Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Blinded [emoji41]

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If they are indeed super bright, you could possibly get away with only running them around the perimeter of the gauges, and remove the stock bulbs without replacing them with individual LEDs. Some experimentation would be required of course, but that's what we do in this thread. :deal:

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Blckshdw said:
If they are indeed super bright, you could possibly get away with only running them around the perimeter of the gauges, and remove the stock bulbs without replacing them with individual LEDs. Some experimentation would be required of course, but that's what we do in this thread. :deal:
Eh.. I think I'm going with some 5050 smds for the gauges.. Gotta keep the pink [emoji6].. But thought bout maybe some footwell lighting or some type of puddle lamp with the 7020..

Reactions: Capote

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Anyone got links to recommend some new 194 LEDs for the interior and l.p? The panels aren't cutting it anymore. Looking more for a whiter cooler

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
kjkim93 said:
Anyone got links to recommend some new 194 LEDs for the interior and l.p? The panels aren't cutting it anymore. Looking more for a whiter cooler
The 194s with the 5630 chips are crazy bright. I upgraded from the 5050 chips and it appears to be 2-3 times as bright. Found them on EBay. Just search "194 5630 LED". They also have 5730s that are a little brighter, but did not see many sellers offering this size chip. The ones i picked up came in 5500K.

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
kjkim93 said:
I like changing it up every often. But it seems like they got started becoming a hint bluer from when I first used them. Looking more for a whiter set now
Well from my experience 5630 smd strips are very bright and white.. So maybe check them out in 194 versions?

Reactions: kjkim93

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Ok question...

I installed some led brake lights and ever since, when I have the radio on, it seems to create radio interference when I step on the brakes.

Is this to be expected? Has anyone had this happen? Is there anything I can do to eliminate the static?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Sib said:
Ok question...

I installed some led brake lights and ever since, when I have the radio on, it seems to create radio interference when I step on the brakes.

Is this to be expected? Has anyone had this happen? Is there anything I can do to eliminate the static?
Never installed LED bulbs in the tails, I went straight to after market LED tail lights. No issues or radio interference. Carlton might have some ideas. :popcorn:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My HIDs create radio interference but never have had interference from my tails :confused:

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
dmanns67 said:
Never installed LED bulbs in the tails, I went straight to after market LED tail lights. No issues or radio interference. Carlton might have some ideas. :popcorn:
I def wanna get some after market tails. Prolly wait until spring/summer. Not sure if I want IPCW or Depo yet. Love the way yours and Carltons both look. :undecided:

Sparky said:
My HIDs create radio interference but never have had interference from my tails :confused:
My HIDs give me interference on FM but I mostly listen to sports radio on AM and that is where the issue is coming from.

Reactions: dmanns67

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Where did you get the bulbs from? If your HIDs also caused the problem, then I wouldn't suspect just them.

Maybe you need to check the splice pack for the radio stack. There's a grounding point on the passenger side of the center console, behind that flap of carpet. Maybe the bolt has backed out a bit and needs to be torqued down some. I think I have a pic of that somewhere, lemme try to find it.

Edit:
Behind here...
IMAG0476.jpg

You'll find this...
IMAG0474.jpg

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Blckshdw said:
Where did you get the bulbs from? If your HIDs also caused the problem, then I wouldn't suspect just them.

Maybe you need to check the splice pack for the radio stack. There's a grounding point on the passenger side of the center console, behind that flap of carpet. Maybe the bolt has backed out a bit and needs to be torqued down some. I think I have a pic of that somewhere, lemme try to find it.

Edit:
Behind here...
IMAG0476.jpg

You'll find this...
IMAG0474.jpg
Got the bulbs from eBay. Just some 3157CKs.

I'll take a look at the grounding point. Thanks for the pics.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
My various leds in the Mustang also feedback weird. Started out as flashing lights on the radio in sequence with the turn signal, now after an aftermarket radio, when I push the brakes the front parking lights come on. And the leds in my cluster are always barely on until actually turned on. Weird animals, they are.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Sparky said:
I have heard the same about the Cree LED headlights. Since I have SirusXM, I never listen to FM so I do not have any interference at all. I do have a whine in the passenger rear door speaker that changes with RPMs during the winter months. I suspect that it is a loose ground like Carlton mentioned or something in the rear HVAC/Radio unit. When the whine starts, if I hit the side of the console, it goes away.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
I have heard the same about the Cree LED headlights. Since I have SirusXM, I never listen to FM so I do not have any interference at all. I do have a whine in the passenger rear door speaker that changes with RPMs during the winter months. I suspect that it is a loose ground like Carlton mentioned or something in the rear HVAC/Radio unit. When the whine starts, if I hit the side of the console, it goes away.
Do you have rear audio controls? The potentiometers on those controls in those units go bad and cause that.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Mounce said:
My various leds in the Mustang also feedback weird. Started out as flashing lights on the radio in sequence with the turn signal, now after an aftermarket radio, when I push the brakes the front parking lights come on. And the leds in my cluster are always barely on until actually turned on. Weird animals, they are.
I'm betting that these are the wrong bulbs then or wrong connectors. I remember long ago putting a single filament bulb into a dual filament socket (this was my 76 pontiac Lemans). With the car turned off I could push the turn signal lever and it would light, steady not blinking, the turn signal in the front where that bulb was. It was giving other problems in other lamps as well.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
mcsteven said:
I'm betting that these are the wrong bulbs then or wrong connectors. I remember long ago putting a single filament bulb into a dual filament socket (this was my 76 pontiac Lemans). With the car turned off I could push the turn signal lever and it would light, steady not blinking, the turn signal in the front where that bulb was. It was giving other problems in other lamps as well.
Every bulb in my car is LED now. (edit: I guess you could call that wrong bulbs) Your case with the turn signal is due to the resistance that a factory flasher relay needs to have on the circuit to function right.

Funny though, that exact thing happened to me once but I had leds and the problem was that I re-wired a connector in the steering column wrong. Had the same symptom.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Might try doing some searching here and OS. I've seen stuff about it once or twice but it's been a long time ago, it's the potentiometers in the knobs back there on the audio controls that are said to be at fault in the ones I've seen.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
gpking said:
I needed some more light behind me so it was time for an upgrade.

Old bulbs:
b2ffe6dc1820fe9beab409df1a3c70a9.jpg

New bulbs:
1971f45ec8749cb4b1b4377d4bbd0819.jpg
Broken links

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Pics work for me.

Reactions: Sib

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I need to get my DDM recall done so I can do interior leds

Reactions: djthumper
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Anyone help me out with finding some 3156/57 bases.. Got an idea for wiring up a turn signal but want it to be just like stock.. Plug and play.. I've searched eBay a lil bit but not for sure what they would be called.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Midnyteryder196 said:
Correct.. Base only.. Want to wire up strips or what ever I'm going to use for turns to a base so it's all plug n play
I like that idea bro

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online