DEAL A Canadian Decal Vendor

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
I wonder what kind of "bonuses" I can expect when I place my order - finally.... :undecided: :raspberry:

vinylgloves.jpg

That is all. :biggrin:

Ace1875 said:
I'm thinking of a few explorers whose windows are dying to be branded.

Carefull! If you get caught, that *is* considered "vandalism"... PLS don't get in trouble!! :eek:

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Fire06 said:
Since you are being kind and generous !!:yes::yes: The Keys :rotfl::rotfl:

See that glove one post above you?

Yeah. That one?

You get that glove too. Same one. Imma not even gonna bother changing it. :raspberry:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
harmless said:

Yeah. That one?

You get that glove too. Same one. Imma not even gonna bother changing it. :raspberry:

:poke::satan::Boxin::smiley_kill:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
harmless said:

Yeah. That one?

With time we can help you with your anger issues in the mean time continue to blow shit up..:rotfl::rotfl:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Canadian Mike said:
Mine's Better!! :tongue:

Canadian flag, :no: I gotta disagree!!! Maybe one of the 'merican flags :raspberry:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks Harmless for installing these on the Cottage Country Mod festival long weekend!
7032-img-20120520-171150.jpg

7035-img-20120520-171340.jpg

However, even though I picked them out and all.
I'll be ordering some new decals. (I know, you worked hard on the install of the first set and they are perfectly aligned with no bubbles)

I don't like the contrast of the white on black on red.
It's too harsh and jarring on the eyes. It doesn't flow...:redface::frown:

I need help picking out a softer more subtle color.
A color that won't catch the eye quite so much.
Can you do color matching?
How about that etched glass we talked about?
IDK what I want.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears! :yes:

I do like this though!
7034-img-20120520-171331.jpg

That's a great idea!
I'll order another two linked to my garage profiles!
Same color as we eventually pick out for the others!

And all you other guys don't have anything until you have a decal on your lunchbox!
7033-img-20120520-171233.jpg

That's right! My lunch box!
Anyone who has worked in a Northern Ontario mine during the last 55 years will recognize that type of lunchbox. Well here she is! The 'Big Daddy' with a GMTNation sticker! :biggrin:

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
:grouphug: I luvs you guys! :thumbsup:

Don't be fightin' over the decals... They are ALL COOL, ALL BEAUTIFUL! :biggrin:

Garnet: They're meant to "POP". There's two ways to do it. "Popping" and "subtle". One thing you have to keep in mind is that depending on WHERE you are putting it, some colors will not show up at all. Dark colors on the black windows/paint fade too much into the body - the same with lighter colors.

So the best results happen when you swap the colors out. Dark background, lighter decal & vice versa.

I can probably "color match"... well, close enough to it. BUT you'll have to bring me your ride during the WEEK so I can take it to the shop and test the samples against it... can you do that?

The "etched glass" will show up, but you'll have to be right on top of it to be seen.

My "printed" decals all have to be on "white" backgrounds - due to the printing process. Those "QR Codes", you cannot change the background color.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
harmless said:
:grouphug: I luvs you guys! :thumbsup:

Don't be fightin' over the decals... They are ALL COOL, ALL BEAUTIFUL! :biggrin:

I have to agree with you there Stef... the decals are a work of art... nicely done!! :thumbsup:

Garnet: They're meant to "POP". There's two ways to do it. "Popping" and "subtle". One thing you have to keep in mind is that depending on WHERE you are putting it, some colors will not show up at all. Dark colors on the black windows/paint fade too much into the body - the same with lighter colors.

Good point... the basis of putting a decal on your ride is for it to "stand out" or "pop"... I know when I had the ones from the OS (that Stef had made for me), they didn't pop, they shouted... the only downside was that I couldn't go anywhere in the city and NOT be recognized or tracked... heheh

So the best results happen when you swap the colors out. Dark background, lighter decal & vice versa.

I can probably "color match"... well, close enough to it. BUT you'll have to bring me your ride during the WEEK so I can take it to the shop and test the samples against it... can you do that?

I just don't see the point in color-matching a decal... mebbe it's just me... :confused: Unless of course you're the Police... and then they use a more reflective decal type I gather...

The "etched glass" will show up, but you'll have to be right on top of it to be seen.

I think that type of decal might look pretty cool on Canyonaro's dark windows... :undecided:

Those "QR Codes", you cannot change the background color.

I don't understand how those work... Can you tie those codes to anything you want??

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Just wanted to give you a big thank to harmless for taking care of me. There was some confusion to the order, but he was able to get to the bottom of it and make it right. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for these vinyls because of his communication and willingness to make things right. Harmless, thanks again. :wootwoot:

View attachment 22154

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 18

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
I don't understand how those work... Can you tie those codes to anything you want??

QR Codes. You can google "QR code generator" and make your own. I have one on my computer that I use to make the decals with. Yes, you can make them point to anything or anyplace that has a URL.

The ones I currently have point to this forum. :thumbsup:

Keep in mind, if you want custom QR codes, they will need to be bought in bulk. (when I release them)

rzawora said:
Just wanted to give you a big thank to harmless for taking care of me. There was some confusion to the order, but he was able to get to the bottom of it and make it right. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for these vinyls because of his communication and willingness to make things right. Harmless, thanks again. :wootwoot:

You're welcome good Sir! It was a pleasure to get you setup properly. :Lager Louts:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
After debadging the 'Hoe, I asked Stef to make irridescent (color changing) decals in the OEM font. After applying the decals, I covered them with clear paint to protect them and keep them from peeling up. The side decal still needs sanded. (the bowties were left over from some that Jeff made for my FR SS rims)

2012-07-09_17-38-55_380.jpg

2012-08-25_19-22-24_183.jpg

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
After debadging the 'Hoe, I asked Stef to make irridescent (color changing) decals in the OEM font. After applying the decals, I covered them with clear paint to protect them and keep them from peeling up. The side decal still needs sanded. (the bowties were left over from some that Jeff made for my FR SS rims)

2012-07-09_17-38-55_380.jpg

2012-08-25_19-22-24_183.jpg

:jawdrop2:

:inlove:

THAT is a sweet application!! Well done Sir!! :2thumbsup:

I'm glad this worked out for you and that I was able to help out!!! Impressive!!! :wootwoot:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Hmmmmmm looks like i see some items i will need to order soon....On a side note if i were to get ahold of a design that everyone can agree with on the other forum im active on (GMT400) could you make decals for that as well?

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Darkrider_LS said:
Hmmmmmm looks like i see some items i will need to order soon....On a side note if i were to get ahold of a design that everyone can agree with on the other forum im active on (GMT400) could you make decals for that as well?

If you see something you like, or want it tweaked, just let me know!

As for your other stuff... Most certainly! Just PM me your final product and we'll chat! :thumbsup:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
harmless said:
If you see something you like, or want it tweaked, just let me know!

As for your other stuff... Most certainly! Just PM me your final product and we'll chat! :thumbsup:

Awesome will def let you know!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Sent ya a pm about ordering some decals.

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
It's been a while.

I've not been well, but I have been working on getting better and that's taken a ton of time and energy from me. Please be gentle, I'm still not "fixed" completely.

I am just recently started to feel good enough to venture out and do things I used to like doing.

I'm still doing decals for those who are wondering, I've got some catching up to do as my collection of masters was decimated during a hardware failure earlier this year (on top of everything else).

For those of you who asked for something before or during *my* crash last year, I apologise for the problems I may have caused and, if you're still interested, I'll get you them decals. I'll also cut them for free. You know whom you are.

Stef.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome back Stef... hope all is better my friend... :grouphug:

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Good see you again. All the power to you my friend.:thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hope ya fix up up good n quick!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Thanks guys! You were all missed, but I needed the healing time...

For the record, I still have harmless. :thumbsup: And the list of mods is long, but the parts are mostly already here!!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
harmless said:
Thanks guys! You were all missed, but I needed the healing time...

For the record, I still have harmless. :thumbsup: And the list of mods is long, but the parts are mostly already here!!

Glad to hear you are still working on your truck, I was going to send a pm here recently in regards to what i was discussing with you about a month or so ago but figured i would wait and see what was up. Glad i waited now, Def looking forward to getting some decals done in the future.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Glad to have you back!!!

harmless said:

Post a pic with today's newspaper to prove it :raspberry:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Glad you are feeling better Harmless my BFF
If Harmless needs some of that carbon burned out you say when and I will be there buddy.:wootwoot::wootwoot:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Canadian Mike said:
Welcome back Stef!

Newspaper? What's that? :biggrin:

OK, how about a phone with the last post in this thread.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online