Would you rather have...

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Exhibit A)
264329c_19.jpeg


or

Exhibit B)
86822bi_19.jpeg


On this truck?
530-100-0713.jpg



Looking for your opinions!
 

Short Bus

Member
Dec 2, 2011
1,906
:no: Neither. B is better, but I would keep looking.
 

Black_tb

Member
Dec 6, 2011
817
b if anything
 

Short Bus

Member
Dec 2, 2011
1,906
06Envoy said:
Really?
Why?

Way to go and burst my bubble! :hissyfit: :rotfl:

That's just my opinion, they're like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. It's your truck, GET THE RIMS YOU LIKE!!!!!

It looks like your looking at 20's, so maybe these?

[EBAY]251012351888[/EBAY]

or

[EBAY]270904111702[/EBAY]
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,685
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Short Bus said:
That's just my opinion, they're like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. It's your truck, GET THE RIMS YOU LIKE!!!!!

It looks like your looking at 20's, so maybe these?

[EBAY]251012351888[/EBAY]

Hmm, I would love to get some 22"s in those, and color match the chrome parts :yes:
 

Short Bus

Member
Dec 2, 2011
1,906
Blckshdw said:
Hmm, I would love to get some 22"s in those, and color match the chrome parts :yes:

Here they are :smile:

[EBAY]140704603964[/EBAY]
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Nov 20, 2011
10,685
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:duh: I need to learn to keep my mouth shut, and mod bug locked away :tongue:
 

STLtrailbSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,617
B is the best
SS 20s are still my favorite rims ever seen aftermarket or OEM, they work on anything.
 

Short Bus

Member
Dec 2, 2011
1,906
Blckshdw said:
:duh: I need to learn to keep my mouth shut, and mod bug locked away :tongue:

It's much cheaper for me to feed your mod bug, and leave mine alone.
 

Voymom

Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
B is better but I think the SS in black chrome would be awesome!!
 

STLtrailbSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,617
Voymom said:
B is better but I think the SS in black chrome would be awesome!!

Pshhh black chrome maybe for the rich folk
SS 20s Plasti Dip Killer/Drug Dealer Black. :thumbsup:
 

MDBT

Member
Jan 26, 2012
223
I agree it's objective on taste. I for instance think B looks like crap and would prefer A.

Close up of B:
8347e32_20.jpeg


The TBSS wheels are nice, but I'm not sure how I'd like them on an LWB burgandy Envoy. Only LWB envoy I have seen OEM SS type wheels on was a black one over on the tbss site and I wasn't impressed.

As for the tires for sale in the classifieds, that's a bit much for some very worn rubber especially considering how many TBSS owners seem to loathe the stock tires that are on those wheels.
 

SBUBandit

Member
Dec 5, 2011
597
Between A & B, I definitely prefer B. I have never liked wheels that have too much metal, almost a solid disc. I like alot of space to see the brakes behind them. I do agree though that the SS 20" wheels look better than any other wheel I've ever seen on a TB, with the exception of the lifted TBs. On the TBs with lifts i like the more aggressive black wheels. I think the nicest wheels I've seen on a lifted TB are the ones on Kuchar's TB
 

Sparky

Member
Dec 4, 2011
12,927
Photochop the wheels on there.

Heck I might do that later if no one has yet.
 

drwfaulk

Member
Jan 5, 2012
144
None! Both are too busy and a very common look. I would go with 22" ss wheels from factory replicas and they have color choices.
 

Juicy K

Member
Feb 14, 2012
433
Indianapolis, Indiana
If it had to be A or B I would say B. I love the Denali wheels, but the 20" SS replicas are not a bad Idea, I think they look good on the whole line up, not just TB or Envoy. Just my two cents.
 

TexazReece

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,341
I'd stick with the ones you have or go with the 22" replica SS wheels....your truck looks good just like that imo
 

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Member
Dec 3, 2011
8,053
Brighton, CO
TexazReece said:
I'd stick with the ones you have or go with the 22" replica SS wheels....your truck looks good just like that imo

I have to agree.. But if you must replace them, keep me in mind for your old rims. I would love to have a set of those..
 

MacMan

Member
Mar 3, 2012
194
Neither, and all the ones shown above (except the original stock ones and the SS rims) are ugly. :uhno:

IMO.
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
03envoy said:
I LOVE your truck! @06Envoy
Why thank you! :grouphug:


djthumper said:
I don't think that the Bowtie center caps would match up with a GMC. :wink: Besides, I'm not much into the SS wheels.


drwfaulk said:
None! Both are too busy and a very common look. I would go with 22" ss wheels from factory replicas and they have color choices.
I picked 20's cuz they are about the tallest rim that you can go around here without too much worry about damage caused by hitting a pothole.
We are ranked the third worst city for having potholes in Canada.
I have friends with 22's who have blown tires and bent rims just due to daily driving.
Of coarse that was back a few years when we drove a little bit faster and had a little bit less greys than we do now. :redface:


Sparky said:
Photochop the wheels on there...Heck I might do that later if no one has yet.
Yes please! I'd like to see that done! :cool:


TollKeeper said:
I have to agree.. But if you must replace them, keep me in mind for your old rims. I would love to have a set of those..
Really? Why? They are just OEM rims. Nothing too special. I will keep you in mind. Shipping those across the border will cost an arm and a leg. I will offer to drive them to any Northern, Eastern and Southern border in Ontario.


jbones said:
Ah, that style rims bring back memories. I'm looking at buying a restored 79 Camaro Z28 this spring. Wouldn't those look nice on that? Actually isn't that style pretty damn close to the OEM Z28 rims anyway? Not chromed of coarse.






I'm actually leaning towards Exhibit A) myself. Maybe I'm old school and a tad bit french, but I like the chrome rims.
I have black steelies on for the winter and they suck. I think it's just the color black that I don't like on my truck.
I bought these 20's for myself already, but I' don't like em on my truck. Too black.
But, I think they look really great on my wife's truck.. go figure.
4944-8831ef8-20.jpg
 

jbones

Member
Dec 5, 2011
658
06Envoy said:
Ah, that style rims bring back memories...

Me too! If I had some disposable income I’d go old school, but are there adapters for 6x5 to 5x4 3/4? And there’s the rear spacing: 3-1/2'', and -6mm offset. Not sure how any of that plays. But the look of cragar’s cannot be matched in my book.

View attachment 19532
 

Attachments

  • 260-61C5451222.jpg
    260-61C5451222.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 133

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
946
B is my choice.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
I like B better than A and really dislike black wheels.
 

CdnGMan

Member
Nov 22, 2011
1,393
Toronto
As a fellow Canuck, I can totally relate to the poor road conditions you speak of... down here in the city, it's a bit better - but not by much...

I'm getting ready to plop these 20" bad boys on my ride anytime now:

View attachment 19562

I've cleaned them up a bit since that pic was taken... :tongue:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 4

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Member
Dec 3, 2011
8,053
Brighton, CO
06Envoy said:
Really? Why? They are just OEM rims. Nothing too special. I will keep you in mind. Shipping those across the border will cost an arm and a leg. I will offer to drive them to any Northern, Eastern and Southern border in Ontario.

I just like the look of them...
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
CdnGMan said:
As a fellow Canuck, I can totally relate to the poor road conditions you speak of... down here in the city, it's a bit better - but not by much...I'm getting ready to plop these 20" bad boys on my ride anytime now:
View attachment 4980I've cleaned them up a bit since that pic was taken... :tongue:
Cool! I can't wait to see them at the next meet.





Thanks for everyone's opinions!

I think I'm not going to grab either of those sets.
They just happened to be available for cheap on kijiji right now.
I'm not to fond of either after thinking hard about both sets for a week or so now.

I just can't have my wife running around on 20's while I'm only on OEM 18's.
I guess I was just have wheel envy...

I'm going to take my time and find a set that I really like.
 

CdnGMan

Member
Nov 22, 2011
1,393
Toronto
06Envoy said:
Cool! I can't wait to see them at the next meet.

Well, I couldn't wait and had to get them put on today... :tongue:

Here's before:
View attachment 19641

And here's after:
View attachment 19642

Now she (Canyonaro) needs a wash and some TLC, but I think she looks pretty damn good! :thumbsup:

I drove by my parents to drop off the stock set and my Pops asked me when I was coming back to take him for a ride!!
Now THAT's an endorsement if you ask me! :wootwoot:

06Envoy said:
I think I'm not going to grab either of those sets.
They just happened to be available for cheap on kijiji right now.
I'm not to fond of either after thinking hard about both sets for a week or so now.

Not being impulsive can be be a VERY smart choice in the end... :thumbsup:

06Envoy said:
I just can't have my wife running around on 20's while I'm only on OEM 18's.
I guess I was just have wheel envy...

There's nothing worse than wheel envy... now EVERY truck you see will have the set you're looking for!!! :rotfl:

06Envoy said:
I'm going to take my time and find a set that I really like.

Best thing you can do - at the end of the day YOU have to live with them... and the Missus! :yes:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2026.jpg
    IMG_2026.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2029.jpg
    IMG_2029.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 5

gmcman

Member
Dec 12, 2011
4,656
Those do look cool, slightly conservative and that's one of the nicer LWB's I've seen. :thumbsup:
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
5064d1332022785t-would-you-rather-have-img_2029.jpg

Yes!

Those rims suit your truck!
They look great!
That how good I want my truck to look with rims...
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,330
Posts
637,988
Members
18,532
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online