You MIGHT laugh

bigytwotone

Original poster
Member
Dec 7, 2011
489
Dawson creek BC Canada
Hello everyone just thought i would post this.

Today i went to the stealer-ship to look at trading the beast in on a truck and i found one a nice 2002 chevy silverado with the 4.8 v8 with 167,000 KMS and nothing in it, no tow package no options manual everything and a tape player. Well drove nice and liked it they want $10,000 ok well my trailblazer is a 2003 LTZ 4x4 with 130,000kms and has all options leather heated seats power everything sunroof 3"lift g80 and its got 4.10 gears well they wanted my truck + $8000. :eek::eek::eek: i was pissed off i was hoping mad you should have been there i could not believe they wanted to buy my truck for $2000 i said no deal and left well when i left the parking lot i did a no no and left two long black marks on the pavement well i did not care they are F@#$%% bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep ETC.
 

McGMT

Member
Jun 17, 2012
621
bigytwotone said:
Hello everyone just thought i would post this.

Today i went to the stealer-ship to look at trading the beast in on a truck and i found one a nice 2002 chevy silverado with the 4.8 v8 with 167,000 KMS and nothing in it, no tow package no options manual everything and a tape player. Well drove nice and liked it they want $10,000 ok well my trailblazer is a 2003 LTZ 4x4 with 130,000kms and has all options leather heated seats power everything sunroof 3"lift g80 and its got 4.10 gears well they wanted my truck + $8000. :eek::eek::eek: i was pissed off i was hoping mad you should have been there i could not believe they wanted to buy my truck for $2000 i said no deal and left well when i left the parking lot i did a no no and left two long black marks on the pavement well i did not care they are F@#$%% bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep ETC.

Fair condition (the worst) trade in value is $4700 (USD)
 

Lima Tango

Member
Dec 4, 2011
242
WTF would you want to downgrade to that older stripped Silverado with more miles anyway? Shit, they should have paid you extra cash to even out the trade!
 

TangoBravo

Member
Dec 5, 2011
208
Lima Tango said:
WTF would you want to downgrade to that older stripped Silverado with more miles anyway? Shit, they should have paid you extra cash to even out the trade!

Im with you, WTF? They must have thought your were stupid(not saying you are) to even ask that you would sell your TB for 2,000. Why would you even be considering the idea of a downgrade anyways?
 

fadyasha

Member
Dec 21, 2011
1,134
lol That's sad! I don't know why they underestimate our vehicles! Here in KSA the prices have gone down significantly! Like way downnnnnn!! I practically got every option there is in the book and my trade in value was about $6000 a 2003 LTZ. 2008 Envoy denali's are going for less than $8000 here! it's crazy and Sad

My truck hit beyond 208K and sensing some trouble in the gear so I'm moving on soon, but it's either a newer model TB or an Envoy Denali.
 

Boog2006

Member
Dec 3, 2011
151
It's not just Chevy...I went to trade a 2012 dodge journey with 10k for a 2008 Tacoma with 60k and they wanted $11k + my vehicle...they're all the devil!
 

Hypnotoad

Member
Dec 5, 2011
1,584
Do you think they low ball you because they don't want your car?

I'm in the construction trade, and when you don't want a job, you bid it really high at a price no one in their right mind would consider.
 
Dec 4, 2011
520
Hypnotoad said:
Do you think they low ball you because they don't want your car?

I'm in the construction trade, and when you don't want a job, you bid it really high at a price no one in their right mind would consider.

I'm in the construction supply trade and on the other side you get the guy with a 1967 Chevy 1/2 ton office who will do the work for 20.00/hr. Why can't we just say NO we don't want the job or at least your to busy. If enough people turn down the job the owner might get the idea the job isn't worth doing or be prepared to pay for it. If they choose the guy who has the mobile office then they might get what they pay for.

But you are right bidding high is an accepted practice.
 

bigytwotone

Original poster
Member
Dec 7, 2011
489
Dawson creek BC Canada
TangoBravo said:
Im with you, WTF? They must have thought your were stupid(not saying you are) to even ask that you would sell your TB for 2,000. Why would you even be considering the idea of a downgrade anyways?

to tell you the truth i dont want to downgrade but my personal job is getting bigger and bigger and the TB is getting small so i need to get a truck or a utility trailer. The trailer idea is good but i have no room for it here but with that BIG slap in the face I am not selling MY TRUCK i am going to keep it and love every minute of driving it and upgrading it might even get a v8 for it best friend has a junk yard with a v8 TB in there i might be able to get my hands on :smile:
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
values are down all across the board... especially since we have SUV's and with gas topping $5 in some places.. its just not an SUV market anymore...

I've been going back and forth on trading in my SS... but with the recent figures... it just wont benefit me anymore... 6 months ago, my truck was seeing $20k trade in value all day... '07 SS w/38k miles... i just looked the other day... a whopping $15,5 to $17,000 depending on condition... so for me to get enough to pay off the current loan, then have a decent amount for a down payment and getting my payments lower, plus getting the car that i want.. it just can't happen at $15k-$17k trade in value.. sure i can negotiate.. but im not going to see $20k for my truck ever again... i could try to sell it outright as private selling value is still near $19k-$20.. but to wait months and months... it will just lose more value as i wait...
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
Well not to mention that our trucks have been discontinued along with many other cars back in 09 so that is why they loose soo much value like that. One reason why you see so many GMT's out there is because they are not bad trucks and the price is good for them. Other trucks cost more and same goes with the grand prix and grand am etc
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,392
Posts
638,780
Members
18,601
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online