers. I'd say less than 1%.

We all focus on the bad experiences even if it is 1 out of every 100.

When it comes to tracking a package, USPS has to be by far the worst. You will see an acceptance location, time, and date. Then it will jump to delivered a few days later :no:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Some will also tell you what hubs the package has been run through, but that doesn't help much. It'd be quite interesting to have a "semi-live" view. I mean, all those trucks have schedules they follow, they'll deliver the packages in a certain order based on an optimized route. When the package is on the final truck to your house, it could theoretically be loosely "tracked" by simulating the vehicle's movements along its various stops. If the tablet computer they use has support for communicating via cell tower or wi-fi already to report packages delivered in real-time, the "tracker" could automatically be updated with new position in case they're running ahead or behind.

I think I'll patent this and sell the idea to one of them.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
A company that shares our business park makes asset tracking devices for trucks, trailers, shipping containers, etc. UPS and FedEx and courier companies and Uber know where their stuff is at all times. They just don't share it with the public.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The_Roadie said:
A company that shares our business park makes asset tracking devices for trucks, trailers, shipping containers, etc. UPS and FedEx and courier companies and Uber know where their stuff is at all times. They just don't share it with the public.
Also fun to note, RFID tags are a potential reality for packages arriving at the home. Dematic pioneered the ability to run a conveyor sortation system using RFID tags instead of barcode labels on the boxes a few years ago. If they upgraded to RFID, they could see the package as it went into sortation just like always, but additional scanners could confirm whether it truly entered the truck to go to the next/final destination, and apps could be made available with compatible smart-devices so that end consumers could immediately know which package they're getting.

The current system, unless they've ordered the upgrades where photosensors are used to detect a box hitting a takeaway lane after the sorter fires (and even then, it's just ASSUMED this is the correct box), there is no checking after the sort is confirmed by the absence of the box at the next photo-update. From here, that box could fall into a net or something at any point before it goes down into the truck, and if it's in a tricky spot to see, it could very well be there a while. That's where those stories of packages arriving a year after USPS initially received them come from.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got a small box this week via USPS and it was crushed to the point of ripped open. Luckily nothing was lost!

BHAMER

Aug 22, 2014
For personal stuff not to much to complain about, but at work LET ME TELL YA!!!

We had to order a quarter panel for a MPV, last one in the US. It came ups, the bozo, rolled it off of the back of his truck!!!! Luckily the box was the only thing damaged. The drivers just seem to be in a hurry and not care about what their jobs really are!! Deliver packages in tact in a timely manner!

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Well I work for Fedex and a lot of times I see the packages coming down the conveyor totally f'ed up and they still require us to deliver the item smdh. I always refuse to deliver if the package is damaged or opened but a BUNCH of people there don't care. I see packages being thrown, walked on even drop on purpose and I can't see how anyone would want to be so careless. I must say that there is a difference from FedEx Express and FedEx Ground which most do not know. What makes me aggravated sometimes is when I attempt to deliver a package people ask, What is it? I say to myself that oh I forgot I was present when you ordered it, I packaged it and now I'm here to deliver it to your door lmao. There has been numerous times I've had the recipient get mad at me for not leaving it at the office when there were not at home and the office either does not take in packages for residents or is closed. I deliver my residential packages in the evening because that is the best time to catch people when they are home but not all drivers can do this due to time sensitive deliveries or heavy routes. Now the ones that make no effort to deliver should be canned if weather or any other circumstance has not happened.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Paul Bell said:
FedEx needs more guys like you!
I think all delivery companies need guys like Reece! :yes:

Edit:

Blckshdw said:
Will post the results when all this pans out.

Almost forgot... My replacement hard drive arrived yesterday. It was delivered in a small box inside a bubble wrap envelope. Kinda upset me when I saw it, since I'm used to hard drives being delivered in larger boxes with more packing, BUT, an SSD doesn't break as easily so it's all good. I am now enjoying < 60 second reboot times on my HTPC :wooot:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I've seen a pack of 5 pens shipped in a large box ( office max ) numerous times servers/computers shipped with just a label no box and even fragile things shipped so badly there wasn't much of a box covering it.

Reactions: dmanns67

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Loosely on the subject of parcel delivery... my automatic feed screwgun ran out of the special screws for it Wednesday. We have two screws that are very slightly different, with the auto-feed ones having a slightly bigger head to balance it better and catch the air to come up through the tube better. Inventory told us it'd be Friday before we got more. Friday came, we didn't get more.

Luckily, the smaller ones seem to work okay as long as you clear ALL of the larger ones out of the feed hopper first, or they jam and double-up way too much. The newer hose I guess kept them from sticking in the tubes, that used to be how you know you loaded the wrong screws.

Usually we'd get inventory overnighted to us in situations like this, but they stopped that to save money. They also have a "5S" and "JIT" style they want to use, but don't receive inventory in a timely-enough manner to truly do it. The idea is to have only what you need at your station without having tons of extra stuff, and this is also to help keep inventory on-hand down. In a true JIT system, you would literally receive the parts just as you need them. Our setup wouldn't allow that, so receiving three shipments a week to keep what we need around would be nice, but they backed off to two and now I think just one.

I really miss the UPS guy right about now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online